corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 306 D Turbo How do you rate?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 306 D Turbo How do you rate?
RioVerde

User status: Offline
19th Jan 08 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thinking of selling the 1.6 corsa for one to save a bit off running costs and have a comfier quieter car,im 24 next month and had enough of the boy racer type cars,want something a bit more normal!
Does anyone or has anyone owned one and your experiences with the car
power,mpg,comfort,reliability etc also would you choose the hdi over the older engine?
cheers people!
richc

19th Jan 08 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

power (alot less that your sport) about 87 bhp i think says in the book.
Mpg they very old ones like 1994 shape are aparantly more economical that the later ones that are on a S reg plate. But you talkin 40mpg or a tad over realisticly.
They are pretty reliable, but look out for headgasket tends to be alot for sale as non runner due to headgasket.
They look lovley, i looked at getting one and still do now and again!

But if you got the extra money, get the HDI. That does 50mpg easy. And i dont think these engines are really prone to go wrong. You see some big milage ones that are still fine!
mk4_astra

19th Jan 08 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i currently own a phase 2 T reg one as a runabout until i decide what i want next.

55mpg, 90bhp which gives OK performance, mine has the older engine and it is noisy compared to todays diesel engines and not very smooth though so if your budget allows you should consider the hdi engine, however there is nothing wrong with the older engine.

really cant see it being anymore comfortable than a corsa b
RioVerde

19th Jan 08 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

must get at least 45 mpg! will keep the corsa if only get 40 mpg
will be more comfortable than a corsa b lowered 40mm on jamex shocks n springs!
mk4_astra

19th Jan 08 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well dont quote me on 55mpg as i understand thats the book figure and seeing as i only put 10-15 pound a week in it im very happy with whatever it does so having never calculated it myself.

probably will be, very good fun on the twisties aswell
richc

19th Jan 08 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

55 mpg? do you do mainly motorway then?
Andrew

19th Jan 08 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A guy at my work has two. Says the engine is built really well and likes the styling.

Had one of them since new and gone around the clock once. Recones it's still on the same engine.
Andrew

19th Jan 08 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My 307 averages around 40 mpg. It's on 7k now and not caused me any problems so far.
Andrew

19th Jan 08 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Although i got shut of my Corsa for the same reasons as you. Wanted a car that represented my age and didn't have to tighten things up on all the time.
richc

19th Jan 08 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mk4_astra
well dont quote me on 55mpg as i understand thats the book figure and seeing as i only put 10-15 pound a week in it im very happy with whatever it does so having never calculated it myself.

probably will be, very good fun on the twisties aswell

What book you reading

1.9 D Turbo 3d (AC)
Production 1 Apr 1997 to 1 Jun 1999
Length 4030 mm
Width 1680 mm
Height 1380 mm
Weight 1135 kg
Fuel Delivery Multi point fuel injection
Transmission Manual
Gears 5 Speed

Performance
Engine Size 1905 cc
Cylinders 4
0-60 mph 13.3 s
Power Output 90 bhp
Valves 8
Torque 197 Nm
Top Speed 111 mph
Costs
MPG 42
Insurance Group 5
Euro Emissions Standard
CO2 Emissions 175 g/km
Road Tax Band -
Click here for road tax costs
Click here for company car tax costs

Practicality
Wheelbase 2580 mm
Luggage Capacity -
Fuel Capacity 60 L
Turning Circle -
Unbraked Towing Weight 600 kg
Braked Towing Weight 1200 kg

There you go look - 42 mpg average! Not a clue where you get 55 from tbh
bubble

19th Jan 08 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv got a v-reg hdi, when i brim my tank, i get 600 miles give or take 10-15. has sports seats with lumbar, rain sensitive wipers, air con, gti-6 wheels, spoiler, i gave £1400.

best car i've owned all round tbh
Carl

19th Jan 08 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got an old mechanical diesel one, in no longer than an hour you can have 110bhp (some people claim 120 but 110 is a lot more realistic, and it depends how much you wind out the fueling and boost)
the hdi can be remaped to 120 but will cost you in the region of 300 quid, not bad for 30 bhp though.
I know you might not be interested in tuning them but for me this as to be done as it transforms the car with it being another 3rd of it's original bhp. They also drive better for it as the trubo spools up earlier.
James_DT

19th Jan 08 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndrewHad one of them since new and gone around the clock once. Recones it's still on the same engine.

It's done over a million miles? Does he have any time left in his day after driving?

Engines are bullet proof. Inside they're comfortable, there's more space than a Corsa, and they handle better (vs a standard Corsa B).
The fuelling/boost mod gives you about 110bhp, and brings the power and torque lower down. I've had mine well over 4 years, and it's still going strong. It's not broken down or had to go into the garage for anything more major than an MOT.

richc - the Peugeot book quotes well over 50mpg for whichever category motorway driving falls into. Although, only if you do a constant speed of around 60mph IIRC.
corsa_sport_jay

19th Jan 08 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mate has got alot of parts forsale for a 306 d turbo! if anyone is interested? including turbo and dumpvalve leather seats and cyclones in antrax grey!
richc

19th Jan 08 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by James_DT
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewHad one of them since new and gone around the clock once. Recones it's still on the same engine.

It's done over a million miles? Does he have any time left in his day after driving?

Engines are bullet proof. Inside they're comfortable, there's more space than a Corsa, and they handle better (vs a standard Corsa B).
The fuelling/boost mod gives you about 110bhp, and brings the power and torque lower down. I've had mine well over 4 years, and it's still going strong. It's not broken down or had to go into the garage for anything more major than an MOT.

richc - the Peugeot book quotes well over 50mpg for whichever category motorway driving falls into. Although, only if you do a constant speed of around 60mph IIRC.

Yer i know what you mean, but were talking average. When you talk about a cars mpg you talk about its average. Like if i say my car does 30mpg, im not talking 60mph constintly down the motorway in 5th, im talking what it does on the whole
STEvieXE

19th Jan 08 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a corsa is twice the car, build wise and reliability wise.

watch out for dodgy electrics esp in doors
all types of heater/fan probs WALK AWAY
axle bushes
head gaskets
fan belts n tensioners
drop links

all manner of wanky things..
James_DT

19th Jan 08 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quite, I was just saying where people get that figure from. The people who quote over the 50s for 306 DTs are either constantly doing motorway miles or telling porkies. It's much more like 42-44 with mixed driving, or 36-38 if you're driving like a mad man. That said, the same mad man driving takes the Laguna, which is a petrol 1.6, down to 33/34ish.
James_DT

19th Jan 08 at 17:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by STEvieXE
a corsa is twice the car, build wise and reliability wise

No it isn't.
There's really not much in the reliability stakes. There's fuck all to go wrong on the D Turbo as there's few electrical bits on the engine. Inside they feel like they're built out of better materials too.
RioVerde

19th Jan 08 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bloody el what a debate!!,guess everyone has had different experiences I get around 34 mpg out of the corsa so was looking for a bit more economy and as diesel is dearer than petrol i dont think id save a deal!,mainly looking for quieter smoother driving really with better mpg
RioVerde

19th Jan 08 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how about mondeo 1.8td vectra 1.7td or something similar hmmmmmm
richc

20th Jan 08 at 01:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They will be old now though and resemble a barge! I personally wouldnt bother wih the hassle of a different car because the money you will loose and depreication and fuel savings wont outweigh your costs atm
RioVerde

20th Jan 08 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

true mate,what do u drive do u see my car around??
richc

20th Jan 08 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1.4 sport. Ive seen you around a coulpe of times, mainly on the way to work when i were at rolls. ill upload a pic of mine. wait up
richc

20th Jan 08 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really shit photo from the side

[Edited on 20-01-2008 by richc]
RioVerde

20th Jan 08 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol yeah seen u a couple of times think the last time was when i was pulling out a t junction n u went past,used to work at ron brooks toyota now work in derby so dont really go to ilkeston!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 306 D Turbo How do you rate? 22 database queries in 0.0155292 seconds