corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » G20 Death - Video etc..

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author G20 Death - Video etc..
Nismo

User status: Offline
8th Apr 09 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://video.msn.com/video.aspx?mkt=en-GB&vid=81738ca0-67a6-4526-9e67-ad2552d8705c&from=homepage_carousel

I hope the copper goes down big time!
Neo

8th Apr 09 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why ?
drunkenfool

8th Apr 09 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for abusing his power and beating an innocent person in the street from behind maybe?
andy1868

8th Apr 09 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pushing someone over is hardly beating them is it?
Brett
Premium Member

8th Apr 09 at 11:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by andy1868

He was supposedly hit with the baton as well. Video is better on Guardian site.
Aaron

8th Apr 09 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by andy1868

I heard he also got hit as well as being pushed over.
andy1868

fair enough
Sam
Premium Member

Did the guy die of a heart attack or just being beaten up (or both)?
dannymccann

8th Apr 09 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If he had pissed off out the way and let them do their job he might not have got hurt. Having said that it did look a tad OTT, and he looked very dodgy the way he walking around, hands in pockets very slowly....

Plus theres no evidence (yet) that him being pushed led to the heart attack that killed him, for all we know it was going to happen anyway
Brett
Premium Member

8th Apr 09 at 11:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be fair, the guy does look like he's being slightly cocky. Who'd have thought pushing someone over would lead to a heart attack.
andy1868

8th Apr 09 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just had a look on the guardian site. he gets hit in the leg with a baton. standard procedure is it not?

regardless, i agree it seemed abit harsh, the guy was being passive aggressive at best
Cosmo

8th Apr 09 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If he got hit as well then fine, but if its just whats on that video there than I dont see the problem.

Ive no doubt they were telling him to get a move on and get out the way, and he was obviously taking the piss walking slow with his hands in his pockets so Id of pushed him out the way too.
l15ter

8th Apr 09 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for once the police are actually doing being pussys.
but to be fair if that was someone of the general public pushing that guy infront of police officers, would that person get away with pushing somone over?
Daimo B

8th Apr 09 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has anyone actually read the storey??

Why was the bloke there??

He was WALKING home from work just down the road, was not part of the protest at all, had his hands in his pockets (so non threatening) and was walking away from police.

So that gives them right to wack him and push him over yeah??????
Neo

8th Apr 09 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bloke that got pushed over was being a cock, the dog would have taken his leg and the policemen pushed him to move him on.

If you really want a PC state where not even the police are able to use force to control a situation then we will have anarchy.

If he had moved on when the police said, if he hadnt had his hands in his pockets being an arrogant cunt he wouldnt have fallen over and wouldnt have gotten hurt.

Agreed seems excessive push from behind, but being hit in the leg with a baton is standard practice.
Paul_J

8th Apr 09 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Neo
Bloke that got pushed over was being a cock, the dog would have taken his leg and the policemen pushed him to move him on.

what the fuck?

Mate... the bloke who got pushed over and died, works in london and was trying to walk home... however every way he went he was getting stopped by police who were refusing him to leave... He wasn't a protester.

As you see there he's walking along (away from the police) when he gets hit like that and knocked over. How was that reasonable?

Why do you jump to the conclusion he was being a cock?
Joe

8th Apr 09 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I had that many policemen with dogs behind me, I certainly wouldn't be casually strolling away with my hands in my pockets.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

8th Apr 09 at 11:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The guy who died actually worked at leadenhall market in the city at the news agent, known for being a complete piss head most of his life. Spoke to a cafe owner on the train this morning who knew him very well and apparently he cleaned himself up over the last couple of years, not suprised he had a heart attack.
willay
Premium Member

8th Apr 09 at 11:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also the road he collasped on was Cornhill which is just across the road from Leadenhall market, so his story of just going home checks out. I saw the protests that day and the police were being heavy handed from the start.
Daimo B

8th Apr 09 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joe
If I had that many policemen with dogs behind me, I certainly wouldn't be casually strolling away with my hands in my pockets.

But he wasn't doing anything wrong so why should he feel the need to be pressured?

They are quick to say "why you running away" so when you don't and are being a legal citizen, just in the wrong place, that gives them the right to hit him, then push him over.

Theres pushing someone to move them, and pushing someone to knock them down. Copper done the latter for no reason whatsoever.
Joe

8th Apr 09 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Obviously no-one knows what was said, but I'd imagine at some point the police would have told him to get out the way. Even so, I'd be moving out of their way whether they wanted me to or not.

Anyway, no-one knows for certain so I'll expect a long thread with a lot of ifs, buts and maybes.
willay
Premium Member

8th Apr 09 at 11:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

police are cunts joe, they were cunts on the 1st of april.
Daimo B

8th Apr 09 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How can he move out of the way?

Left - buidling wall.
Right - main road, and a building wall
In front - thousands of protestors
Behined - Line of riot police.

Ahh, invisibility, thats right.

He's done nothing wrong, and shouldn't need to be forced by police.
DannyB
Premium Member

8th Apr 09 at 11:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From what I saw the police man whacks him with the batton across the back of the leg then pushes him. The guy was causing no threat, walking home from work. But on the same hand who knows, he could have been taunting the police.

[Edited on 08-04-2009 by DannyB]
ryzer

8th Apr 09 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

absolutely disgusting this is, the bloke was not confronting the police, he was attacked from behind, while walking away, no matter how bloody slowly you dont just shove someone out the way, theres better ways to do it. the police were clearly acting like thugs and deserve the book thrown at them, they have to be a PERFECT example of how to behave, no exceptions. and this behaviour is completely unacceptable.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » G20 Death - Video etc.. 22 database queries in 0.2835672 seconds