corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Gym Day: Ryan's Progress :)

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Gym Day: Ryan's Progress :)
RyanSxi

User status: Offline
8th Jul 08 at 08:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thought I'd make a thread to keep an eye on how far im running etc and for any sort of gym chat

Went last night for the second time and managed the following:

10 mins excercise bike
5 mins rowing machine
20 mins treadmill (managed 2.25 miles)
10 mins excercise bike
10 mins rowing machine (1750m in about 10 mins (spent about 1 min a t end dead tho lol))
5 mins cross trainer

was dead afterwards

Gonna start going every monday and friday. Also this Friday sinc eit will be alot quieter will have a wander round and dabble with some weights

[Edited on 09-07-2008 by RyanSxi]
AdZ9

8th Jul 08 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To keep motivated, note down how far you went in that time limit

say you did 8k on rower in 10min, try and do more than 8k the next time in 10min etc.

Otherwise you'll get bored and stop quickly
Danny P

8th Jul 08 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agree with that Adz

Ju started the gym again, been back for about 3 weeks now. Was started to get bored as I go on my own so have nobody to push me but i've started writting down how far I run/row/cycle etc & how much I can lift.

Going to try improve on the run/row/cycle each time & I go & try lift a bit more every week or so.

Least then I can push myself to be better/fitter than my old self
RyanSxi

9th Jul 08 at 08:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh I think I can remember some stuff so will edit my 1st post. Got 2 mates coming this week so will make sure I go on Friday.

Really enjoy pushing myself especially on the treadmill. Never been a good runner before.
Xs

9th Jul 08 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AdZ9

say you did 8k on rower in 10min, try and do more than 8k the next time in 10min etc.

8k in 10 mins?!? Thats like olympic times is it not?
Danny P

9th Jul 08 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This it was just an example
AdZ9

9th Jul 08 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Xs
quote:
Originally posted by AdZ9

8k in 10 mins?!? Thats like olympic times is it not?

Like Danny P said, it was an example
richardworrall
Premium Member

9th Jul 08 at 20:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RyanSxi
Yeh I think I can remember some stuff so will edit my 1st post. Got 2 mates coming this week so will make sure I go on Friday.

Really enjoy pushing myself especially on the treadmill. Never been a good runner before.

Running on a treadmill is nothing compared to running on the road. You wanna try its, its so much harder and worthwhile.
RyanSxi

10th Jul 08 at 08:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by richardworrall
quote:

Running on a treadmill is nothing compared to running on the road. You wanna try its, its so much harder and worthwhile.

agree 100%. before I started going gym I used to run 1.5 miles on the streets. was always dead after this and took me about 15 mins'ish. prefer treadmill tho as its less painfull on my joints and tracks my progress so keeps me motivated. as its easier on treadmill I tend to do more than the 1.5 mile I could on the road
RyanSxi

12th Jul 08 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went to the gym last night, and did the following:

10 mins bike warmup
10 mins rower (2000m)
20 mins treadmill (2.25 miles)
Then did 2 x 8 on about 10 different weight machines lol. Just to see whats what etc

Also found out the gymis £27.50 a month membership so gonna join up when I get back off holiday. Need a 2 day machine only workout plan if anyone knows of any?
RyanSxi

14th Jul 08 at 09:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Off to the gym tonight. really don't feel like going as im hungover but I will go as im fat
RyanSxi

14th Jul 08 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had a KFC at dinner and my mate isn't going gym tonight. Can feel the motivation going out of me
RyanSxi

15th Jul 08 at 08:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, I got my arse to the gym last need even though I really didn't want to. Ended up having a top workout as below.

5 mins treadmill warmup (bikes were taken)
10 mins bike warmup
about 45 mins of weights, all were arms and really pushed myself
10 mins treadmill (manager 1.21 miles so wasnt too bad)

Wuda done my usual 20 mins but it was getting close to closing as we wended up going so late.

P.S. My arms were well pumped after gym
Kyle T
Premium Member

15th Jul 08 at 09:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Well, I got my arse to the gym last need even though I really didn't want to. Ended up having a top workout as below.

5 mins treadmill warmup (bikes were taken)
10 mins bike warmup
about 45 mins of weights, all were arms and really pushed myself
10 mins treadmill (manager 1.21 miles so wasnt too bad)

Wuda done my usual 20 mins but it was getting close to closing as we wended up going so late.

P.S. My arms were well pumped after gym

I've had to stop running for a while since I hurt my back a bit, but was looking into the nearest Gym which is one of those fancy JJB ones - £40 a month seems a bit scary but would be awesome motivation to actually go and get my moneys worth I suppose

Are you going to bulk up, lose weight, get fit or train for something in particular? I got my general fitness up quite well from running just once a week, and would like to put a bit of timber on since I'm a skinny fucker and is probably part of the reason I'm always hurting my back - hardly any upper body strength it's not even funny!

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
RyanSxi

15th Jul 08 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive got 2 main goals at the moment.

1)Loose alot of fat but add a bit of muscle
2)Fitness

Trying to shape my body alot better an its working really well. Not doing it to get massive or anything but add some muscle.

Mainly though wanting fitness and agaility etc for football as I really enjoy playing even though its only like 5 a side/sunday league.

Don't think I have the commitment to get really bit and muscley, also wouldnt be good for sports being too big.
RyanSxi

15th Jul 08 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just noticed your from yorkshire so you may know lol, but from Doncaster here and The Dome has a gym in it which is £27.50 a month. Think im gonna join that one.
Kyle T
Premium Member

15th Jul 08 at 10:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah cool - it's a bit out of my range though unfortunately. I'm living in Selby now (need to update my profile) and the travel distance would mean I'd spend much more every month anyway, not to mention the added kick to the balls of motivation

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
RyanSxi

15th Jul 08 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I find that having someone come with me gets me extra motivated. Either that or reading bodybuilders.com.

Got 3 mates who are coming now and again so usually each time I go atleast one of them is up for going.
RyanSxi

19th Jul 08 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went to gym last night for an hour or so, very nearly didnt bother but then a mate was going so I made myself go.

Did 5 mins bike then onto the weights. Did about 7 different machines including peck deg, seated row and others Then did 5 mins bike

Must admit im loving doing weights but feel I need a routine else im not gonna progress how i'd like. Also need to start recording things as im pushing the weights up all the time.

Think im lifting rather decent sized weights on the machines to say ive just started. Feeling alot stronger already (probably cos I have an office job so my arms never get to lft anything )

Gonna go on monday then when I get back from holiday get a monthly membership and a routine. Hoping to do atleast 2 if not 3 days a week.
Charlotte

21st Jul 08 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you find it hard at the gym. Ive just joined but ive got to have an induction to get a routine going. I need to lose weight and get a bit of tone going so what machines do what for the body ?
drunkenfool

23rd Jul 08 at 06:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get some body measurements too so you can track weight loss and muscle gain. I really wish I had from when I started!
drunkenfool

23rd Jul 08 at 06:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

although i know ive lost 4" off my waist, which im pleased with 30" now
RyanSxi

23rd Jul 08 at 08:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didn't go on Monday Going on holiday on Friday so ive given up now and going to get back on it when I get back.

Charlotte I love it at the gym. Especially the weights side, love the feeling after doing them and pushing myself. Only problem is I keep itching to stick the weight up every set.

RyanSxi

23rd Jul 08 at 08:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by drunkenfool
although i know ive lost 4" off my waist, which im pleased with 30" now

I've lost atleast 2" maybe even 3" from my waist as my old jeans are baggy as hell now and I can now fit into jeans that I couldn't before.

Also wearing Large t-shirts instead of Xtra Large
AdZ9

23rd Jul 08 at 09:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I didn't go on Monday Going on holiday on Friday so ive given up now and going to get back on it when I get back.

Charlotte I love it at the gym. Especially the weights side, love the feeling after doing them and pushing myself. Only problem is I keep itching to stick the weight up every set.

Thats good upping the weights, just remember NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER sacrifice form for weight. Always have strict form, never use shit form just to lift/push an extra 5kg

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Gym Day: Ryan's Progress :) 24 database queries in 0.0190370 seconds