corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Shit + fan =

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Shit + fan =
Cosmo

User status: Offline
14th Jan 08 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Story that is due out in todays Echo...

Tom Hicks: We lined up Jurgen Klinsmann Jan 14 2008

EXCLUSIVE by Tony Barrett, Liverpool Echo

TOM Hicks and George Gillett held a secret meeting with Jurgen Klinsmann to line him up as the next manager of Liverpool FC.

Hicks today insisted the talks would not have resulted in the immediate dismissal of Rafael Benitez and that Klinsmann was only "an insurance policy."

He told the ECHO: "We attempted to negotiate an option, as an insurance policy, to have him become manager if Rafa left for Real Madrid or other clubs that were rumoured in the UK press.

"Or in case our communication spiralled out of control for some reason."

The ECHO can also reveal:

* Had Liverpool crashed out of the Champions League the club’s owners would have tried to replace Benitez.

* A deal was almost agreed for Dubai International Capital to buy a minority share in the club in the autumn, only for talks to collapse over the valuation of the club.

* Hicks is hopeful for a financial restructure and that plans for the new stadium will be released by the end of this week.
AdZ9

14th Jan 08 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Then he decided to manage a good team and go to Bayern :-P
Edd

14th Jan 08 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

* A deal was almost agreed for Dubai International Capital to buy a minority share in the club in the autumn, only for talks to collapse over the valuation of the club.

hmmm
Cosmo

14th Jan 08 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH Klinsmann hasnt shown any reason why he should manage at the top level, so why they were even interested in him I dont know.

The two main rumours going round at the moment are that Hicks wants Rafa out but feels the fans reaction if they sacked him would be extremely bad so this is a way to force him out on his own decision.

And the other one is that DIC (the Dubai group who were trying to buy us when the Yanks did) are back interested in buying us again.
Cosmo

14th Jan 08 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Edd

hmmm

I seriously doubt they were interested in buying a minority share, not unless it would lead to owning the whole club!
Nismo

14th Jan 08 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think Klinsman is good, would be welcomeded at most clubs, but i would expect he turned down Liverpool.
Cosmo

14th Jan 08 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nismo
I think Klinsman is good, would be welcomeded at most clubs, but i would expect he turned down Liverpool.

Waiting for a big club like Spurs?
Edd

14th Jan 08 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
Originally posted by Edd

hmmm

I seriously doubt they were interested in buying a minority share, not unless it would lead to owning the whole club!

my take on that would be they were testing the water and the valuation is vastly inflated therefore they backed out
Cosmo

14th Jan 08 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats whats going about. Plus considering they walked away when outbid by Hicks and co last Feb it makes no sense for them to come back now.
Tom

14th Jan 08 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

No nath probably thinks that he'd enjoy having so much money to spend on stikers at tottenham

I fail to see how he would be welcomed by most 'top' clubs also.
Cosmo

14th Jan 08 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I menan what has he done exactly in club management to show he is top class?!
Tom

14th Jan 08 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly, diving bastard
Cosmo

14th Jan 08 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Exactly, diving Nazi bastard

Tom

14th Jan 08 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That too tbh
Cosmo

14th Jan 08 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

THE ECHO today reveals how Liverpool co-chairmen Tom Hicks and George Gillett met Jurgen Klinsmann to ask him to consider replacing Rafa Benitez as manager.

In an extraordinary interview, Hicks details the reasons why the duo wanted the former Germany manager to commit himself to the club in the event that Liverpool and Benitez parted company.

The meeting took place at Hicks’ second home in southern California in late November during America’s Thanksgiving vacation – the very same week when Benitez gave his now infamous “I’m going to concentrate on coaching and training my players” press conference at Melwood.

Klinsmann was joined by his wife Debbie at the meeting and was told he would be the ideal man to take Liverpool forward if Benitez either left the club or was dismissed.

Hicks today insisted that the offer made to Klinsmann – who was named Bayern Munich's new manager at the end of last week – was no more than an “insurance policy” and that Benitez now has his full support.

But his admission that talks reached such an advanced stage is unlikely to dampen speculation that the Spaniard is on borrowed time at Anfield.

The Dallas-based multi-millionaire admits that doubts about Liverpool progressing in the Champions League following their defeat by Besiktas coupled with “communication problems” with Benitez were the reasons why he thought the club needed a contingency plan in case the manager was either dismissed or left of his own accord.

Klinsmann, who guided Germany to the semi-finals of the World Cup in 2006 but who has never managed at club level, was that contingency plan.

Hicks told the ECHO: “In November, when it appeared we were in danger of not advancing in the Champions League, weren’t playing well in our Premier League matches, and Rafa and we were having communication issues over the January transfer window, George and I met with Jurgen Klinsmann to learn as much as we could about English and European football.

“He is a very impressive man. We attempted to negotiate an option, as an insurance policy, to have him become our manager in the event Rafa decided to leave our club for Real Madrid or other clubs that were rumoured in the UK press, or in case our communication spiralled out of control for some reason.”

It was only when Hicks and Gillett sat down with Benitez for clear the air talks at Anfield following the defeat to Man United on December 16 that the club's owners decided not to take their interest in Klinsmann any further.

And Hicks insists Benitez now has the full support of both himself and Gillett.

He said: “After George and I had our long and productive meeting with Rafa following the Man United match, we put all of our issues behind us and received Rafa's commitment that he wanted to stay with Liverpool.

“We never reached agreement on an option with Jurgen, and we are both pleased for him that he has a great opportunity to return to Germany and coach a great club team.

“Rafa has both of our support, and our communication has greatly improved.

“Foster, Rick Parry and Rafa now have regular meetings at Melwood on Monday mornings.

“The two families always try to have a telephonic meeting on Monday afternoons, so we all are on the same page. We all want to win more games.”

Klinsmann is set to take up his new post at Bayern Munich on July 1 but had Liverpool failed to qualify for the knockout stages of the Champions League or had Benitez not ironed out his differences with his bosses, the German could easily have replaced him as Reds manager.
Jules

14th Jan 08 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
The two main rumours going round at the moment are that Hicks wants Rafa out but feels the fans reaction if they sacked him would be extremely bad so this is a way to force him out on his own decision.

Nobody likes a scouser, let alone a mildly annoyed one.
Cosmo

14th Jan 08 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jules
quote:

Dont worry, we'll all be back happy again when your lot pay £11m for Sissoko!
Nismo

14th Jan 08 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

yes , yes thats right

Infact im sure Klinsman would rather come to Spurs than liverfool.
Cosmo

14th Jan 08 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Infact im sure Klinsman would rather come to Spurs than liverfool.

Lets hope so.
Nismo

14th Jan 08 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

were happy with Ramos now so no need
Cosmo

14th Jan 08 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As long as Klinsmann continues to take these small jobs (avoiding Liverpool) until he has proved himself to manage the biggest club in the world (Spurs obviously) then I'll be happy.
Robbo

14th Jan 08 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I menan what has he done exactly in club management to show he is top class?!
Not a ot in club but he took an average national side to within 30 mins of the world cup final :S

But how much of that was the home support etc
Robbo

14th Jan 08 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Jules
quote:

No-ones gonna pay that much for someone who seems to have never fully recovered form his eye thing!

IMO
Cosmo

14th Jan 08 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
quote:
No-ones gonna pay that much for someone who seems to have never fully recovered form his eye thing!

IMO

Yes they are
Hammer

14th Jan 08 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Klinsmann would have been a poor appointment imo, the 1 manager you'd even contemplate getting rid of Benitez for is Mourinho.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Shit + fan = 23 database queries in 0.0170882 seconds