corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » losing weight/ toning up

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author losing weight/ toning up
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

User status: Offline
9th Apr 08 at 18:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got 4 weeks to lose weight / tone up a bit

any good ways of doing this? i'm 12 stone now want to be 11-11.5

want to tone abs pecs and biceps

Marc

9th Apr 08 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jogging, swimming and cycling.

Aim for around 2500 calories a day.

Cut out the crap, if you do eat it that is!
RyanSxi

9th Apr 08 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not really gona be alot of difference,but if you do some cardio/weights and eat clean then thats your best chance
p

9th Apr 08 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc

Aim for losing that amount of carbs or eating that amount
Marc

9th Apr 08 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who mentioned carbs?
p

9th Apr 08 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Who mentioned carbs?

calories i ment, duno why i said carbs, like the word :s
Marc

9th Apr 08 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, he should aim for eating that amount approx.

A lot of what you eat is common sense, ie going to the pizza shop isn' going to help him achieve his goal. Regular excercise, be it what I said or even football with that intake should help him.
p

9th Apr 08 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Yes, he should aim for eating that amount approx.

A lot of what you eat is common sense, ie going to the pizza shop isn' going to help him achieve his goal. Regular excercise, be it what I said or even football with that intake should help him.

exellent, lets hope he can do that so he can do what he wants.
Marc

9th Apr 08 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes.
jmucorsasport

9th Apr 08 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

2500 Cal, way too much, if you havent been doing any exercise and had a less than good diet for a while this is WAY too much. Your metabolic rate will prob be around 1800-2000 cal/day tops, this is what your bosy burns burns per day, i would aim to eat no more than 2000. Do a combination of cardio and weights, full body workout on resistance machines at least 3 x per wk as well as at last 30 mins cardio and you should see some results in 4 wks.
smack

9th Apr 08 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh if you want to loose weight do cardio as marc said, swimming, running , cycleing - all fantastic for it.
eat fresh food, no junk at all icluding chocolate etc

would stay away from weightlifting etc imo, its going to slow down weight loss if anything
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

10th Apr 08 at 07:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

been eating on average 1800 cals a day
i have a few beers at the weekend also

i play 90mins of football week.
only been lifting small weights and doing 80 sit ups too

starting to run and cycle every day i can now off for 6 miles on the bike now
AdZ9

10th Apr 08 at 08:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by smack
would stay away from weightlifting etc imo, its going to slow down weight loss if anything

well thats absolute bullshit.

I get so fucked off reading threads where people give advice and clearly know fuck all about it, no wonder people never reach their goals if they take that advice!

You want to lose 7lbs in 4 weeks, yes its achieveable as the recommended healthy amount to lose per week is 1-2lbs. 3500 calories = 1lb so in a week you need to have burnt 7000 calories through exercise and diet.
Early morning fasted Cardio work is good if you do it before breakfast at a steady state (so your just sweating and can kind of hold a conversation) for around 45min. If you aren't an early person like me then you can do it in the evenings as it doesn't matter to much when you do it aslong as you make sure you do it! Have you heard of HIIT cardio? Thats proven to burn more fat and raise metabolism than steady CV, plus its half the time as well! Search google for HIIT if you want to know more.

Do weight training 3 times a week say Mon/Wed/Fri for example. Do a full body routine each day (you don't need to do massive amounts of weights, just make sure its tiring for you). Go onto muscletalk.co.uk forums and look in the Training Routines or Beginners section for more information. Weight training doesn't burn alot of calories (not as much as CV anyway) but it boosts your metabolism and helps your body keep burning fat, more muscle you have, faster your metabolism.

Eat 5/6 small meals a day every 3 hours max to keep your body working and metabolism going. If you leave big gaps inbetween meals then your metabolism slows/stops and your body starts saving everything as it thinks its conserving energy or starving. I'd recommend about 1800-2000 calories a day (could be more depending on your stats) so thats like 5x400 calorie meals a day. Examples of meals around that amount can be found here: http://www.diet-blog.com/archives/2007/04/26/what_do_300_calorie_meals_look_like.php (granted they state 300 calorie meals, but you get the picture)

Write down your goals, short term ones not just 'lose weight' for example, Week 1 by the end you should weight 11stone 12, end of week 2 11 stone 10, end of week 3 11 stone 8, end of week 4 11 stone 6 etc. That way when you meet the goals you keep the motivation up.
Don't weigh yourself everyday, do it once a week at the same time (i like to do mine monday mornings upon waking) and that way you'll keep an accurate weight loss record.
AdZ9

10th Apr 08 at 08:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh and also just to remind you, you can't just "tone up" specific body parts, your body likes to grow/work in proportion so making sure you do full body workouts will keep your body growing.

Don't be a bicep boy in the gym and swing around weights too heavy for you and try and do 50 reps with them, it just won't work
A1EX

10th Apr 08 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we have guy like that, call him swinger, he walks in no warm up stretching picks up 25kg dumbells and swings those babies, its funny
Edd

10th Apr 08 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham

starting to run and cycle every day i can now off for 6 miles on the bike now

mark i wouldnt cycle if you are a keen footballer my P.E teacher always told me cycling tightened your achilles iirc and made it more prone to injuries

of course he could have been talking shite plus his name was ralph
RyanSxi

10th Apr 08 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never heard this before about cyclig? Id be very suprised if it was true mind.

Edd

10th Apr 08 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ralph always did have a tendency to talk shit tbh probably told me this so i didnt use the schools bike machines
RyanSxi

10th Apr 08 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ralph

A lad I play 5 a side with tonight is the P.E. teacher at my old school. I will ask him if this is P.E. teacher talk
smack

10th Apr 08 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

adz does musel not weight anything then when weightlifting.
i just preseummed weightlifting in the short run is going to slow weight loss down.
i know that lifting weights in the long run may help but surley building up musel is building up weight?
AdZ9

10th Apr 08 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes but people use the term "losing weight" when they actually mean they want to lose fat, its a common misconception that people think oh yeh if i lose weight then i'll lose fat.

You could lose half a stone or a stone and still be/look fat. You need to lose the fat, not the weight. Women can do fad diets and shit as they dont have much muscle mass, but for guys then you need to weight train and cardio and eat well so you have a physique with low body fat.
AdZ9

10th Apr 08 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

P.S - no weight lifting won't slow weight loss down, iViark could lose half a stone and still feel/look fat, where as if he did it properly and lost say 6lbs of fat and 2lbs of muscle he could see a small difference.

If you just mainly lose weight and not train or diet then you'll just be a smaller/lighter version of your original self, until you go so low you look ill and anorexic
corsa5dr

10th Apr 08 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Adz9 speaks sense. Ignore the rest of the post TBH
Marc

10th Apr 08 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theres so much shit and bad advice given on here its unreal. I'll leave you all to it!
AdZ9

11th Apr 08 at 08:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Marc, 2500 calories to lose weight/cut could be correct but it all depends on stats, without knowing his stats to work out his BMR/RMR then you can't gauge his calories, however 2000 is usually the given amount for an average man.

I just hope your post wasn't referring to my information.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » losing weight/ toning up 23 database queries in 0.0164630 seconds