corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » indicators

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author indicators
Forbes789

User status: Offline
21st Nov 08 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

driving home from work last nyt, indicated to turn left, started braking and indicator light went solid green turned in then tried them again no indicators but when u press the hazard swith they all work

ok update, found broken wire, repaired it, still no luck though, this was for the alarm, so i have indicators flashing when i lock the car, and the hazards work but still no indicators coming from the stalk

i went in past my mates, used his hazard switch which works on his car but nothing, tried his stalk, stil nothing, tried the relay from his car, still nothing, pulled every fuse and checked them all and none are damaged

although when you use the hazards all the bulbs light up but the green indicator icon on the dash doesnt illuminate,

i did a check on all my other lights while i was at it, and i have no break lights either.

i have the black smoked lexus lights by the way, a mate said his lights which were the same had condensation in them and he took them out and cleaned up al the conections and they work fine

i am really at a dead end here, anyone got any sujecstions, or ideas.

even if its stupid its worth a go
S@M

21st Nov 08 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if the hazards are working they use the same relay so its not that,

its very likly to be a problem with the contacts inside the stalk itself....

there very easy to replace and are techinically straight forward as they just plug in under the steering wheel covers
S@M

21st Nov 08 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try giving wrighty a u2u as i know he has a set that he will probably sell you for next to nothing
Mertin

21st Nov 08 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by S@M
try giving wrighty a u2u as i know he has a set that he will probably sell you for next to nothing

He tried another stalk
S@M

21st Nov 08 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did a check on all my other lights while i was at it, and i have no break lights either.......

if the normal rear lights are working this is a problem with the lamp/bulb itself as they do both rear light and brake light in on,

check it to make sure its a duel filement type and simply put a new on in to see if that works

S@M

21st Nov 08 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mertin
quote:
Originally posted by S@M

He tried another stalk

so he did, my bad
Forbes789

21st Nov 08 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i aint got the standard rear light but i took them lights out and checked all the connections , cleaned up the conectors and still no luck

i cant work out why the green indicator icon on the dash isnt working, it just does nothing, i tried the bulb behind it but its not that either
l15ter

21st Nov 08 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have pretty much the same problem with mine at the moment, but only happens every now and then
Forbes789

21st Nov 08 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

i have pretty much the same problem with mine at the moment, but only happens every now and then

ah ok, any idea whats causing it in yours?

what rear lights you got?, you got standard front lights and indicators

i've got a mega sneeky feeling its got a broken wire or a burned wire behind the dash or something

[Edited on 21-11-2008 by Forbes789]
l15ter

21st Nov 08 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

standard rears, and angle fronts, but my right indicator is fine, that car had been sitting for a fair few days with out moving or even started up.

had a look at my wiring today, couldnt find a problem with it

the problem i had with mine is that it start flashing fine but then started to slow down to a complete stop and just stay on a constant orange light, turn it off and worked fine, only happened three or four times yesterday during a 200mile round trip
Daveskater
Premium Member

21st Nov 08 at 15:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a problem recently where if I braked and had the indicators on, then the fog lights would flash. I took the bulb holder out and left it indoors for a bit in the warm and then it's fine now. Give that a go with your rear lights and see how it goes.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
chris_rosso

21st Nov 08 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

these symptoms are usually down to the contacts on the rear wiring looms touching each other or they are loose. It used to happen all time on my rear South African lights, ended up having to duct tape the loom connectors together to stop it happening
l15ter

21st Nov 08 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers for the help guys
scottmmw

21st Nov 08 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have this same problem it started this morning. thats spooky.

i recently had a boot popper fitted to my toad alarm. i think the guy has caused it. but its soooo tempramentle its doing my head in. one minute the dash light is solid green then they are working fine again. i gave my relays a good bash and now im waiting a few days before taking it back.
Forbes789

21st Nov 08 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is realy creepy, i got a toad alarm aswel, i didnt know if it would have been important but my mate had the car out last sat and broke a wire under the dash, its a black wire, its got like a glass core or sumthing i soldered it and got my indicators working with the alarm but my mate from the garage said its my alarm thats wrong

anyone got any ideas, i'll post up some fotos of the alarm so yous know what it is
scottmmw

21st Nov 08 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the guy told me it could be a bad earth or he told me some BS down the phone anyway. im guna go for a drive in a bit and see what happens. hopefully it was just the relay needing a wiggle.
Forbes789

21st Nov 08 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is the alarm i couldnt get fotos of the wire which was broke but i will

anyone had any similar problems or can help out, caus ei aint got no indicators and its really dangerous for driving

l15ter

22nd Nov 08 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

problem sorted

last night it pissed me off, so got out of the car and left my lights on and the left indiction on, noticed that the rear tail light was flashing as well, and when the brake pedel was pushed the indictors would stay on, the brake lights stayed on and the tail lights flashed. so i just checked the connection in the boot, checking its got a good earth, turn out the plug for the rear light wasnt connected properly and just needed pushing in more
Forbes789

22nd Nov 08 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

great its fixed, but kinda hijacing the thread i aint got no solution yet, really need some help here?
l15ter

22nd Nov 08 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well its not really hijacing is it, not point having loads of threads the same, and was only tell you how i found it and thought i would share how i found it in the end.

sure its not down to your alarm?
antnee

22nd Nov 08 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you checked you have the right bulbs in?

My bro put a single filiment instead of a twin in his fiesta and all the lights went haywire!
Forbes789

23rd Nov 08 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah cause they have been working fine for over 5 months and this wire broke from the alarm and everything went nuts, and the indicators stopd working a few days later, now i cant get them going,

aint got no brake lights or indicators and i have to do a 20 mile journey every morning to work and back

aint very safe,

l15ter

23rd Nov 08 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good connections?
good voltage going towards the lights?
good earth?
any cross connections?
scottmmw

24th Nov 08 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i took my car back to the guy who did my boot the other day. he checked his work and cudnt find any problems. he took my hazard light switch out and there is a small like diode in the back of it. im going to get another from the scrappy 2moro se if that helps as ive changed all the relays. im stumped.
Forbes789

25th Nov 08 at 00:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wel still no luck, we unconected the alarm which rules that out of the situation, but whats hapened in that side of the things the guy that fitted the alarm has the wire beside the sterring rack and the wire got tangled went tight and snapped, the indicators went shortly afterwards, my mate checked the indicator stock and theres a permanent 12v and everything seems to be ok, next job i think is to check all conections at the back of the fuse box,

any one got other ideas

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » indicators 23 database queries in 0.0194640 seconds