corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Astra Sport Hatch VXR Nurburgring Edition

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Astra Sport Hatch VXR Nurburgring Edition
Jill
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   9th Jan 08 at 15:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Advance apologies if this is a repost...

Just wondered if anyone had any more information on this apart from the stuff on the Vauxhall website? It's obviously a limited edition- how many are they making and when is/was it released? It's got the 2.0 16v turbo engien with 240ps so obviously not tweaked at all, just mainly seems to be a few exterior and interior changes to a bog standard VXR Astra? My old boss is thinking of getting one when he sells his ST Focus but wants more information

JILL
Toby
Premium Member

9th Jan 08 at 15:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they are making 731 or something as thats it times around the ting, they come with a spoiler which the opc ones dont but ours did, thats all i can think off the top of my head
Robbo

9th Jan 08 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do a search on here Jill'th as there wa sa link to the PH news about it, was pretty informative!
Jill
Premium Member

9th Jan 08 at 15:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
Do a search on here Jill'th as there wa sa link to the PH news about it, was pretty informative!

I know, you do a search for me, that be would just fine and lovely Muchos gracias in advance Robinho

JILL
gianluigi

9th Jan 08 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quite a bit of info on PH

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=17286
gianluigi

9th Jan 08 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

First of all the reason it’s been released is to celebrate the 8.35 second lap that the Astra done at the Nurburgring (fastest in its class)

Secondly, 835 (seen the connection?) are being made. A lot have already been ordered already, with delivery starting in March.

Thirdly, it has been tuned. It has a full Remus system on it, that includes turbo down pipe, sports CAT & CAT back system which releases 20bhp on the Astra pushing power up to 260bhp.

Forthly it comes with lightweight ATB wheels with Dunlop Sport tyres and has a very slightly wider track than a standard Astra VXR, it also has unique number plaques in the car with full leather interior with the Nurburgring track etched onto the leather. Nurburgring Edition sill plates and B-pillar logos are also fitted.

But best of all its white and you cannot get a standard Astra VXR in white
Paul_J

9th Jan 08 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsaB4ever
they are making 731 or something as thats it times around the ting, they come with a spoiler which the opc ones dont but ours did, thats all i can think off the top of my head

835 > 8 mins 35.

I think 7 mins 31 = super car style record breaking speeds.
Daimo B

9th Jan 08 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not much different from a UK VXR.

Comes with larger rear spoiler (standard on VXRs, but NOT on OPCs in europe), some nice decals and door sills. A nice Nurbergring logo on the seats, some lighter alloys, a cat back exhaust.

Marketting gimmick. A celebratory "TRACK" car and they fail to add the important things,, like the 4 pot upgrade, suspension upgrade.

Will be for people who just want to stand out with a special edition. Might as well buy a cheap VXR, add the bits i've mentioned above, and oblitorate the "special edition" one in every way.

Should be about £18k I think.
gianluigi

9th Jan 08 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsaB4ever

the bodywork is absolutely the same as a standard VXR, the spoiler is no different, the only difference being the logos on the door and sill protectors, and obviously the white paint.
Daimo B

9th Jan 08 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gianluigi
First of all the reason it’s been released is to celebrate the 8.35 second lap that the Astra done at the Nurburgring (fastest in its class)

Secondly, 835 (seen the connection?) are being made. A lot have already been ordered already, with delivery starting in March.

Thirdly, it has been tuned. It has a full Remus system on it, that includes turbo down pipe, sports CAT & CAT back system which releases 20bhp on the Astra pushing power up to 260bhp.

Forthly it comes with lightweight ATB wheels with Dunlop Sport tyres and has a very slightly wider track than a standard Astra VXR, it also has unique number plaques in the car with full leather interior with the Nurburgring track etched onto the leather. Nurburgring Edition sill plates and B-pillar logos are also fitted.

Sucked in by the marketting ploy

Not forgetting the "fake" carbon fibre door mirrors and B piller cover....

Fake carbon fibre, nicccccceeeee, jsut what i want on my brand new £20k astra. Next up, carbon style covered bonnet
Steve
Premium Member

9th Jan 08 at 16:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i agree with daimo, just jumping on the nurburgring bandwagon at the moment
Daimo B

9th Jan 08 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

steve and me in agreement shocker.

Hold the press.
Robbo

9th Jan 08 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

There you go Jill'th, Luigi did it for me, cheers Luigi
Jill
Premium Member

9th Jan 08 at 16:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Cheers Luigi my little lovely You're a star I have emailed kendrick that PH link as well. Excellent stuff!

JILL
Jill
Premium Member

9th Jan 08 at 16:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
quote:

There you go Jill'th, Luigi did it for me, cheers Luigi

Thanks Robinho ya slowpoke!

JILL

[Edited on 09-01-2008 by Jill]
Robbo

9th Jan 08 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He n ot wanting the RS then?
Novaneil

9th Jan 08 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The fact it comes in white is enough for me to badly want one, regardless of what else it has/hasn't got on it

Very nice car IMO and I would defo pay the extra £££ for it.
Ian
Site Administrator

9th Jan 08 at 18:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
Not much different from a UK VXR.
I think the they did the time in a normal one, then made that one to celebrate.

Either way, missed opportunity to go bonkers. There are enough people out there spending grands modding them that a proper factory upgrade would have gone down well.

If they do a Corsa I'll probably buy it then put it back to standard VXR just so it's the right colour
Rob H

9th Jan 08 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
Fake carbon fibre, nicccccceeeee, jsut what i want on my brand new £20k astra.

Erm, didn't your £20k Astra come with fake carbon fibre on the dash and door cards?

Seems to be a bit of a ploy like the Clio Megane F1's are/were - pretty much the same albeit a few minor differences, and some different paint, but people are prepared to pay the premium.

Wheels they've chosen are particularly shocking though IMO - looks like they found a batch of cheap wheels in a warehouse last used in the early ninties, and deceded to use them...
deano87

9th Jan 08 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hope to god these aren't hugely more expensive?
jr

9th Jan 08 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the offical vauxhall ad has some shocking photoshopping in it
Superlite Ltd.

9th Jan 08 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had the leaflets about them come through at work. Well worth the extra money imo
cunningham

9th Jan 08 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what wheels are on it seen the wheels on the T9 they look wank

would rather have a white 888
MJ

9th Jan 08 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Taken from migweb

http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/vauxhall-mig-news/343283-car-when-even-astra-vxr-isnt-vxr-enough.html

i have fallen in love

[Edited on 09-01-2008 by MJ]
Steve
Premium Member

9th Jan 08 at 20:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aye looks nice that, i just think the name is tacky and shit

[Edited on 09-01-2008 by Steve]

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Astra Sport Hatch VXR Nurburgring Edition 22 database queries in 0.0141299 seconds