corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Bernie Ecclestone

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bernie Ecclestone
Nath

User status: Offline
6th Nov 08 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7712544.stm

Apparently this incident in Spain:

Was just a 'joke' and not racist.

I always knew Bernie was senile but come on!!! What a cock.
Tom

6th Nov 08 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bernie's a cock and bums ferrari
J da Silva

6th Nov 08 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I find the British people are too uptight, I see that as a joke, someone mentioned racism in the nineties and now everyone says it, it's like 'pulled a mobby' on CorsaSport, everyones saying it now.

Relax, I could see the harm if they had written "Hamiltons family is a bunch of black b*!%^$d's".
Cosmo

6th Nov 08 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, personally I dont see MUCH of a problem in it - but you know if it was in any other sport then the uproar would be massive from all races, so guess thats why people think action needs to be taken.

Id rather see a common sense approach being taken in all other aspects of life, as at the moment every little thing is being pulled up and blasted.
MatthewR

6th Nov 08 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats 4 people

At Lazio home games they hang banners with outrageous racist chants on week in week out
nik

6th Nov 08 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I see that as racist, whats funny about it? Clearly racist! Like going to the paralympics and turning up in a wheelchair and hiding your arms down your top!
Graham88

6th Nov 08 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nik
I see that as racist, whats funny about it? Clearly racist! Like going to the paralympics and turning up in a wheelchair and hiding your arms down your top!

So true

It's a joke yes, I found it funny, but it's still racist
Nath

6th Nov 08 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah my point is it IS racist. Regardless of whether the people doing it thought it was a joke.

Did anywhere hear about the website with comments about Hamilton?

Like:

'Half-breed, kill yourself in your car.'

One, calling himself David, left a porcupine out for Lewis on lap seven alongside a message saying: 'F*** you bastard. Monkey.'

Yet another, dubbing Hamilton a 'Conguito' - a gollywog-style chocolate sweet popular in Spain - said: 'Conguito, you are going to die.'

The Spanish are proper racist come to think of it, Aragones is also well racist. What the fuck is up with them?!
Marc

7th Nov 08 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I still maintain it wasn't racist. Don't give a fuck what anyone else says.
Nath

7th Nov 08 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Interesting.
Hammer

7th Nov 08 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Of course it isn't racist, it's not as if Spain has a crippling cancer on all their sport such as out and out blatant racism
Nath

7th Nov 08 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye, they're a good bunch really.
Hammer

7th Nov 08 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Samuel Etoo must have felt right at home last week with the monkey chants
Nath

7th Nov 08 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They love it mate. The little monkeys can't get enough 'ooh ooh aah aah' chants.
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

7th Nov 08 at 13:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't really see it as racist!

People take things to heart to easily tbh making a meal out of things then it gets blown into silly "racism" shite!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
AndyKent

7th Nov 08 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH its not all that different from the scouser thing that was on Harry Enfield years back.
Hammer

7th Nov 08 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The difference being Harry Enfield is a comedy sketch with the remit of making others laugh.

Spanish people are renowned for their racism against blacks, the intent was clearly to rile rather than humour. Finding it funny is only indicative of the way you perceive it but the intent is what makes it either racism or a joke imo.
Kyle T
Premium Member

7th Nov 08 at 16:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aw comeon Bernie is in his 70's, or is it 80's? Racism means bugger all when you're that old

My grandads comment this week:

"Not only are they allowed to run for president and drive an F1 car, but they're actually winning. Sneaker fuckers are taking over the world"

Harmless but he'd get slaughtered for saying that on the BBC

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
ljames555

7th Nov 08 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

See I actually dont see it as racist, what about when ppl dress up as scots with ginger wigs and kilts.

Also they should of put a white person in there with the hamilton family as his mam is white, I dont think the media would of jumped on it that much if they did.

I think its great to see hamilton win F1 but I thought that he might of been able to laugh it off, also I am dissappointed he doesnt make a contribution to England , yes he would of paid alot of tax but not going to make him poor
Nath

8th Nov 08 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What do folk on here think racism is then? Out of curiousity.
Mike2k111

10th Nov 08 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh to be honest im completely against racism but these days people are claiming racism for everythin. To me that pic isn't racist at all at theres nothing obviously offensive about it.

Those website comments are obviously racist but that pic, to me, isnt saying anything to discriminate against anyone.

People are very much loosing the concept of what racism is and its starting to become highlighted for things that really arnt anymore.

Racism:

1. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.
2. Discrimination or prejudice based on race.

IMO that pic addresses none of those

[Edited on 10-11-2008 by Mike2k111]
Hammer

10th Nov 08 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ljames555
Also they should of put a white person in there with the hamilton family as his mam is white, I dont think the media would of jumped on it that much if they did.

You've just highlighted the exact reason why it's racist.

He's black therefore his family are all black, to suggest that is ignorant and racist there is not much debate about that.
Tom

10th Nov 08 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That is racism, i'm not part of the pc squad but you can't allow that, there's nothing funny in it imo.
J da Silva

11th Nov 08 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
What do folk on here think racism is then? Out of curiousity.

I think racism is delibarately bullying someone/various people because of their race, in an attempt to upset them, not to act as a another person in a crowd of people. If a white person had to play the part of a black person in a theatre play, and had to use shoe polish as the make up, in CS eyes he is a racist and so is the producer.
J da Silva

11th Nov 08 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mike, you appear to be a very intelligent person, your posts make sense.
If an asian person gets arrested people shout racism, always some of the Spaniards are renowned for racism, but they weren't at the F1 race that day so merging the two incidents is ridiculous.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Bernie Ecclestone 24 database queries in 0.0175030 seconds