corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » flame red corsa 1.2 project UPDATE 19/5/08

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author flame red corsa 1.2 project UPDATE 19/5/08
Neil Dagens

User status: Offline
12th Feb 08 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Decided id redo my project thread and start from the beginning.

I was given the car by my mum and dad for my 17th birthday, it had belonged to my mum but i always wanted for when i could drive. Past my test in october 07 but did nothing to it except for a new stereo and speakers.

then things got bad. i decided i wanted to do my car up a bit. so the first thing i decided to buy was some lexus lights
: at the same time i bought some team dynamics 100+ sword 8 alloys off of ebay, all in good condition. at this time i thought my car looked good

it stayed like this for a while until i started coming on here. this was when i decided to remove the lexus lights and replace them with standards. i personally think it looked a lot better and a lot less chav (which im not btw)

then i began to learn about new options i could take onto my car. the main purchase was a post 97 bumper and badgeless grill and i also bought a punto wiper. I really wanted to get it lowered but i couldnt afford it.

i also bought a gsi spiler off ebay for £10. i took it to work and was recommended to use paint stripper to remove all the existing paint. tbf it did work well and it came off easy, but it did melt it. badly. so that went in the skip.

then in the summer i saw a complete sport interior at a local scrapyard so i snapped that up for £80 and fitted it that day. this completely changed the interior, it was like having a new car!

im still slowly changiong over all the grey plastic.

Then in october i finally bought a lowering kit. i bought a Jamex 60mm springs and shocks kit off ebay for £120, then i had it fitted at protyre in Fareham. I was extremley happy with my car at this point but it was crying out for a gsi spoiler.

So after another trip to the scrapyard i found a spoiler £10. i took it to work again and sanded it all down and got it sprayed. hopefully soon ill be doing my wing mirrors and a new bonnet. i fitted this using sikaflex and lots of tape!

I then decided to buy some new wheels for it. i wanted cesaros or cav gsi wheels, had no luck finding cesaros, but found some cavs on here and bought them off Colinesmith off here. Going to refurbish them soon and maybe go either black or dark grey, not yet decided.

On the lookout for a post 97 rear bumper and depos at the moment, hopefully that will be done before the summer.

Currently looks like this

Cheers for looking

[Edited on 07-03-2008 by Neil Dagens]

[Edited on 04-04-2008 by Neil Dagens]

[Edited on 19-05-2008 by Neil Dagens]
ali_corsa

12th Feb 08 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks good mate, colour coded bumpers would look good as well
16V_1600

12th Feb 08 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice progression mate. Loads better than before.

Good move on the Lexus lights, enough to ruin any car.

Will be watching this thread. Cav GSi's would look awesome in black
Neil Dagens

12th Feb 08 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers mate. yeah tehy lexus lights were a pretty big mistake. only had them on for 2 months. worst things ive ever bought!

little_duke

12th Feb 08 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i like that alot,subtle changes have brought it a long way
richc

12th Feb 08 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont colour code the bumpers unless post 97. I like looks good as it is. I would leave it at that!
little_duke

12th Feb 08 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

white wheels

16V_1600

13th Feb 08 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by little_duke
white wheels

Neil Dagens

25th Feb 08 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I decided to remove my rubstrips at the weekend, but ive had a few problems. When the strips were off, i noticed lots of small bubbles where they used to be. When i washed the car all the tops of the bubbles came off, so i now have a faded line where they used to be, and small white dots too. ill get some pics up tomoro of the marks.

at the moment i think the best idea would be to buy new rub strips and spray them red, or source some genuine pre 97 sport items.

and the wheels still need to be re done, but should look like this very soon.

hopefully

Photoshop

[Edited on 25-02-2008 by Neil Dagens]
olliejones8

25th Feb 08 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Liking the progress matey, love nice clean Flame Red 3drs,

Its my 21st this weekend so got a few days off, so im going to sort my insurance and start fitting my new bits and pieces
16V_1600

25th Feb 08 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DaveB

25th Feb 08 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks cool that. Front camber looks quite serious though?
Lukesnova

25th Feb 08 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks nice on gsi2000 wheels in black
Neil Dagens

25th Feb 08 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveB
looks cool that. Front camber looks quite serious though?

that future pic is just a photoshop. thats what i aim to get it looking like in time for PVS, all going well, and money being alrite
Neil Dagens

7th Mar 08 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quite a bit has happened to the car over the last few weeks. Firstly, i tried to remove the side strips, but im now going to replace them with colour coded items some time next week.

i also fitted some smoked astra g side repeaters, which i bought off ebay, look a lot better than the ones i had before.

i also managed to snap my front bumper off last weekend reversing off a kerb, and as there were no post 97 ones at the scrapyard im back to a pre 97 for now until i can find a new one.

ive also removed the cav wheels, they were taken off the tyre today and are getting shot blasted at work tommorow, then sprayed at work next week gloss black. Im using 800 series paint so they need at least 7 days before they can have the tyre put back on

also bought most of the remaining black plastic i have left to fit in the interior along with new carpet, off of Abdus so if the weathers ok that wil all be fitted on sunday

and getting a new ripspeed dvd player fitted tomorow with touch screen and i pod cable as the one i got for my 18th last year wouldnt ejct cds, and they dont repair them. £100 cheaper too! so got the extra cash back

pictures will be added when everythings done

cheers

[Edited on 07-03-2008 by Neil Dagens]
Ste L

7th Mar 08 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

need's a post 97 rear bumper too

keep the bumpers grey, loook mint
Neil Dagens

7th Mar 08 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah im looking at getting front and rear, never managed to find a rear before, may also get new arches
16V_1600

7th Mar 08 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks nice mate, can't wait to see what it looks like with the gsi's on in black. I'm tempted to put black post 97s on my sport, I just think black plastic bumpers on Corsas look better than the painted ones.
MJ

29th Mar 08 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

saw this today looked very nice and clean
Neil Dagens

4th Apr 08 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Today i fitted my new post 97 rear bumper which i bought off adam-d , after it finally got here after about 2 weeks where parcel force lost it! but it came yesterday and decided id fit it today seeing as the weather was nice. it looks much smoother now and once ive got some new mudflaps and punto rear wiper it shuld look pretty good.

ive also sorted out a new post 97 front bumper to replace the one i snapped.

i also fitted most of the black plastics i needed in the car last weekend. The boot is complete, so are al the door sills, i just need handles, dash, gear stick surround and under dash tray to finish. also fitted a few richbrook goodies i got for xmas, including gear knob, tax disc holder, door pins and handbrake gaitor.

i should also have my cav slabs back within the next few weeks! cant wait! im not too keen on the wheels i have on atm.

Tommorow im giving it a service too to keep it healthy.

cheers

[Edited on 04-04-2008 by Neil Dagens]
Neil Dagens

28th Apr 08 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Finally got my cav gsi wheels fitted on friday i think they look much better than they did before and im really pleased with how theyve turned out. id have liked to have got brand new 195/45s on them but i cant afford it at the moment, so ill wait until these are worn. I also managed to get a post 97 front bumper on sunday from my local scrapyard to replace the one i snapped off. So today i gave it a quick wash and polish seeing as it was nice.

Opinions and ideas???

[Edited on 28-04-2008 by Neil Dagens]
mikenoncorsa

28th Apr 08 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

imo, get rid of the rear wiper and depos, would look ace. Possibly SA rear lights??

Looks good tho like that
16V_1600

28th Apr 08 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Top job mate, wheels look
flybikeslee

28th Apr 08 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

much better than the old lexus the best of us did it
Adam-D

29th Apr 08 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

glad the bumper is ok, its seen more milage off a car than it has fitted to one,

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » flame red corsa 1.2 project UPDATE 19/5/08 23 database queries in 0.0169790 seconds