corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » UKFSN/Entanet

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author UKFSN/Entanet
John

User status: Offline
1st Mar 09 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I haven't paid any attention to or read any ISP forums since I went with UKFSN over a year ago.

They have been excellent up until now and i've not had one problem with the service.

Got an email the other day about the t&c's changing and decided to have a wee look there and i'm not happy with what i'm seeing at all.

Off peak now not until midnight and i'm reading a lot about throttling, I don't want anything throttled.

May be on the hunt for a new ISP after recommending them on here
Dom

1st Mar 09 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did mention this to you in a thread a month back or so, there is a huge thread over on overclockers.co.uk about it and a lot of people have been pissed off, especially as a lot of ISPs use Entanet's network.

See if you can get O2/Be, seems to be the best ADSL ISP at the moment, alternatively have a look on the forums over at www.thinkbroadband.com

John

1st Mar 09 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yip, meant to say that in my first post, you were the only place i'd heard about it.

I'm on thinkbroadband atm, I can only get the non llu o2 service.
Mike2k111

2nd Mar 09 at 00:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

O2 are having major problems with peak time congestion across their backbone network at the moment. Cant personally comment on the LLU service but ive heard its similar to their Access service which im using. Rated speed of 6000kbps of which I get around 5000kbps during the middle of the night etc which is fine considering my ip profile is capped at this.

During peak times, 5pm-10pm this drops to a maximum of around 900-1000kbps and even down to 200kbps at times. Completely pointless for streaming anything or any online games etc. Web browsing is just about useable. Basically they got too popular, too fast and the ammount of people that signed up couldnt be supported on their network.

The problem has been acknowledged by O2 CS and i even had a call with a statement from O2 confirming the problem. Its apparently being dealt with by ive had the same issue for 3months now and it doesnt look like changing soon. Just a heads up about potential issues, their CS is excelleng though.
John

2nd Mar 09 at 00:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The llu service is supposed to be excellent, the bt wholesale one crap, that's another one out the window.

Customer service is up here in Glasgow, they are coincidentally constantly recruiting, I mean every single day for over a year now they have been on job site.
Dom

2nd Mar 09 at 01:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://forums.hexus.net/current-bargains/158626-broadband-6months-free.html

willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

2nd Mar 09 at 08:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.superawesomebroadband.com/

expensive but ran properly.
John

2nd Mar 09 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Need to be logged in on hexus, nice willay, i'm not paying 65 quid a month though.

I'm considering trying o2's non llu, you get a 1 month free trial so i'd get out of my isp and give myself a month to look elsewhere even if they are bad, think i'll take that.
John

2nd Mar 09 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got my MAC and moving to O2, i'll report back when I get it and have a chance to try it out.
Dom

2nd Mar 09 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

https://www.bethere.co.uk/BBchoices.do

http://www.quidco.com/bethere-co-uk/

6 months free and 45 quid back on quidco
Dom

2nd Mar 09 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

willay - any reviews on Super Awesome Broadband?
ssj_kakarot

2nd Mar 09 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

woo that superawsome broadband is expensive.

Virgin is still the best of a bad bunch at the min, i dont use torrent and the traffic shaping isnt that bad on the XXL 20meg service im on, price isnt to bad and i constantly get 2400kb/sec when downloading from rapidshare.
willay
Premium Member

3rd Mar 09 at 07:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
willay - any reviews on Super Awesome Broadband?

no, they dont market it that well, I literally picked the URL from a comment on slashdot. I rang them up one morning and spoke techie for 10 minutes, everything sounds sweet apart from the price and the fact they are welsh.
pow
Premium Member

3rd Mar 09 at 08:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good find will, saved that for future reference.
drunkenfool

3rd Mar 09 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've only just joined Entanet
John

3rd Mar 09 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It looks like the business ones are hit even harder, talk on the forums say a lot of the isp's are looking for other providers now.
Bart

4th Mar 09 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ssj_kakarot

Virgin is still the best of a bad bunch at the min,

No... Virgin are the worst of the worst bunch, signing up to sending copytight letters to their customers.
They can go eat a slice of GTF pie and die

[Edited on 04-03-2009 by Bart]
John

4th Mar 09 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

O2 llu seems to be the best of the bunch atm.
Dom

5th Mar 09 at 02:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bart
quote:

No... Virgin are the worst of the worst bunch, signing up to sending copytight letters to their customers.

to be honest, you get bad customer service with every company. Personally, i think Virgins pretty good - folks have been with them for 11 years or so (CableTel days) and i've had my account a few years, no problems what so ever apart from 1 or 2 outages for an hour or so between us.
willay
Premium Member

5th Mar 09 at 07:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Virgin/NTL/Telewest, cable providers are normally wank as is their technology.
John

5th Mar 09 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've never heard of anybody having a good experience when phoning ntl or virgin.

I had virgin adsl a couple of years ago, what a mistake that turned out to be, customer service was on par with sky and bt.
Bart

5th Mar 09 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
Originally posted by Bart
quote:

to be honest, you get bad customer service with every company. Personally, i think Virgins pretty good - folks have been with them for 11 years or so (CableTel days) and i've had my account a few years, no problems what so ever apart from 1 or 2 outages for an hour or so between us.

Im pleased for you, but I wasnt referring to the customer service.

And I disagree with bad customer service with everyone, Plusnets customer service is award winning.
The online messaging system is fast and you can get support online without having to pay through the teeth and get gauranteed quick responses.
Hammer

5th Mar 09 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What's up with Virgin then?
Dom

5th Mar 09 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
What's up with Virgin then?

Bart's banging on about Virgin's copyright letters that 800 odd customers got, although from what i gather nothing really came of it. But BT were also doing the same, i believe a few other ISPs were as well.

Eitherway, everyone knows the risks when downloading (P2P etc) and there are plenty of ways of preventing (certainly lessening) yourself from being 'caught'.

And you say that Plusnet are award winning, yet type Plusnet into google and you'll see a whole load of threads/websites stating how you shouldn't go near them with a barge pole.

Like i say, you get bad service from all companies.

John - Yeah, their ADSL has always been toss, even when both NTL & Virgin were running it (before NTL gain share majority).

Willay - I'm curious to why you think their technology is wank?
Apart from the upstream that's always going to be toss, Virgin currently have the quickest residential connection and it looks like their already trialling 100mb connections. Unless you happen to live next door to an exchange there's no way you're going to be seeing them speeds for a while. BTs FTTC will help that, but like i say, it's going to be years before they have the coverage like Virgin.
John

5th Mar 09 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have virgin upgraded the network capacity with any of these speed increases?

Telling people they can get 50meg is all very well, that 50 meg is useless if they haven't upgraded the 20meg network, which probably hasn't been upgraded sunce 2meg.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll