corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Yesterdays Little Reunion (with pics)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Yesterdays Little Reunion (with pics)
jr

User status: Offline
18th May 08 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Long'ish story

Back in 1979 ( i know ) in East London My Dad and his mates all around 20 had various fast fords, Dads beeing a 3.0 S mk1.5 capri, and other stuff like Lotus Twink powered anglia's, and other capri's too

Since i can remember there has allways beeing a picture floating around our house of my dads 3.0 and another capri that was allways reffered to as RON because of its plate, This is How Ralp broadspeed and everyone else rememberd the car too

Looked in a diffrent leage TBH, was much much lower, and just looked 10 times better, known since i can remember that RON, was a broadspeed Bullitt, which on Seven were ever made according to reports

a BB was a conversion carried out by Broadspeed in the mid 70's, which involved turbo charging the essex v6 using a lorry turbo and a clever su carb to take the capri to around 200bhp, which at the time im sure you can imagine was stunning, to put it in perspective, a 3.0 capri was £1500, and a Bullit was £3500, so put it well well above sports cars at the time, and into a diffrent market, and out of the 7 made, they were all diffrent colours

ive heard so so many stories over the years about this car, the races it was involved in, the fact knowone in the area could even touch it, and basically it was a ledgend, and pretty much my "hero" car

in about 80-81 it was sold to a dealer, as knowone could insure it, or had no idea what it was,and after some time my Dads mate was found at his home by police asking if he still owned RON, which he replied no, only to be told it had been involved in a bank job, and was used a getaway car down the M11, after the robbers had used Rover sd1's to ramraid the bank transferred everything into this to outrun the police

he was told it had been hit off the road, and was a total loss, so that was the end and a car i had only heard stories about was dead as far as i was concerned

Fast Forwards to Last week, and about 5 miles from where the story started in East London/Essex, and my dad, in slight disbelife had RON drive past him the day after i had been talking to him about finding the picture of the 2 cars together

the luckyiest Google Wack in the world, on the top link on the first page bought up some contact details of a club, and a few calls later, this happend yesterdays, with my dad and his best mate from years ago seeing it again and the car ive always wanted despite never seeing it

Just to give you an idea

It was stopped by the Police so so many times
did "at least 2" Essex to cambridge m11 runs at 140mph
been involved in a bank job
Broken down loads
Blown so many head gaskets
Stolen

list goes on, and i need one

[Edited on 18-05-2008 by jr]

jr

18th May 08 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the car is a total credit to its owner Peter, who saw the car in 1981 at 17 iirc, and didnt belive it was a turbo, so slid underneth to check

he said then, 27 years ago, he would own THIS car, and 6 years later he bought it, and then restored it to a show winning car
gavin18787
Premium Member

18th May 08 at 10:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so it just drove past him? Brilliant

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
jr

18th May 08 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, about 5 miles from where they all used to live, and we had been talking about it

the first page on google bought up a picture, and the contact details of the club it belongs to

hearing more stuff yesterday made me relaise how special this car is, and like i say at the time, pretty much untouchable

Mobby

18th May 08 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks a minter

bank job
--DAN--

18th May 08 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome machine

Also a great story
ed

18th May 08 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's such a cool story, and such a cool car
c20let

18th May 08 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that car is awesome
mattk

18th May 08 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a 106 GTi would own it these days

Nahh that car sums up the essex image perfectly imo boy racers in fast fords....

love the paint job on it, and is it as clean underneath as I like to think it is? that car is just plain cool!

[Edited on 18-05-2008 by mattk]
Whittie

18th May 08 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wicked Story, what would it be worth now James?

av it

18th May 08 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

EXCELLENT MATE
Nick-S

18th May 08 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as fuck. Wish i had storys like that to tell.
jr

18th May 08 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattk
a 106 GTi would own it these days

Nahh that car sums up the essex image perfectly imo boy racers in fast fords....

love the paint job on it, and is it as clean underneath as I like to think it is? that car is just plain cool!

[Edited on 18-05-2008 by mattk]

tis mint
mattk

18th May 08 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

class the Ford boys do things properly dont they
jr

18th May 08 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Whittie
Wicked Story, what would it be worth now James?

no idea, as only 6 exsist, and rarely up for sale
Mattb

18th May 08 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love it.. fantastic story to it aswell, was the current owner aware of its history?
John G

18th May 08 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Now thats a story!

Definetly meant to be re-united if he just drove past him, so has this current owner been buiding it all these years? Is it down as a category c or anything?

Bet you dad was sad to leave once he had seen it again?

Does it look any different to when he had it, engine wise or colour scheme?
jr

18th May 08 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah sort of matt, but hes writte everything down, he has all the old v5's when my dads mate bought it in 78ish too, which was weird

John, yeah first time they have both seen it in 29 years, both strage for them, as Len owned it, and my dad worked on it alot

not down as a cat iirc

colour are the same, but when they had it, it had a cloth interior, and no rear bumper, and the blue was lighter

now it is 100% how it would have come out of the factory
John G

18th May 08 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
yeah sort of matt, but hes writte everything down, he has all the old v5's when my dads mate bought it in 78ish too, which was weird

John, yeah first time they have both seen it in 29 years, both strage for them, as Len owned it, and my dad worked on it alot

not down as a cat iirc

colour are the same, but when they had it, it had a cloth interior, and no rear bumper, and the blue was lighter

Things like this just dont happen anymore

Money was not on the tipcs of your fingers 29 years ago so to build a manchine like that in the 1st place is a credit to your dad and his mate, but to see if 29 years later, wow what are the chances.

Bet your dad feels so content. will you see it locally on a regular basis now?
j10E W

18th May 08 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wow nice story james

can really respect stuff like this amazing
jr

18th May 08 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John G
quote:
Originally posted by jr

not down as a cat iirc

Things like this just dont happen anymore

Money was not on the tipcs of your fingers 29 years ago so to build a manchine like that in the 1st place is a credit to your dad and his mate, but to see if 29 years later, wow what are the chances.

Bet your dad feels so content. will you see it locally on a regular basis now?

hopefully, said i'll meet up at classic ford with the owner, and try and get him to the oldskoolford meets

yeah like you say, that cash just wasnt about at that time, so this was even more special
John G

18th May 08 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
hopefully, said i'll meet up at classic ford with the owner, and try and get him to the oldskoolford meets

yeah like you say, that cash just wasnt about at that time, so this was even more special

Couldnt agree more.

Hope you dont mind, but iv pasted your 1st post to my local sight as just think its a great little story.
Linch

18th May 08 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That has to be one of the most interesting cars Iv seen on the internet so far, What a story to follow it, if it went from a "total loss" to that how much was spent getting it back to that condition
jr

18th May 08 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John G
quote:
Originally posted by jr

Couldnt agree more.

Hope you dont mind, but iv pasted your 1st post to my local sight as just think its a great little story.

link me john
Colin

18th May 08 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did your old man not attempt to offer to buy it back?

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Yesterdays Little Reunion (with pics) 23 database queries in 0.0151539 seconds