corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Gillett sells his 50% to DIC

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Gillett sells his 50% to DIC
Cosmo

User status: Offline
11th Feb 08 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rumours are coming out that Gillett is 95% done with selling his 50% of the club to DIC, with just the final bits of paperwork needing completion and signing.

More info when I get it.
mattwhite

11th Feb 08 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anything else on this yet then?
Cosmo

11th Feb 08 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not yet.

The guy who is coming out with it is one of the top guys in the RTK group, and also runs one of the biggest LFC forums. He is saying that he has heard it from two sources who have been very very reliable in the past. One of which is saying its done and signed, the other saying a deal has been agreed in principle and just needs the last bits sorting.

Other stuff is coming out, but this isnt based from any particular source that I can find out, saying that they have hit a stumbling block as DIC are refusing to pay up any early repayment fee to RBS for repaying the loan in full now, and want G&H to do this. The guy who said that said both DIC and G&H are in talks with RBS over this now.
Tom

11th Feb 08 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not hicks
Cosmo

11th Feb 08 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well it seems Hicks is more stubborn and holding out for a bigger pay day, which if this deal goes through he could well get.

But I seriously doubt DIC would buy 50% of the club without knowing they could get the other 50% fairly easily, as its not in their best interests to only own part of it, especially with an owner who isnt liked or backed by the fans.
Tom

11th Feb 08 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Suppose so

Interesting and positive stuff imo, without knowing too much about it obviously
Cosmo

11th Feb 08 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is certainly interesting.

Also Hicks has said he is coming over, with all his clan, for the Inter Milan game. So if he is still an owner by then it should be an interesting visit. As not only are protests planned for when they arrive at, during and leave the stadium, but also at the hotel they will be at all night
Tom

11th Feb 08 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where do they stay when they come over?

Cosmo

11th Feb 08 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
where do they stay when they come over?

Ive no idea, I think a few of the fan groups know though.

I wouldnt be surprised if its the one next to my place in Manchester, as know they stayed there when they were buying the club as thats where Rafa, Gerrard and Carra went to meet them.
Tom

11th Feb 08 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cool wonder why they don't stay in malmaison or radisson or one of the boutique ones in town

I saw zoe ball in malmaison in manchester last wednesday

I hope this stories true i've told all my mates
Cosmo

11th Feb 08 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They may well stay in Liverpool when they come now, although wouldnt mind betting if they catch wind of the protest they may not stay anywhere near the city

I hope its true as told everyone I know too
p

11th Feb 08 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cosmo, when they took over at Liverpool was you for or against them, it seems all they have caused is a load of hassle to the football club and it's reputation.......

I mean people slag our owner off but.......
Cosmo

11th Feb 08 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsadee
Cosmo, when they took over at Liverpool was you for or against them, it seems all they have caused is a load of hassle to the football club and it's reputation.......

I was for them, as were atleast 95% of the fans. Mainly due to the quick nature they took over and the seemingly low amount of hassle the put on the club at the time. They also made all the right noises with not putting debt on the club, saying they want a total review of the stadium plans, wanted to invest in the playing squad, etc. etc.

And to be fair, they have done some good stuff such as get planning for a great stadium, aswell as provide SOME cash (no more than under the previous owner in real terms though). But they have done a lot of bad stuff and totally lost the favour and confidence of the fans now.
p

11th Feb 08 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh ok, just my Liverpool mate is pretty fed up with it all, they didn't back the manager, spoke to Jurgen behind the managers back, didn't allow rafa the transfers he really wanted in January, a couple of bosman players apprently, and taking ages over the Mascherano deal..

Just seems from the outside in things are a little bit messed up.
Cosmo

11th Feb 08 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Oh ok, just my Liverpool mate is pretty fed up with it all, they didn't back the manager, spoke to Jurgen behind the managers back, didn't allow rafa the transfers he really wanted in January, a couple of bosman players apprently, and taking ages over the Mascherano deal..

Just seems from the outside in things are a little bit messed up.

They are messed up, no doubt about it.

From what Ive heard, things have been sour between Hicks and Rafa since just after the CL final where he came out and said G&H werent acting as quick as they need to be, and need to put up the money if they want us to take the next step. Since then Hicks has wanted rid of Rafa, where as Gillett is a fan of his and stopped any move to get rid of him.

And since then Rafa has been bringing things to the surface at every opportunity as he knows Hicks is trying to milk the club.
p

11th Feb 08 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah doesn't seem a great moment for your club, i'm sure things will get sorted soon enough, the summer will be interesting though
Cosmo

11th Feb 08 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Yeah doesn't seem a great moment for your club, i'm sure things will get sorted soon enough, the summer will be interesting though

Its been a very bad time for us, and its no coincidence (although its also no excuse IMO) that we were top of the league or there abouts when this shit came out in November, and since then we havent been out the papers and our results have plummeted.
p

11th Feb 08 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:

Its been a very bad time for us, and its no coincidence (although its also no excuse IMO) that we were top of the league or there abouts when this shit came out in November, and since then we havent been out the papers and our results have plummeted.

Yeah not good not good, obviously as a Chelsea fan I do find some of this funny as you may expect

But as I say earlier i'm sure it will get sorted soon enough, it's just all well strange.
Cosmo

11th Feb 08 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Yeah not good not good, obviously as a Chelsea fan I do find some of this funny as you may expect

But as I say earlier i'm sure it will get sorted soon enough, it's just all well strange.

I dont blame you for finding it funny TBH, its a total and utter farce, and thats something Liverpool has always kept out the papers. But to have the club in it every week is just beyond a joke now.
p

11th Feb 08 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:

I dont blame you for finding it funny TBH, its a total and utter farce, and thats something Liverpool has always kept out the papers. But to have the club in it every week is just beyond a joke now.

Now you know how I felt.............
Marc

11th Feb 08 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, at least Rafa is concentrating on coaching and training his team
Cosmo

11th Feb 08 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Well, at least Rafa is concentrating on coaching and training his team

Apparently thats why he came out with all that, as he knew about them having spoken to Klinsmann, and about Hicks wanting to put the debt on the club, etc. etc. so wanted to bring it out to the lime light!
Tom

11th Feb 08 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hope it's all sorted soon and hope DIC behave in a better manner if they end up taking iver completely.

I would be interested to see what kind of backing rafa will get and how much cash
Cosmo

11th Feb 08 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd imagine they'd firstly want to take another look at the stadium, as 70k may not match what they want to be aiming for. I'd hope they give him the backing he needs, but dont want a blank cheque situation like Chelsea had tbh.
Tom

11th Feb 08 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would assume we would see the twenteenth new design or re-work first also. But agreed don't want us branding as a money no object club.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Gillett sells his 50% to DIC 23 database queries in 0.0116260 seconds