corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Gym Day: Supplement Advice..

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Gym Day: Supplement Advice..
Dan
Premium Member

User status: Offline
25th Feb 09 at 20:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive now been hitting the gym for 2 weeks, My aim is to lose fat and tone mainly.

Im doing full body workouts 3 times a week, working to this routine, http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/hugo22.htm
Along with intense cardio on the other days.

My diet is pretty good, im eating oats/fruit for breakfast, salmon/tuna and pasta for mid morning, then simiar for md afternoon, then big portion of chicken and rice for tea.

All i really want to know is, is there any supplements that would help me towards my goal, or are they a waste of time for me?

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Dave86

25th Feb 09 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cut the carbs, up the protein, taking any protein shakes?
Dan
Premium Member

25th Feb 09 at 20:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nope, not taking anything

strick206

25th Feb 09 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I posted a thread similar to this a few weeks ago

was advised to buy PHD Pharma Whey - Chocolate cookie flavour is very good
jaffa

25th Feb 09 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you order from http://www.myprotein.co.uk/

use
MP23677

for 5% off your first order
Dave86

25th Feb 09 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wheyyyyyy protien, buy that, cut the carbs, bish bash bosh

[Edited on 25-02-2009 by slowandstandard]
Dan
Premium Member

25th Feb 09 at 22:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What does it do, and when do i need to take it.

What are fat burners and would they help

DizzyRebel

26th Feb 09 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Protein is the building blocks of your body tissue, think of carbs and fats as the workers who put it all together.

If you want to build a big house you need lots of bricks, think of carbs as the imigrant workers and fats as the skilled workers, you want more fats than carbs on your building site for best results.

protein should be the base composition of each of your 5/6 meals a day however suppliments are best taken with breakfast, pre training and before bed, assuming you dont have the time/resources to eat the solid food equivalent of your protein shake.

fat burners from anywhere other than a firm called biotest have never been proven as 100% effective.
Dan
Premium Member

26th Feb 09 at 10:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how much protien do i need to intake per day? Am i right only doing 15mins hiit cardio on other 4 days? Or do i need more to do more to lose weight

James

26th Feb 09 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was talking to my personal trainer the other day and she said supplements are mainly used by skinny little boys who like to think they are going to be bodybuilders

So true.
A1EX

26th Feb 09 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by James
I was talking to my personal trainer the other day and she said supplements are mainly used by skinny little boys who like to think they are going to be bodybuilders

So true.

DizzyRebel

26th Feb 09 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan
how much protien do i need to intake per day? Am i right only doing 15mins hiit cardio on other 4 days? Or do i need more to do more to lose weight

protein intake varies upon your diet and size. Assuming your of average build 150g of protein should be sufficient, more than that wont hurt you - extra protein is better than extra carbs to make up your daily calorie intake as the protein is much less likely to be stored as bodyfat.

10-15 minutes of HIIT 4 days a week is easily sufficient for sustained fat loss.

Suppliments are not for skinny people trying to be body builders, suppliments are there to compliment an already sound diet. i know plenty of real body builders 18stone and upwards who use suppliments as part of their diet - your pti seems very narrowminded.

[Edited on 26-02-2009 by DizzyRebel]
Brabus

26th Feb 09 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

So true.

I would say 80% of the people who buy protein supplements are skinny little boys thinking its a pot of miracle powder that will make them massive, they soon realise that without the sound diet it useless. The other 20% realise this and use the supplements to boost gains effectively.
Dan
Premium Member

26th Feb 09 at 16:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So is my current diet good enough to make taking it worth while? Example diet like today, breakfast at 7am i had a bowl of oats and raisens, then 10am i had a tin of tuna with some sweetcorn, no mayo. Then 1pm had smoked salmon with pasta. Then for tea at 6.30 ill be having 2 chicken breasts with nando's sauce and rice.

Dave86

26th Feb 09 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ur eating lotta carbs buddy

pasta, oats, rice....

instead of salmon n pasta, try 2slice of brown bread with 250g of chicken, and when u have 2 chicken breats, jst have them on there own, with a sauce yea, but no rice or pasta, have some veg with it
DizzyRebel

26th Feb 09 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

morning is where you should be eating your complex carbs. porridge, fruit and a protein shake at breakfast would suffice. you should cut the rice from your evening meal, you need simple carbs after you work out so try and get some fruit/fruit juice in straight after your workout.

otherwise, no carbs after lunchtime - this will be your big key to fat loss

carbs are for the morning, fats are for the evening. protein is for every meal
Danny P

26th Feb 09 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan
Ive now been hitting the gym for 2 weeks, My aim is to lose fat and tone mainly.

Im doing full body workouts 3 times a week, working to this routine, http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/hugo22.htm
Along with intense cardio on the other days.

How's that routine working for you Dan?

Just starting at the gym again myself & my goals are same as yours so just been looking a routine. What days do you do what on?
Dan
Premium Member

26th Feb 09 at 20:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea, that routine is going really well. Due to work making me work 10hr days, until 7pm now, i havent been able to do anything in the gym since monday. as of this monday, ill be back on shifts, so i will be able to hit the gym daily for as long as i like.

Just trying to sort my diet before monday, so im all set up and ready for it.

Dan
Premium Member

26th Feb 09 at 20:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

o, and in the 2 weeks ive been doin g it, ive added about 1/2 the weight again to most of my lifts

Dan
Premium Member

26th Feb 09 at 20:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive also put on about 3-4lb in the 2 weeks, and have had comments ive lost weight :/

J da Silva

26th Feb 09 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just ask Tricep Trev down the pub??
Wrighty

27th Feb 09 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmmm, cut the rice down in your evening meal, youd be surprised how bad it is for you if your trying to loose weight

whey wise, iv used phd pharma whey, synergy, maximuscle, and now i use reflex

pharma whey froths up too much but tastes alright, synergy is more for muscle growth

reflex instant whey is the best tasting stuff iv tried and lowest carbs too
ssj_kakarot

2nd Mar 09 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

So true.

your personal trainer sounds like a silly bint, specially if shes advising you not to take protein shakes
DizzyRebel

2nd Mar 09 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You dont need them, its not like if you dont buy whey protein powder you wont grow. For an intermediate weight trainer you need about 150g of protein a day which is easily acheivable from just eating the right foods without needing to touch protein powders.

Protein powders are aimed at people who dont have time to cook protein meals all the time, or pros who simply cant eat enough protein in the day and need to turn to powders to help up their intake.

At the end of the day the protein you get from solid foods is a much better quality than the stuff you get from powders so its always advisable to try and eat the best you can before you turn to them. But if you are physically rushed off your feet 24/7 a protein shake is better than missing a meal and wasting away!
SAL
Premium Member

3rd Mar 09 at 12:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DizzyRebel
You dont need them, its not like if you dont buy whey protein powder you wont grow. For an intermediate weight trainer you need about 150g of protein a day which is easily acheivable from just eating the right foods without needing to touch protein powders.

Protein powders are aimed at people who dont have time to cook protein meals all the time, or pros who simply cant eat enough protein in the day and need to turn to powders to help up their intake.

At the end of the day the protein you get from solid foods is a much better quality than the stuff you get from powders so its always advisable to try and eat the best you can before you turn to them. But if you are physically rushed off your feet 24/7 a protein shake is better than missing a meal and wasting away!

spot on advise

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Gym Day: Supplement Advice.. 24 database queries in 0.0179300 seconds