corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Clio 172

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Clio 172
Gareth T

User status: Offline
12th Dec 08 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im currently looking for something to replace the mk4 astra, a smaller car so the other half can use it also. 172's seem to be going fairly cheap on AT from 2K upwards for a 2002 onwards. Are they worth the money? im interested in them more now as they will be quick which is what im after.

views and opinions would help greatfully, especially who have owned or own one

thanks
N3CRO

12th Dec 08 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My sister has a face lifted 172 Cup and loves it although fooking expensive when it falls to bits and trust me, it will!
VegasPhil
Premium Member

12th Dec 08 at 12:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mate has a '53 172 Cup Great fun, fast, noisy and handles well. Had to change a few bits on it recently though...

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Half Pint

12th Dec 08 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they are fun until they go wrong.....
broster
Premium Member

12th Dec 08 at 12:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have one a 172 cup, excellent car imo
grogan

12th Dec 08 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

av got a 172 although not a cup still pleanty of fun to be had in it!
Gareth T

12th Dec 08 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont know much about the 172's etc but see a few peopl have had/got them. is there a difference between a standard 172 and a cup? mostly comfort for the gf and power for me tbh
VegasPhil
Premium Member

12th Dec 08 at 12:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cup is the lightweight version of the standard one. Comes with Turinis, Cup rear bench, No AC (Except a few hundred), bigger spoiler and different geometry setup to the other ones I think!

Gareth T

12th Dec 08 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok thanks Phil appreciate it. Think I will have a look into them and see whats what.
Nick-S

12th Dec 08 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VegasPhil
Cup is the lightweight version of the standard one. Comes with Turinis, Cup rear bench, No AC (Except a few hundred), bigger spoiler and different geometry setup to the other ones I think!
no abs eather.
broster
Premium Member

12th Dec 08 at 12:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

join www.cliosport.net, you need to pay a small amount but there are loads for sale on there and lots of information, i got mine from that site, very helpful people
broster
Premium Member

12th Dec 08 at 12:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GSi_16v
quote:
Originally posted by VegasPhil
no abs eather.

thinner windows, no traction etc....
Fad

12th Dec 08 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by TheNobleOne
My sister has a face lifted 172 Cup and loves it although fooking expensive when it falls to bits and trust me, it will!

They dont fall apart

More reliable than my Corsa ever was and better built.

I've done 30k in mine so far this year and its fine....servicing is expensive but thats given when you buy a perfomance car?

Only things wrong with mine at the moment is top mounts and porbably anti roll bar bushes but considering its done a track day and been used a hell of a lot this year I wouldnt say its fallen apart?

broster
Premium Member

12th Dec 08 at 13:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine not fallen apart either, other than the exhaust back box but thats not major

and i smashed my front splitter
Fad

12th Dec 08 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine hasnt had a front splitter for ages damn building sites!!!!

[Edited on 12-12-2008 by Fad]
gavin18787
Premium Member

12th Dec 08 at 13:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cliosport is free to join. Loads of info on there

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
Gareth T

12th Dec 08 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks i wil get myself on there
AshGo

12th Dec 08 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im on cliosport, great site. Ive gone from a VW Lupo GTi to clio 182 Cup and i am not dissapointed by the build quality at all, i love it, also done 10k problem free miles so far too.
broster
Premium Member

12th Dec 08 at 13:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fad
Mine hasnt had a front splitter for ages damn building sites!!!!

[Edited on 12-12-2008 by Fad]

i replaced mine with a streamline carbon splitter, so paranoid!
Daimo B

12th Dec 08 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fad
quote:

They dont fall apart

I've done 30k in mine so far this year and its fine....servicing is expensive but thats given when you buy a perfomance car?

Only things wrong with mine at the moment is top mounts and porbably anti roll bar bushes but considering its done a track day and been used a hell of a lot this year I wouldnt say its fallen apart?

I'd expect so seeing as one is a standard car, and the other had an engine change which also had various problems due to modifications!!!!!

Can't compare an engine converted car in terms of reliability to a standard car.

Servicing shouldn't be expensive, its only a 2.0 16v na engine from renault. Hell even the VXR isn't that pricey on services.

Those components should not be failing ona 30k car after one or two trackdays. That shouldn't be happening at all, not unless your crashing it on those track days.

I like clios, good little cars, good engine and a good little package out the box for a little hot hatch. But they are known form having lots of little problems, but find a good one and you should be fine.
AshGo

12th Dec 08 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:
Originally posted by Fad
quote:

They dont fall apart

I'd expect so seeing as one is a standard car, and the other had an engine change which also had various problems due to modifications!!!!!

Can't compare an engine converted car in terms of reliability to a standard car.

Servicing shouldn't be expensive, its only a 2.0 16v na engine from renault. Hell even the VXR isn't that pricey on services.

Those components should not be failing ona 30k car after one or two trackdays. That shouldn't be happening at all, not unless your crashing it on those track days.

I like clios, good little cars, good engine and a good little package out the box for a little hot hatch. But they are known form having lots of little problems, but find a good one and you should be fine.

Servicing isnt exepensive, only the 5year usual cambelt/aux belt thats more. If you get one thats either been done, or wont need doing, like mine on 12k then this isnt a problem.

[Edited on 12-12-2008 by AshGo]
Baskey

12th Dec 08 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv done 82k in mine so I know what I'm on about. it's never broken down and certanly not fallen apart. It's one of the most fun cars if ever driven and I'm struggling to find something to replace it with. I service it every 10k which is cheep, make sure it's got decent tyres and that's it. I wonder what people actully do to them to get so many problems
AshGo

12th Dec 08 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Baskey
iv done 82k in mine so I know what I'm on about. it's never broken down and certanly not fallen apart. It's one of the most fun cars if ever driven and I'm struggling to find something to replace it with. I service it every 10k which is cheep, make sure it's got decent tyres and that's it. I wonder what people actully do to them to get so many problems [/quote]

It's more than likely all the chav owner's(as with any large engine'd hatchback) that don't bother to look after/serivce them properly.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

12th Dec 08 at 13:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They do get a hard time though

Fro

12th Dec 08 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:
Originally posted by Fad
quote:

They dont fall apart

Its done more than 30k, but he's done 30k in the last year.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Clio 172 23 database queries in 0.0155749 seconds