corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Someone talk my Dad out of a F**king PRUIS

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Someone talk my Dad out of a F**king PRUIS
pow
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   2nd Nov 08 at 18:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Grrrr this is driving me insane.

Hes going on - it's cheap (company car), it's comfy (cos it's american really), he thinks it's going to be powerful enough - coming from a 6 speed 140 2.0 TDI A3... yeah fucking right

Mum and I want him to get something like a Golf 1.9 TDi 105PS DSG (7 speed auto, comfy, cruise control, not ugly as fuck and well known).

I keep saying to him he won't get on with the touch screen (He struggles with his Climate on his A3 now FFS), it'll be always broken so he'll be doing his 150 miles a day in a 1.0 Aygo, It's not a MOTORWAY car, it's a town car, and you can't see a fucking thing out of it.

Anyone had/used one before? Tempted to go and get a test drive without him knowing... see how shit it really is...
Haimsey
Premium Member

2nd Nov 08 at 18:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Language pow

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
pow
Premium Member

2nd Nov 08 at 18:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shhh you... he's driving me insane with it.

It'll do nothing for his image as well... turning up to meetings and shizzle in a TOYOTA PRUIS
Neo

2nd Nov 08 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just lmfao !!
pow
Premium Member

2nd Nov 08 at 18:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not laughing

I'd prefer the barge sat on my drive at the moment

At least I could pack it up with 6 people and go have a rave IN THE CAR
Haimsey
Premium Member

2nd Nov 08 at 18:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Classy

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
pow
Premium Member

I've also told him I'm NOT getting in it, and he can park it in the layby over the road
deano87

2nd Nov 08 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just tell him you get better economy out of diesels. And that it does more damage to the environment in the sense of how the batteries are made etc from start to finish.

He is either having you on, or COMPLETELY insane to buy one, imho, even if he does go to London lots. If he wants to skip the congestion charge, tell him to get a Lexus Hybrid or something.
richc

2nd Nov 08 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Imagine he likes to do speedage doing that many miles a day!

I bet he would use less fuel driving the audi at higher speeds than the toyota thing.

What does he do btw to do that many miles?
Ben G

2nd Nov 08 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats a PRUIS?
corsa-sxi

maybe he is just messing about with you and he'll have a spanking new RS4 parked on the drive tomorrow
Pip308

tell him to get a civic hybrid
pow
Premium Member

2nd Nov 08 at 18:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's a company car...

Civic isn't allowed, he's not ahving me on.

He's not bothered about the environmental impact, he's bothered about how much it costs hima month. It is very cheap, but it ISNT worth it IMO.

It isnt a cruisers car...

He averages 80 to 85 on the motorway - I can just see a 1.5 petrol really trying hard to keep that speed -eating the petrol.
Joe

2nd Nov 08 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why will it always be broken?
pow
Premium Member

2nd Nov 08 at 18:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surly having a complicated battery/petrol/charging/driving system will be going wrong. His Audi is on 145k at the moment, can't see the Prius getting there only needing services and a drivers side hub?
Joe

2nd Nov 08 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd have more faith in a Toyota than an Audi.
deano87

2nd Nov 08 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If he wants a cheap car in terms of affecting his tax, either tell him to opt for the Focus type range, or bin the car. Get the car allowance in cash and buy a Zetec S TDCi Fiesta or something.

Prius is a ridiculous idea for motorway miles. They are rubbish. I can't believe the company even has it on his list considering the miles he does.

[Edited on 02-11-2008 by deano87]
Ben G

2nd Nov 08 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

focus and fiesta econetic are coming out, but i think that's a very big downgrade from a nice comforable audi.
pow
Premium Member

2nd Nov 08 at 18:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joe
I'd have more faith in a Toyota than an Audi.

He hasn't had one problem with the Audi. All just parts wearing out. It's had 8 services, 2 cambelts, 2 water pumps, one new EGR (EML light was on but he didn't even notice - I told him ), one drivers side hub or bearing or something.

Started every time for the last 4 years, done 145k without missing a beat and all he's done is put diesel and the odd bit of oil in it.

I've heard some hell stories with electric's on Toyotas
AndyCorsaSport

2nd Nov 08 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just slap the fuck out of him untill he sees sence!!!! NOW, go do it, slap him good. They are THEE worst cars i have ever driver, had a few in at work, absolutley wank, need an instruction manual to start the fucking things. Then when its started you cant tell cause its battery powered from the beggining, cant tell if its on or not. Theres NOTHING at all nice about them, they look descusting, and can safely say after driving a few, they are slow as fuck, and its mostly elderly people that have them.
pow
Premium Member

2nd Nov 08 at 18:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He can't bin the car, the personal fuel allowance he gets having the company car (doing 40k a year) means it pays itself.

Deano, I'm trying to tell him Pruis on the motorway is a bad idea, but he has his £££ saving glasses on.
pow
Premium Member

2nd Nov 08 at 18:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyCorsaSport
Just slap the fuck out of him untill he sees sence!!!! NOW, go do it, slap him good. They are THEE worst cars i have ever driver, had a few in at work, absolutley wank, need an instruction manual to start the fucking things. Then when its started you cant tell cause its battery powered from the beggining, cant tell if its on or not. Theres NOTHING at all nice about them, they look descusting, and can safely say after driving a few, they are slow as fuck, and its mostly elderly people that have them.

Thanks mate, thats more like it.

Isn't there two different ways of starting it, one with your foot on the brake, one not? Would drive me insane, I always start an auto with my foot on the brake like I start a manual with my foot on the clutch and breke
deano87

2nd Nov 08 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If he doesn't have to pay a bean, even diesel, then fair enough. I wouldn't like to drive a 2 tonne 1.5 car on the motorway for long periods of time.

What about a 118d? That will be super cheap as it has something like £35 tax etc and stop start tech.

Now we know where you get it from

pow
Premium Member

2nd Nov 08 at 18:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

118d is a good idea, I'll have a look.

Still think the golf is the car for him...
Robbo

2nd Nov 08 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats wrong with a prius?

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Someone talk my Dad out of a F**king PRUIS 23 database queries in 0.0144799 seconds