corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » De La Hoya vs Pacquiao

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author De La Hoya vs Pacquiao
A1EX

User status: Offline
25th Nov 08 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thoroughly looking forward to this fight, although it is a David vs Goliath type fight, De La Hoya saying he will retire if he doesnt knock out pacman, and pacman being the offensive never say die fighter he is should be very very entertaining
Hammer

25th Nov 08 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Manny to win, De La Hoya isn't the fighter he was years ago.

His last proper knockout blow was in 2000 and he reckon's he has a chance of knocking out the best pound for pound fighter 8 years later. Can't see it.
corsa - gus

25th Nov 08 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

De la Hoya is past it imo. Manny to win convincingly
A1EX

25th Nov 08 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id like to see pacman win but the odds are so far against him even with oscar not being the fighter he used to be, the size difference is huge lol forgetting weight anyone can put on weight but pacmans frame and oscars frame are two different weight classes alone....

Edit

When was the last time a former flyweight champ beat a former welterweight champ.......

two quotes from the top welterweights at the moment

"Oscar will stop Manny within three rounds," said Williams. "I don't want to take anything away from Pacquiao, but his punches won't hurt De La Hoya. Manny is just too small, and Oscar is just too big. That's why we have the different weight classes. The size and weight difference makes it a bad fight."

Margarito is more scornful.

"Now Oscar is getting brave with a 135-pound fighter and is trying to convince everyone that it's a tough fight," Margarito said. "He's getting brave with a great fighter, but a fighter who fights at 135 pounds. He wants to show the world that he can pull the trigger against a 135-pounder. What a man! What a hero!"

[Edited on 25-11-2008 by A1EX]
22B

25th Nov 08 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A1EX
Id like to see pacman win but the odds are so far against him even with oscar not being the fighter he used to be, the size difference is huge lol forgetting weight anyone can put on weight but pacmans frame and oscars frame are two different weight classes alone....

Edit

When was the last time a former flyweight champ beat a former welterweight champ.......

"Oscar will stop Manny within three rounds," said Williams. "I don't want to take anything away from Pacquiao, but his punches won't hurt De La Hoya. Manny is just too small, and Oscar is just too big. That's why we have the different weight classes. The size and weight difference makes it a bad fight."

"Now Oscar is getting brave with a 135-pound fighter and is trying to convince everyone that it's a tough fight," Margarito said. "He's getting brave with a great fighter, but a fighter who fights at 135 pounds. He wants to show the world that he can pull the trigger against a 135-pounder. What a man! What a hero!"

This mans got it spot on, De La Hoya aint what he used to be, but the size difference is the key factor, De la Hoya will just bully him all night. Its a shame as I would love to see Manny Pacquiao against Ricky Hatton, would make for an awesome fight at 140 pounds, as I doubt ricky would be able to make 135 or a catchweight in between. So it will probably end up being De La Hoya hatton next year.
Hammer

25th Nov 08 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd like to see this Edwin Valero, the guy that De La Hoya has brought in to train with and mimic Manny.

His record reads; 24 fights, 24 wins, 24 KO's

19 of which have come within the first round
Jodi_the_g

25th Nov 08 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Edwin Valero will never box in USA again though, he failed a medical due to brain damage on an MRI, and they revolved his license.
Hammer

25th Nov 08 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was unaware of that, is he free to fight elsewhere?
Jodi_the_g

25th Nov 08 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
Was unaware of that, is he free to fight elsewhere?

Yeah he fights outside the US, after his 10th fight or something when he signed for Golden Boy Promotions and tipped to be the next big thing they did the brain scan for him to fight at the gardens and it was picked up.
Jodi_the_g

25th Nov 08 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ironically the brain damage though was not from boxing but motorcycle accident without a helmet.
Mad Moe

26th Nov 08 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought I had read Valero had been cleared to fight somewhere in America recently? Looks a good prospect, however wouldn't it be do big a step up in weight for him to fight the likes of Hatton and De La Hoya? Thought he was a feather weight?
Jodi_the_g

26th Nov 08 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah Texas, but not really going to have to many big fights there.
smack

26th Nov 08 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pac man will out box, out work and genreally out class oscar.
people keep going on about the weight,but pacquiao trains at 140 when he is going into a featherweight fight. it wont be nothing new to him.
david diaz has a simularish style to oscar, look how that ended, 8 rounds of total domination then bang.
oscars last fight was poor, and the oponent wasnt the greatest, as people have said, hes not what he used to be.
my moneys on pacquiao
smack

3rd Dec 08 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£14.95 for this fight - fuck that
22B

3rd Dec 08 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by smack
pac man will out box, out work and genreally out class oscar.
people keep going on about the weight,but pacquiao trains at 140 when he is going into a featherweight fight. it wont be nothing new to him.
david diaz has a simularish style to oscar, look how that ended, 8 rounds of total domination then bang.
oscars last fight was poor, and the oponent wasnt the greatest, as people have said, hes not what he used to be.
my moneys on pacquiao

I hope your right as Id rather see MP vs Hatton than de la hoya vs hatton.
Tiesto

7th Dec 08 at 00:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone got a live feed for this?
Wrighty

7th Dec 08 at 00:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check justintv
Wrighty

7th Dec 08 at 05:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pacmans fast isnt he
AdZ9

7th Dec 08 at 09:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that made oscar's retirement question easy, manny dominated him
smack

7th Dec 08 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

J da Silva

7th Dec 08 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 22B
quote:

Edit

This mans got it spot on, De La Hoya aint what he used to be, but the size difference is the key factor, De la Hoya will just bully him all night. Its a shame as I would love to see Manny Pacquiao against Ricky Hatton, would make for an awesome fight at 140 pounds, as I doubt ricky would be able to make 135 or a catchweight in between. So it will probably end up being De La Hoya hatton next year.

Spot on you say?
22B

7th Dec 08 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by J da Silva
quote:
Originally posted by 22B
quote:

Edit

Spot on you say?

doh!! , thats the problem with predicting boxing matches, you will either look like a genius or an absolute idiot.

Im glad Manny won, hopefully sets up a match with Hatton for next year, now thats a fight I would like to see. Theres been too many senior tour fights going on recently, think De La Hoya should call it quits now he looked terrible.
smack

7th Dec 08 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hatton should call it a day. if he thinks he has any chance at all agaist pac-man hes a mug. he is gonna end up seroilsy (sp) hurt, and no one wants that
J da Silva

7th Dec 08 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 22B
quote:
Originally posted by J da Silva
quote:
Originally posted by 22B
quote:

Edit

Spot on you say?

doh!! , thats the problem with predicting boxing matches, you will either look like a genius or an absolute idiot.

Im glad Manny won, hopefully sets up a match with Hatton for next year, now thats a fight I would like to see. Theres been too many senior tour fights going on recently, think De La Hoya should call it quits now he looked terrible.

Yeah I know what you mean, should be harder to predict Hatton Vs Pacman, rather than Hatton Vs De La Hoya, will be interesting.
Wrighty

7th Dec 08 at 23:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

chances that mayweather comes outta retirement to get manny? thats a fight id like to see!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » De La Hoya vs Pacquiao 23 database queries in 0.0141132 seconds