corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Calzaghe vs Hopkins

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Calzaghe vs Hopkins
johnhara1

User status: Offline
15th Apr 08 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Saturday 19th April
10.30pm
Setanta 1

Calzaghe to WIN
Tom

15th Apr 08 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I reckon calzaghe will win, he'll just have too much pace for him. Hopkins was on inside sport last night mind (steve bunce was about round london then new york with him) and he was a really nice bloke
Conway563

15th Apr 08 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think Calzaghe should win but I can see it going the distance and that's not gonna help him IMO
Hammer

15th Apr 08 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tough one am i right in saying Calzaghe's had to add 7lb's to his fighting weight to be able to fight? If so that's got to slow him down a good bit!
Tom

15th Apr 08 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hopkins is 43 iirc though.
Conway563

15th Apr 08 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
Tough one am i right in saying Calzaghe's had to add 7lb's to his fighting weight to be able to fight? If so that's got to slow him down a good bit!

He has added weight but he was always quite a big super middleweight anyway. He's been saying the extra weight has given him more power though and is hitting harder than he ever has
22B

15th Apr 08 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Calzaghe will actually be better at light heavy, he said he struggles to cut down when fighting at supermiddle weight, he doesnt feel as sharp and focused, so make of that what you will.
Hammer

15th Apr 08 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I stand corrected then, hope he wins anyway always went about his business in an extremely dignified manner in what is an ego-centrical industry!
johnhara1

15th Apr 08 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree /\
22B

15th Apr 08 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Hopkins is 43 iirc though.

yep spot on, Im not sure which way the fights going to go. Calzaghe as good as he is had never really been tested by any1 with a resume like BHOP. Calzaghe has an amazing workrate compared to Hopkins, but Hopkins ring tactics are second to none which will make the fight interesting. I hope Calzaghe comes through to win and show that he is capable of taking on the best.
Edd

15th Apr 08 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Conway563
quote:

He has added weight but he was always quite a big super middleweight anyway. He's been saying the extra weight has given him more power though and is hitting harder than he ever has

so was hatton

i can see another british failure
22B

15th Apr 08 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Edd
quote:
Originally posted by Conway563
quote:

so was hatton

i can see another british failure

Hatton was never a genuine 147 fighter, In his previous fights at 147 he struggled big time. 140 is a different story as he is able to bully his oppenents but comparing Calzaghae and Hatton is like chalk and cheese one has excellent boxing skills the other is just a good brawler.
Edd

15th Apr 08 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

b-hop will be too streetwise
Hammer

15th Apr 08 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

RACIST
RyanSxi

15th Apr 08 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Didnt Hopkins say he would never allow himself to be beaten by white trash?
Hammer

15th Apr 08 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yip also RACIST
Edd

15th Apr 08 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
RACIST

MoesTavern

15th Apr 08 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't really see what Cazaghe is playing at taking this fight, if he wants to cement his 'legacy' he needs to fight someone who isn't over the hill, taking on Hopkins seems like a backward step to me.
smack

15th Apr 08 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

calzaghe in theroy wins by UD.
b-hop is a smart and very dirty fighter, all it takes a good head butt early on and could be over for Joe, He cuts easy and the ref could go on to stop it.
But joe should be alright on the night, if he can get into a good rythem without hopkins throwing him off it.

after calzaghe wins this (if he does) needs and most likley will go onto fight Pavlik , and then mabe Jones jr as his final reteriment fight.

Audley harrison is fighting on the undercard too = LOL

also im almost sure of the fight wont be on till like 3am due to it being in las vegas

[Edited on 15-04-2008 by smack]
22B

15th Apr 08 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MoesTavern
Don't really see what Cazaghe is playing at taking this fight, if he wants to cement his 'legacy' he needs to fight someone who isn't over the hill, taking on Hopkins seems like a backward step to me.

who should he fight? hes cleaned up the SMW division, so the obvious move is to take on the top light heavy. I agree it seems a backwards step but there really are no other fights on the table. After the Hopkins fight (if he wins) he could go on to fight pavlik, although there are mentions of a fight with Roy Jones Jnr, which seems pointless to me.
22B

15th Apr 08 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by smack
calzaghe in theroy wins by UD.
b-hop is a smart and very dirty fighter, all it takes a good head butt early on and could be over for Joe, He cuts easy and the ref could go on to stop it.
But joe should be alright on the night, if he can get into a good rythem without hopkins throwing him off it.

after calzaghe wins this (if he does) needs and most likley will go onto fight Pavlik , and then mabe Jones jr as his final reteriment fight.

Audley harrison is fighting on the undercard too = LOL

also im almost sure of the fight wont be on till like 3am due to it being in las vegas

[Edited on 15-04-2008 by smack]

lol we posted pretty much the same things at the same time
strick206

15th Apr 08 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Calzaghe FTW

Even more so after hopkins with his racist comment the fucking coon
Hammer

15th Apr 08 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by strick206
the fucking coon

MoesTavern

15th Apr 08 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by strick206
Calzaghe FTW

Even more so after hopkins with his racist comment the fucking coon

Banned.gif

Seriously though it's a fair point that Joe's options are limited, problem is time is running out for him, to be having his first fight in the US at his age is laughable, Frank Warren has a lot to answer for with his protection of Joe's record, he's undefeated but who has he fought? now we'll never know how great he could have been.
smack

15th Apr 08 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not really, Jones jr was sceduled to fight clazahge sereral years ago but pussyed out "due to money". Back 5 - 10 years ago there wernt many fights who would match with him, In this case it isent warren to blame ( i know warrens a fraued and likes to build up a fighter, However its a bit differnt with calzaghe)
kessler , and lacy were not shite

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Calzaghe vs Hopkins 23 database queries in 0.0139501 seconds