corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Health Day: Fitness routine Warning Paul_J style essay thread

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Health Day: Fitness routine Warning Paul_J style essay thread
Jambo

User status: Offline
4th Apr 09 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some of you know me on here, and know i have/had the worst diet in history, basically from the age of 16-21 i lived on a diet stirctly of Cigerrettes booze and diet coke, if i ate it was crisps and chocolate. Then i quit smoking, stopped drinking and became addicted to takeaways and processed frozen foods. started smoking and drinking again, stopped smoking, started the gym, got fit got fat and now i have decided to kick as many bad habits as possible, as im lethargic and tired ALL the time and often ill with minor ailments.

I put on some weight, according to my Wii Fit, i am boderline obese. That was my BMi count?

I am 5ft 10 and weighed 12st 6lb, lost alot of self confidence and couldnt fit in any cool clothes so just spent my time in baggy jeans and hoodies, this had to stop so decided to do it in stages....

Step #1: I stopped the beer and takeaways dropped to 11st 9l/b

Step 2# Then i started eating smaller portions, eating fruit and small lunches, generally not eating shite, yet still having the occasional treat.

Got down to 11st 6lb.

Now the above weights are rough estimates as i do not weigh myself as set times of day/week after/before meals etc.
I am dieting on how well i feel and how well my clothes fit, can now fit into tshirts ive never been able to fit into again!

However i still feel like shit all the time.

Then i got a cold/man flu and craved lots of shitty food so put a few pounds back on again.

So for step 3 i want to do some excersise and im also giving up DIET drinks i.e (pepsi, coke etc) as aparently Aspartame is really bad for you and can cause alot of the symptoms i suffer from (fatigue malaise etc) So as of Monday im on a 60day break from the stuff even tho i am honestly addicted to the stuff and cant get to 11am without having a pepsi

I have Gym membership but rarely go, when i do i use the cross trainer and do 20mins spats of 2min jog 2min sprint. (HIT?) i will do a few mins on the bike and then do some weights.
But i realise i know nothing about fitness etc.....

What would the Cardio gurus of CS reccomend? I have thought about doing the spartan workout coupled with cardio at the gym?

Basically want to be trim and healthy maybe even toned, not looking to take roids and look like a Cuunt

Ideas/sketches/u2us/thoughts/discussions

[Edited on 04-04-2009 by Jambo]
Joe

4th Apr 09 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think you are sexy as you are

x
SVM 286

4th Apr 09 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cycling and swimming are excellent for maintaining your body weight and fitness levels Jam without getting bored. They are low impact so don't ruin your joints.

How much you weighing in at the mo mate?
John

4th Apr 09 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm about 5'10 and just under 12 stone Jambo

I regurarly have ideas to get fit then can't be bothered.

I have played 5's every saturday for the last 3 weeks though and can definitely feel a benefit already, I play regularly but not normally every week.

I find 5's good because you can't just quit when you get knackered, you have to push through it.
Russ

4th Apr 09 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joe

x
Jambo

4th Apr 09 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldnt fixate on weight toooo much John, as everyone is different even if you are the same height etc (huge head maybe)

As said i dont want to be superbuff or owt, but wouldnt mind not dying before im 30

Edited to say i wasnt being sarcastic with the huge head thing ,i genuinely meant it as some people have larger craniums that others

[Edited on 04-04-2009 by Jambo]
John

4th Apr 09 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Naa I look like a fat badger , I couldn't care less what I weigh.

Cutting out the shit helps massively.

I go for a pint of water now instead of a can of coke.
Paul_J

4th Apr 09 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

+1 Rep for mentioning me in title.

I hear you about the diet Pepsi, I practically live off the stuff. I've also heard the horror stories on it... Technically it shouldn't be bad for you, but reading the stuff online about the other ingredients it's a bit

What weight were you before you started gaining weight / what is your goal weight?

I was around 10 stone to 10 stone 3 for quite a while, then in my exams put on some weight, and when I went travelling came back 12 stone something ... I put some effort in and have got down to 10 stone 12 again, but to be honest I just can't be arsed with the gym / diet crap now.

I could probably tell you some stuff that'd lose you a stone in 2 weeks, but it's so mind numbingly dull to do, it takes too much will power. I used to be able to find the drive, but these days I just can't be arsed.
Jambo

4th Apr 09 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im a vein woman so i get really depressed when i put on weight (-10 Epoints)

Ive always drank enough water, i just drink pepsi too Aparently the aspartame in it turns to Formaldahyde In your blood etc

When i was 21 i weighed 9 1/2 stone Was a reet skinny runt. Was a fatty and am now somewhere around normal, but bits jiggle too much when i land

As said Paul im not fixating on the weight, more on my appearence in the mirror and how my clothes fit. As i have clothes that i couldnt fit into, then i could but it was a squeeze etc, just want ot be fit and slightly toned.

Ive read a few things online, but as with most internet forums it all turns into a squabble after 5posts
SVM 286

4th Apr 09 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do what I do Jam, buy bigger clothes.

Costs a bloody fortune though.
jacko198

4th Apr 09 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was the same with diet coke, drank wayyyyyy to much of it. But stopped for ages, now whenever i drink it my stomach goes seriously dodgy if you get me.

Cycling is very good exercise, a few years ago i lost 2 stone in 6 weeks (summer holidays). Safe to say i was ill for a few months after, but that was because i wouldnt eat, just ride all day, then have my tea when i got back.
Jambo

4th Apr 09 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i started doing that Jimbob but it got too expensive and i couldnt find ones i liked as im a fussy so and so.

Ill go weigh myself after ive had this big poo
Matt H

4th Apr 09 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do it before too
SVM 286

4th Apr 09 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, then you'll know whether you're doing high density or low density ones.
Jambo

4th Apr 09 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok *****runs cross legged to get scales
DizzyRebel

4th Apr 09 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

weight isnt an issue or as guideline. im 5ft 8 but 13st 4lbs and according to the wii im clinically obese yet theres not much fat on me at all.

If you want to loose weight and lead a healthier lifestyle:

Limit junk food intake or alcohol to weekends only.

Stop drinking fruit juices and pops etc. water, milk, tea or coffee are the only things you should drink.

lower your carbohydrate intake, and switch to wholegrain stuff whrrever possible if you just cant kick the habbits.

Eat more protein, include it with every meal. eat more green veg and a little fruit too - dont eat carbs later than 2-3pm

try to eat 6 smaller meals instead of 3 large ones and NEVER skip breakfast.

Walk more, park further away from the door of the supermarket when you go shopping, take stairs instead of elavators. just little things to up your activity rate.

and do 3 10-15 minute HIIT cardio sessions at the gym. The tempo is 30 seconds jog, 30 seconds sprint and do it for no more than 15 minutes at a time.
Jambo

4th Apr 09 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Carbs are good for you though I dont mean like tons of it, but you use carbs to burn the fat dont you??

I park a 15min walk from work so do 30mins walking per day 5days a week, the odd leasuirely walk and i always park far away at supermarkets as i take up two spaces in the wanker mobile

Breakfast is a hard one, i usall have a granola bar, but im always up late so its hard to catch it.
Jambo

4th Apr 09 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Put on a fair bit this week!

11st 12 before poo and wee
11st 11 1/2 afterwards
micra_pete
Premium Member

4th Apr 09 at 19:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joe

x

+2
Jambo

4th Apr 09 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Joe, Russ and Pete xmuahx

Seany

4th Apr 09 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

interval training is where its at for weight loss,
I'm in the same position as you jambo, exept i'm heavier and i dont have a choice about cutting out foods. (allergic to peanuts all of a sudden)
in the last two weeks ive lost a stone by cutting out all the crap and doing split interval training. 20 mins on the treadmill, run 1 minute jog 1 minute repeat. then rowing machine quick paced then slow paced. im also doing alot of weights which burn calories longer into the day than cardio does so ive been told
Jay

4th Apr 09 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is exactly what I'm trying to do at the moment, kicked myself up the arse last week and started doing something about it, will have to try that 1 minute run 1 minute jog thing. My main problem is food, I'm the worst fussy eater ever, I just cant seem to eat healthily, any ideas?? I'm 5ft10 and currently 12st7, have sat at this wieght for about 3 years, havent moved up or down.

[Edited on 04-04-2009 by JayM]
Ben G

4th Apr 09 at 23:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

5'10'' and 12stone 6 and your worried aout looking fat

i'm 2 inches taller and 2 pounds heavier and everyone calls me skinny
dannymccann

5th Apr 09 at 06:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People seem to call me skinny too, im 6ft and vary between 13st - 14st I guess they dont see the horrors underneath my clothes though

BELLY'S GONNA GET YA!

Its already got me
mk4_astra

5th Apr 09 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont solely go on your weight.

ive been weight training for about 4 years now and have put on around 4 stone and am now 14.2 stone at 5 foot 9.

by no means am i over weight at all as most of it is muscle although due to gaining my mass naturally its been through dieting and i have gained some fat.

if im honest with you jambo there is no half arsed way you can do this im afraid, you MUST kick out all the crisps, soda etc( i cant remember the last time i had a can of coke or packet of crisps) and start eating small, regular meals that are 1/3 protein(tuna,chicken,turkey,eggs, some red meat etc)1/3 complex carbs(brown rice, potatoes, brown pasta etc) and 1/3 veg or salad.

i am now aiming to lose around 1.5 stone to get nice and ripped for the summer.

now my training routine for the summer is abit extreme for some people as it involves going at least 5 times a week (3X weight training sessions and 2-3 cardio sessions at 1 hour a go) but you should be aiming at atleat 3 times a week with a mixture of weights and cardio and with a good diet you will drop your bodyfat and gain some muscle to allow a nice toned look for the summer, its not easy but can be done if you really want it

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Health Day: Fitness routine Warning Paul_J style essay thread 22 database queries in 0.0156021 seconds