corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My 1.6 sport project

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My 1.6 sport project
ste_p23

User status: Offline
   9th Apr 09 at 23:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello everyone this is the start of my 1.6 sport project thread that i have not had time to copy from another site so here goes.

Ive been banging on about whether to get a new car for ages and i did I found a nice clean corsa 1.6 Sport that was in good condition so i went and bought it. The car cost is very clean and tidy and has new new brakes fitted allround which is a bonus. The only downside is i need another key from vauxhall and also some plonker has actully superglued the seals of the sunroof down so it wont open .

Pictures of my new buy below!

[Edited on 09-04-2009 by ste_p23]
Adam C
Premium Member

9th Apr 09 at 23:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks rather tidy, whats the plans?

My Arden Blue Astra GSi MK4 on BBS LM's Project Thread
ste_p23

9th Apr 09 at 23:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just a quick one to let you guys know ive done abit of work on the car over the weekend inbetween working. Ive taken the sun roof of and found that it was just a leaky seal that needs replacing so why it was glued down? Well thats another question for another day. Ive set to work getting the glue off the roof so ill post some pictures when its done and let you all see the differance Heres a quick one of the car with no sunroof lol.

ste_p23

9th Apr 09 at 23:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyway just another quick update to let you all know that ive managed to get all the glue of my roof and ive also debadged the back of my car. The next plans are to service the car on and fit my new cam kit and possibly a new air filter and induction kit.

Pictures of my hard work below .

ste_p23

9th Apr 09 at 23:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just a quick update for you all i was busy stripping down my back brakes last nite and greasing them all up as you will see below. I also managed to trace a new sunroof from a breakers yard near me so i will be popping that in over the weekend hopefully. Ive done a full service on the car and fitted the new cambelt kit (Which really tested my nerves) but i do need to go back to vauxhall today and get a new crankshaft pulley bolt and an auxillary drive belt

The pictures are below i didnt see the need to post two sets of pictures as im sure you all know what brakes look like

[Edited on 09-04-2009 by ste_p23]
ste_p23

9th Apr 09 at 23:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello again just an update ive managed to get a new sunroof and put it it i was looking at replacing the leakey seals's on the old one but i was told it would be a very diffucult job so i got a friend to keep an eye out for one and its all in and cleaned up. There is a little paint bubble on it but im pleased with it compared to how it was before.

Next plans are finish off putting my new timing belt on and the induction kit then im buying some eibach Shox pro dampers and putting on my induction kit

The sun roof back to its former glory

Ive manged to fit the K And N induction kit that i bought so there is a picture below for you all Next thing to be done is to order the Eibach Shocks and fit them Ill keep you all update as i go along!

ste_p23

10th Apr 09 at 00:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey everyone ive not had much work done to the car this past few weeks as ive been mega busy with lots of different things. Ive just Re ordered my Eibach Dampers as Demon Tweaks messed up the whole order and sent me Nova springs (Wont be using them again :lol

However last week i did make a 300 mile trip to go and pick up an Irmscher front splitter i had won off the old ebay. Obviosuly its going to be sprayed black but i though id post a couple of pictures to keep you all in the know. Ill keep you updated as i go along

ste_p23

10th Apr 09 at 00:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just another little update my dampers have come and i have the fronts fitted once the rears are fitted at the weekend i will post a before/After pick so you can all see the differance.

Ive managed to but my front and rear eibach springs on and also the front and rear dampers so its looking abit lower now which is good. I couldnt get a decent picture because i had very limited room where i was working but i shall post a before and after pik to keep you all updated.

ste_p23

10th Apr 09 at 00:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The next part of my project is now focusing on the inside of the car. The first thing that needed to be done was the dash and surround taking out as it was a horrible grey colour. Im gona swap it over with the dash surround in my Sxi which is black and has the chromed dials. Ive also just ordered some White lockwood dials and some blue Leds so i shall let you know how it looks when i get them.

My Dash at the moment.

The horrible grey surround.

Dash Ready to be stripped down.

I now have my lockwood dials in with my blue LEDS and they look good the top of the dials are abit dark as you cant get a bulb up there but heres the piks

Ive started to take apart the MFD and replace all the bulbs with blue LEDS and also all the switches around it heres how it looks at the moment. I'll post some pictures of the finished peice .

Heres the centre console fully re-Built with blue Leds ive also put chromed heater vents in just to liven things up.

ste_p23

10th Apr 09 at 00:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The next stage of the project............

The doors where then stripped down on either side of the car.

The door handles where replaced with the vectra chromed handles.

The scuttle panel was then taken off so i could line my new smoothed scuttle panel up.

Then out came the old lights front and rear then went in the angles eyes and my new slatted grill (Just held down atm)

The scuttle panel and the splitter that are getting sprayed.

As it was getting late was feeling the pace the wheels came off and all the brakes where cleaned and painted.

ste_p23

10th Apr 09 at 00:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just a little update i met up with paul to collect these yesterday. Im gona put them on the car and see how they look im abit unsure about them tbh so they may be back up for sale soon

Right ive put my wheels on and im happy with them so they are not for sale anymore Sorry its not the best pic but thought id share the look with you.

In the new year im gona laquer them to make them nice and shiny. Also im not keeping the opel centre caps there going to be replaced with vauxhall ones and maybe the griffin outlined in red

ste_p23

10th Apr 09 at 00:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive been busy over the new year and ive managed to put my up rated speakers in and dynamatt both doors and get it all back together! And yes i am aware the drivers side is upside down! I have also uprated my rear speakers aswell!

Drivers side door!

Passenger side door!

Rear speakers!

After this was done the car was jacked up and the mudflaps where put on and the rear lights where put in i know there not to everyones taste but i like them

When the car was back on the ground i took the seats out so that my calibra leathers can be cleaned up and put in! Ive also found out they they are heated so im rather happy!

ste_p23

10th Apr 09 at 00:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just a quick update to let you know that my soft stars after i had a long and hard think and realised the black sxi wheels werent right for the car
have arrived.

Ive had them wrapped in some yokohoma 195/45 low profile tyres im gona get them on the car later and post come pics but heres the soft stars for now

The Soft stars on my very dirty and dusty car

Another quick update for all you hardcore thread fans! On friday abit of work was done on the car the first thing that was done was the front and rear number plates where taken off.

Rear

Front

As im having a custom made boot build in i decided it would be a good idea to invest in a decent battery so i got a brand new ford mondeo diseal battery of a scrapper my mate pulled in at his work. The battery wouldnt fit directly into the tray so the tray had to be ground down.

After the battery was put in my old stereo was taken out and the wires where run through the car to the boot and also the heated seat cover plate was put on.

Switches

Wiring

The calibra leathers where also put in and the passenger side was wired up to the heated seat switch however they do need a good clean and i have a touch up kit to get them looking like new. Im also having the orginal corsa rear seats re trimmed in black leather to match instead of butchering cally leathers.

ste_p23

10th Apr 09 at 01:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Heya all no pictures to update you with any real progress as ive been mad busy and not had time to work on the car. However i have purchased an irmy rear spoiler with the built in high level brake light. Im going to be looking to get all my external parts colour coded in the next two weeks so fingers crossesd the car should have progressed. Im still working on the inside of the car and making slow progress the latest update can be seen below which was taking my alarm out of my curent car so that it can be fitted to the new one

just a quick upate on the progress of the project. Ive spent most the time wiring really the alarm from my old corsa has been wired up and so have the irmy foglights connections and also some blue strip lights for the foot wells. Obviously wiring takes a while to do as it really does need to be spot on will keep you updated on the build as i go but the next stage is really to finish off the inside of the car ( rear seats and boot build)

Evening guys and girls last time i posted progress has been slow and its the same really due to lack of time and funds but i do have a small update.I have had various items such as my irmy splitter,irmy rear spoilers, smoothed scuttle panel sprayed black and i will get them back asap and get them fitted to the car. In the mean time ive been abit busy ive gone for a carbon fibre look inside the car (Not full on over the top just to break down the black trim) and under the bonnet.

The first is an inlet manifold to help the car "Breath" im also looking at getting the head skimmed and new cams and a remap to see the best and maybe some 2 litre brakes.Should hopefully see around the 140BHP mark with live mapping.

Piky of the inlket manifold Im considering having this carbon fibered aswell)

Im also looking at re trimming my roof lining in black
ste_p23

10th Apr 09 at 01:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right just another little update for you i have now had my smoothed scuttle panel sprayed black to match the car

The scuttle panel is an aftermarket one so that was also a pain to fit. Aswell as that it got scratched abit in the corner when it was put on ive not just discovered due to the fact it doesnt sit right because its after market the windscreen washer bases are scratching into it

Anyway after the moan about it here is a piccy of it fitted.

Right another update for you all today the front bumper was taken off as shown below.

Once the front bumper came off a horn from an Astra G was fitted along side with my standard one to make it sound abit less wimpy.

After this was done the irmscher foglights where fitted. This invlolved cutting into the bumper and screwing the fitting brakets in for the lights to be mounted as shown below.

Once the irmscher fog lights where fitted the irmy splitter was then fitted and it was all put back together. I will get some pictures of it all working when the battery is charged properly.

All in all the car is getting there slowly but progress has been slow and it doesnt help working on the inside then out etc back and forth when waiting for various parts etc etc.

This is how the car stands of the 10/04/09.

More pictures will be taken of the car as it progresses

Any comments welcome

[Edited on 10-04-2009 by ste_p23]
*JonnyG*

10th Apr 09 at 01:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wish all updates, where as fast as that.
gez bay

10th Apr 09 at 08:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks the same as my corsa when it had the irmsher kit on it same lights too lol
ste_p23

10th Apr 09 at 09:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by *JonnyG*
I wish all updates, where as fast as that.

Me too
ste_p23

17th Apr 09 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Evening all just another little update for you all

Tonight the car has my carbon fibre parts fiited and also the irmy rear spoiler has fit the car nice and snug with a little bit of effort

My following plans for the car are:-

Put my re trimmed leather seats in when they come.

Add my irmy pedals.

Carbon fibre the MFD top the ashtray the door mirror pods and the gearknob surround.

Built my boot build.

Colour code all the exterior plastics.

Fit my inlet manifold and find a 421 manifold.

Fit the GSI rep skirts.

The pictures are below.

Fogs and angel eyes

Irmy rear spoiler

Carbon fibre centre console

Driver side door handle

Passenger side door handle

Any comments welcome as allways!

marklawton

17th Apr 09 at 23:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

very nice, were did you get the carbon from?
adz_gsi

18th Apr 09 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well nice car there but only thing id remove is irmy fogs as they dont look right to me but its your car and i admire that it looks different.
ste_p23

18th Apr 09 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by marklawton
very nice, were did you get the carbon from?

I got the parts from a lad in manchester who had them on ebay and i think they have been done by DIMG on here

I know most people prefer the Gsi fogs but like you said its abit different
ste_p23

22nd Apr 09 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just a small update I can now confirm that I am having the following parts carbon fibred.

Ash tray.
MFD clock pod covering.
Pair of plastic mirror surrounds.
Gearstick console.
Surround for the heated seat switches.

I will kleep you all updated as i go along
ste_p23

6th May 09 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Evening all just thought id update you on my car abit more I now have had my leather rear seats back and they look spot on so they have gone in as you can see below.

I know the bench to the right needs abit of tweaking to make it level but im happy with them.

I also took a 250 round mile trip to go and pick this up

Thats my new exhaust manifold taken care off and its a brand new janspeed 4-2-1.

Ive also had these turn up in the post so i need to pop them on.

Any comments welcome as allways!
am4nf

6th May 09 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks really clean mate,

how much did the irmy splitter set you back if you dont mind me asking?

not a fan of either of your lights btw, but the fronts are semi bareable

get some smoked mhw's and itl be spot on, also the softstars are sooooo much better than the sxi's

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My 1.6 sport project 24 database queries in 0.0186889 seconds