corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Considering ridding the B and getting a Corsa C

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Considering ridding the B and getting a Corsa C
Adam C
Premium Member

User status: Offline
30th Mar 08 at 22:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For a while now I have been considering getting a new Car, I turned 18 last week and am soon to reiceve my inheritence which I have been left, when my sister got her inheritence she did the same and went and bought a new car so its always been on my mind to do it, but Im not 100% sure If I want to/ Need to.

Been thinking about a few cars but a Corsa C seems to be my final choice.
Have done a few insurance qoutes on a Corsa C SRi 1.8 for when I get my 1 years NCB and they have worked out better than expected so I am starting to look around at Corsa C's to get some idea's.

It would be the SRi Im going for, just wondered if they came with leather as an option, or was that only available with the exclusive C.

Also can people post some Pics of Corsa C's so I can get some idea's plan's.

Cheers

My Arden Blue Astra GSi MK4 on BBS LM's Project Thread
flybikeslee

30th Mar 08 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

black corsa c on white wheels, lowered a tad
Ben G

30th Mar 08 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

definitely upgrade, you'll only regret spending the inheritence money on the b, which you won't see any more for when you come to sell.

or invest it.
JonnyJ

30th Mar 08 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Personally with inheritance money id put towards a deposit for a house but its your money so its up to you mate.

I couldn't justify spending a fair whack on a corsa c tbh though when you have a nice looking car already
jr

30th Mar 08 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

agree totally with Jonny
ChazSXi

30th Mar 08 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=421645 lots of pics from our meet today.all diff variations, engine sizes and both pre and post facelift sri's(mines the pre 1.8 with airdam!)

sxi+ come with laf leather...leather was an option in sri but not that common
Adam C
Premium Member

30th Mar 08 at 22:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
definitely upgrade, you'll only regret spending the inheritence money on the b, which you won't see any more for when you come to sell.

Thats what I thought, Was going to sort the interior out and and book it in at a bodyshop, but thought it would be better spending the money on a newer car.
I will miss the Green B but I think I will love the feel of a newer car, and will have more power than my 1.0

Martin_C

30th Mar 08 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

speaking from experience i'd keep the corsa b, and as other folk said, put it towards a house, or put it away until you can afford a bigger and faster car when you can afford the insurance etc. your b is nice anyway!

[Edited on 30-03-2008 by Martin_C]
Adam C
Premium Member

30th Mar 08 at 22:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

JonnyJ - Its always been the plan to buy a newer car then leave the rest for something for the future, like a house etc.

ChezSXi - was nosing through that thread earlier, some really nice cars there, its what sort of gave me the push to decide on a C.

Mark.W

30th Mar 08 at 22:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how many miles do you drive mate?im in the same boat,im saving up for a C 1.8 sri but i dont think ill buy one until i really need to because i only drive 3 miles to work and 3 miles back and seem a bit silly payin all that money for the amount of traveling i do.

so im thinking of doin a few simple mods to mine to keep me happy with it for now and will buy the 1.8 sri when i think im really ready for it.

why not get an engine conversion?it wont use much of ya inheritence money

at the end of the day im a cruiser not a racer but everyone is different
Adam C
Premium Member

30th Mar 08 at 22:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Martin_C
speaking from experience i'd keep the corsa b, and as other folk said, put it towards a house, or put it away until you can afford a bigger and faster car when you can afford the insurance etc. your b is nice anyway!

[Edited on 30-03-2008 by Martin_C]

Thanks

Im also thinking and have been told by some of the people I know to save it towards something more important, or If i do want a new car, wait a few years, build up some more driving experience and NCB and buy something with a better spec.
Theres nothing wrong with the Corsa B I own mechanically, its low mileage and do like to think I have taken care of it since I have owned it.

Like I've said Im not 100% on the idea, hence the thread

Ben G

30th Mar 08 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like you're getting a fair few bob
SAL
Premium Member

30th Mar 08 at 23:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there ok
Martin_C

30th Mar 08 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its just i've had 2 modified corsa c's, spent probably over £15,000 in mods for them alone, and where did it leave me...nowhere, apart from wishing i'd saved the 15k, had a nice wee tidy corsa on some nice wheels for a few years, and saved up for something decent now in life.

for instance, i bought an astra gsi for 14k, sold it 6 months later for 11k. its just not worth it, save save save, and when you're older and slightly more sensible, either spend it on a deposit for a house/flat (shagging is more appealing than cars, and you need a shagging pad), or throw it at a nice big rwd turbo jap monster!

or just blow it on whores.
Mark.W

30th Mar 08 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Martin_C
its just i've had 2 modified corsa c's, spent probably over £15,000 in mods for them alone, and where did it leave me...nowhere, apart from wishing i'd saved the 15k, had a nice wee tidy corsa on some nice wheels for a few years, and saved up for something decent now in life.

for instance, i bought an astra gsi for 14k, sold it 6 months later for 11k. its just not worth it, save save save, and when you're older and slightly more sensible, either spend it on a deposit for a house/flat (shagging is more appealing than cars, and you need a shagging pad), or throw it at a nice big rwd turbo jap monster!

or just blow it on whores.

Adam C
Premium Member

30th Mar 08 at 23:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by wooly101uk
how many miles do you drive mate?im in the same boat,im saving up for a C 1.8 sri but i dont think ill buy one until i really need to because i only drive 3 miles to work and 3 miles back and seem a bit silly payin all that money for the amount of traveling i do.

so im thinking of doin a few simple mods to mine to keep me happy with it for now and will buy the 1.8 sri when i think im really ready for it.

why not get an engine conversion?it wont use much of ya inheritence money

at the end of the day im a cruiser not a racer but everyone is different

Im sure your my twin

Im in the exactly the same boat as you mate.
Im not really power hungry, but the struggling up hills gets to me after a while, and the 1.0 engine does have to work hard to get places.
Hence why Im considering an engine conversion, my Old Man has done a few before so I have his help and advice if I do go for it.

I won't be spending loads more money on mine If I kept it, but basically doing a few more bits to it to tidy it up and finish it off.

Im the same as you mate, cruiser not a 'racer', but like I say the 1.0 has to work hard to get places I find, so a bigger engine makes sense in that aspect.

JonnyJ

30th Mar 08 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to say i wasnt interested in speed. 2 Years later and thats all i want

[Edited on 30-03-2008 by JonnyJ]
SAL
Premium Member

30th Mar 08 at 23:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

corsa C's have lost all there major value now, you can get a mint 04 sri for around 5k. They look tidy on a set of eibach's and a few little thing's.
ChazSXi

30th Mar 08 at 23:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stavs
corsa C's have lost all there major value now, you can get a mint 04 sri for around 5k. They look tidy on a set of eibach's and a few little thing's.

if ur lucky u can pick em up for peanuts

u can get pre facelift sri 1.4's for 2.5k now!
SAL
Premium Member

30th Mar 08 at 23:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ChazSXi
quote:

if ur lucky u can pick em up for peanuts

u can get pre facelift sri 1.4's for 2.5k now!

the 03/04 1.8 sri's with low millage seem to be holding out at 5k +

but yer shop around like chaz did and you could find a bargain
Mark.W

30th Mar 08 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yours maybe only a 1.0 but it will still be quicker than my 1.2 8v :lol

i think if you slapped a 1.6 in mate you would be very happy with it,as for me im not a lucky as you im really the only one in my house that owns a car and i dont have anyone to help me do a conversion so if i did get one i would have to pay someone over £1000 to doi it
Adam C
Premium Member

30th Mar 08 at 23:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

JonnyJ - Yea I can Imagine that happening with myself tbh, I say engine doesn't bother me now but I always hear people saying that they will eventually get bored with there car after they get used to it.

wooly- I think a 1.6 conversion would finish the car off nicely for a while, Im not massively mechanically minded, but Im always up for doing any job, and it helps to have a Dad that is in the trade to help

SAL
Premium Member

30th Mar 08 at 23:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

go and test drive a 1.8 C before thinking about doing the 1.6 conversion
ChazSXi

30th Mar 08 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/387613.htm##

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/388396.htm

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/390593.htm

Adam C
Premium Member

30th Mar 08 at 23:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
go and test drive a 1.8 C before thinking about doing the 1.6 conversion

I have a mate who owns a C Sri and another who owns a 1.6 Sport so Im sorted

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Considering ridding the B and getting a Corsa C 23 database queries in 0.0188260 seconds