corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » I Hate Life!

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author I Hate Life!
bigdan

User status: Offline
16th Apr 09 at 23:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm training to be a panel beater so here it goes
work is a pisstake not getting to even work on cars and not done it for the past 2 month , the college wont do fuck all about it they just tell me to look for another place but no other place will take me on with the money i have to be paid by law, im no where near finishing my nvq work off because i cant get the chance to so i will be getting kicked off my apprenticeship. they fucked up on my last wages and short handed me over £300 and said it will be on next months wages.

want to go on the doors but aint got the money for my licence for another 2 weeks. skint already. parents keep getting onto me saying its money in my pocket and not to pack in just stick it out until i eventually find another garage

anyone else wanna tell me how shit there life is and we can compare

[Edited on 16-04-2009 by bigdan]
bigdan

16th Apr 09 at 23:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh yeah and im burying a good mate of mine tomorrow
sand-eel

17th Apr 09 at 00:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Life is quite often really shit, its just the way it is
flybikeslee

17th Apr 09 at 00:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could be worse, always think of that,
alan-g-w

17th Apr 09 at 07:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Life's a big shit sandwich and we've all got to take a bite.

Thing's will get better.
l15ter

17th Apr 09 at 08:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a job at the end of the day, apperenticeships arent going to be easy and you do have to start at the bottom of the chain and prove yourself to them.
alan-g-w

17th Apr 09 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by flybikeslee

OT, but links to pics of your car with the new wheels on?
Cosmo

17th Apr 09 at 08:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your parents are right, jobs are in short supply at the moment and better to have one with money coming in than none and not many out there.

Have a word with the boss and make it clear you arent happy and see what he says. Have another word with the college and make it clear you arent going to get anywhere near completing the NVQ work due to it and see what they say - take it above the person who didnt give much of a shit last time if needs be.

Maybe, and only if you can afford it, look at moving to another garage and accepting very little pay to get experience - and get a night job stacking shelves or something.
Tommy L

17th Apr 09 at 08:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can't expect to be thrown in straight away and start working on customers cars as at the end of the day they are still trying to run a business and they can't have apprentices ruining cars and costing them more money.
DizzyRebel

17th Apr 09 at 09:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was lke that last year at markham moore. they paid me less than minimum wage for the first 6 months and with that i had to drive a 40 mile round trip to work every day etc and when i said i cant afford to go to work anymore they said i was living beyond my means and should sell my car and buy a moped to do the trip on. Fucking clothing salesman who had become service managers were trying to tell me my job and how i was doing it wrong (5 years aprilia factory trained technician) and got a bollocking for not washing cups up at the end of the day even though i was making the place the majority of its money. Ended up getting made redundant and even though ive been out of work for 4 months im happier than being there.

No point doing a job you dont like, its demoralising and kills you as a person. Best thing to do is fuck it off, esp if they are treating you as a gopher and not training you to do your job.

Get yourself out of there and apply for other placings, it might take a while but do you put a small amount of money before your happiness?
l15ter

17th Apr 09 at 09:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea just do what dizzyrebel said, live in a dream world, but really you would just become a bum
Daimo B

17th Apr 09 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bigdan
I'm training to be a panel beater so here it goes
work is a pisstake not getting to even work on cars and not done it for the past 2 month , the college wont do fuck all about it they just tell me to look for another place but no other place will take me on with the money i have to be paid by law, im no where near finishing my nvq work off because i cant get the chance to so i will be getting kicked off my apprenticeship. they fucked up on my last wages and short handed me over £300 and said it will be on next months wages.

want to go on the doors but aint got the money for my licence for another 2 weeks. skint already. parents keep getting onto me saying its money in my pocket and not to pack in just stick it out until i eventually find another garage

anyone else wanna tell me how shit there life is and we can compare

[Edited on 16-04-2009 by bigdan]

Sitaution sucks, but your parents are right about the job.

And remember, however bad life is, it isn't really that bad. I put things into perspective by remember the kids I used to help, who had been beaten by their families, those that were not wanted by their parents and had no hope in life other than the training and help we were providing.

So think of the big picture. Life sucks, but you ahve a job, a roof over your head, i'll bet you go out with friends and have a car...

That makes you infinatly more happy than someone who has nothing and has had real hardship in life, so really, consider yourself lucky not to be one of thse unfortunate kids.
Butler

17th Apr 09 at 10:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With all respect ive been saying that to years and forever trying to appreciate what I have, unfortunately its only human nature to take what we have for granted.
DizzyRebel

17th Apr 09 at 10:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When apprentice wage is only £10 a week more than the dole i fail to see why anyone would stay in a placement if they are being treated like a cunt and not even learning the job they applied for.

Plus panel beating is a very low paid job considering how much works involved in it. id swap trades while your still young enough and train to do somehing where you can be your own boss.

Chumps work a 9-5 till their 65 earning a mediocre wage to fund a meaningless mediocre life. Dreamers often chase the dream and acheive more in 10 years than the average person would in a lifetime.

Do a job that allows you to do plenty of cash jobs and eventually allows you to become your own boss. The only way to make real money in life is to work for yourself.
Daimo B

17th Apr 09 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Butler
With all respect ive been saying that to years and forever trying to appreciate what I have, unfortunately its only human nature to take what we have for granted.

Sometimes you need to kick back and think. Life really isn't that bad.

I mean for a start, he's online, on a comuter, with a wealth of information at his fingertips.

Many of the people in this country who need help, don't. They don't have a car, computer, nor the best social skills due to a terrible up-bringing.

Theres always someone far worse off. Like those that can't eat, or those that come home to a serious beating due to a drunk dad/mum......

Makes me appreciate what i've got a lot lot more.
Ian W

17th Apr 09 at 10:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was in your positon when I was bout 20, stuck it out for a good while with the worlds worst boss in a shit hole of a garage.

Never wanted to quit as I think people walk away from jobs to easy but eventually enough was enough. Got out of Panel Beating and went to work in IT.

Best thing I ever did tbh
Butler

17th Apr 09 at 10:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:
Originally posted by Butler

Sometimes you need to kick back and think. Life really isn't that bad.

I mean for a start, he's online, on a comuter, with a wealth of information at his fingertips.

Many of the people in this country who need help, don't. They don't have a car, computer, nor the best social skills due to a terrible up-bringing.

Theres always someone far worse off. Like those that can't eat, or those that come home to a serious beating due to a drunk dad/mum......

Makes me appreciate what i've got a lot lot more.

Best policy, I live by the say ing 'things could always be worse', and its true, however bad things are.
DizzyRebel

17th Apr 09 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theres always somone worse, but dont take that as a sign to accept what you alread have. Always strive to be better than yourself. 'never be afraid of progressing slowly, only be afraid of standing still'
Marc

17th Apr 09 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had the same problem with my NVQ work as the firm I worked for did very limited fabrication.

My college superviser (That one that visits you) suggested I made entries for every job/task I undertook and as long as I was thorough with my explanations it would be acceptable.

All we made were oil/petrol tanks and a few componants that went with them. We had to put 25 entries in to our NVQ log books and I thought I wouldn't get anywhere near that at first. In the end I managed to do 35 entries, every welding job I did, prep work and college test pieces were added in to the log book with in depth explanations about the task under took.
DizzyRebel

17th Apr 09 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My portfolio has been used by REMIT themselves as a showpeice to show potential clients what is acheivable and persude employers that it is the standards they work to. Not many people can say they did that good on their apprenticship

As long as you know your job, take an interest into it and realise that bullshit baffles brains then you can excell in just about every aspect of work based learning. I was just lucky that im that fucking good at my job lol but its possible to aspire to be like me lol!
paul.mitchell1984

17th Apr 09 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

seems shit, but tbh i wouldnt give up the job if your skint, lok at the current climate and how many people cant get jobs....your more lucky than some
Russ

17th Apr 09 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if it makes you feel any better, i love my life, couldnt be better
Lynny

17th Apr 09 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DizzyRebel
The only way to make real money in life is to work for yourself.

Making 'real money' isnt important. I'm on a fairly low paid job but absolutly love it, get excited about a monday morning, and dont actually see it as work now TBH. In my job I can push to get high up into a VERY well paid job, but I'd rather not as I know I wont enjoy it as much as I am now, if I do, then I still have the job security that you dont get working for yourself
Dave86

17th Apr 09 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Chumps work a 9-5 till their 65 earning a mediocre wage to fund a meaningless mediocre life

im sure thats outta film, Goodfellas maybe?
flybikeslee

17th Apr 09 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
quote:
Originally posted by flybikeslee

OT, but links to pics of your car with the new wheels on?

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=425024

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » I Hate Life! 22 database queries in 0.0132301 seconds