corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Job day

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Job day
JadeM
Premium Member

User status: Offline
21st Apr 09 at 15:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I started a new job at the begining of the year, a more secure job with an annual salary increase of 6k

Yesterday completely out the blue, one of the line managers asked to speak to me in the office

I was offered a temporary promotion with an additional 4.5k annual increase, hopefully becoming a permanant post in the near future I was over the moon!

But...................today you could cut the atmosphere in the office with a knife Looks like some of the others have taken the hump because I've been offered the post over them

I can understand in a way, they've all been here a lot longer than me, but what did they expect me to do - turn it down incase I offended any of them. I get on with them all really well too, dont want this to cause a rift in the department Should I try to ignore it, or maybe it would be best if I go in tomorrow and ask outright if I've done anything to upset any of them?

DannyB
Premium Member

21st Apr 09 at 15:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck them, they would do the same in your position. If they don't like it, tough. It's a Dog eat dog world.
Cavey

21st Apr 09 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
Fuck them, they would do the same in your position. If they don't like it, tough. It's a Dog eat dog world.

What he said, gotta look out for yourself in this climate really
Ben J

21st Apr 09 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly what I was going to say. Its their tough luck if they didn't get it. Its not your fault that you are obviously better than them. Don't mention it just be normal and nice to them etc. Tbh they need to grow up.

Just don't rub their noses in it.

Tbh you will need the extra money to pay for Colin's fuel bill.

[Edited on 21-04-2009 by Ben J]
C2RL R

screw them, you are hardly going to say no to an extra 4.5k. anyone who says they would is a liar. i'd have a word and explain that you can see they are upset but they would take it if offered. leave it at that though. don't give them chance to bitch at you.
_Allan_

Ask outright, if anyone can't confer their feelings in adult manner is not worth bothering with anyway tbh. To be funny with you or bitchy behind your back is childish. I'd at least be able to say to someone yeah I was a bit gutted you got chosen over myself and I'm a little annoyed, it's hardly that persons fault is it if the decision came from elsewhere. Tell them to take it up with the line manager .

Congrats anyway

[Edited on 21-04-2009 by _Allan_]
mattk

21st Apr 09 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

exactly the words I were thinking while I was reading the original post

[Edited on 21-04-2009 by mattk]
JadeM
Premium Member

21st Apr 09 at 15:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
Exactly what I was going to say. Its their tough luck if they didn't get it. Its not your fault that you are obviously better than them. Don't mention it just be normal and nice to them etc. Tbh they need to grow up.

Just don't rub their noses in it.

Tbh you will need the extra money to pay for Colin's fuel bill

[Edited on 21-04-2009 by Ben J]

He's nooooo chance.................... of course that could change if he adds me to the insurance
JadeM
Premium Member

21st Apr 09 at 15:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks guys, think I'll go in tomorrow and see how things are and take it from there
Xs

21st Apr 09 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck them, dont say a word you've done nothing wrong! Obviously they think you are best to fill the position so its not your fault.

What is it you do to bet getting all these pay increases? Where do I sign up?
Rob R

21st Apr 09 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Know how you feel. I was offered the job of clerical team leader at a new depot over clerks that had been there 4 or 5 years longer than I had. My attitude was it's not my fault I was better suited for the job then they was. There's no way I'd ever turn down promotion just because of a few people getting the hump because they're not good enough for the role.
JadeM
Premium Member

21st Apr 09 at 15:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haha you sound exactly like Colin Xs

I work for the Local Council, the 1st increase was due to the fact that my salary at my last job was a joke (administrator for a construction company) This new post is a higher position with quite a bit of responsibility

[Edited on 21-04-2009 by JadeM]
mwg

21st Apr 09 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

exactly my sentiments
JadeM
Premium Member

21st Apr 09 at 15:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob R
Know how you feel. I was offered the job of clerical team leader at a new depot over clerks that had been there 4 or 5 years longer than I had. My attitude was it's not my fault I was better suited for the job then they was. There's no way I'd ever turn down promotion just because of a few people getting the hump because they're not good enough for the role.

Yeh its not very pleasant is it? I've no intention of turning it down, its just put a real damper on it all. I was so pleased yesterday, then came into all this shit today
Hammer

21st Apr 09 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't believe you'd do that to your fellow co-workers
JadeM
Premium Member

21st Apr 09 at 15:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
I can't believe you'd do that to your fellow co-workers

Yeah I've got a hidden wicked streak in me
Daimo B

21st Apr 09 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

take the position.

Don't mention wages at all to anyone. None of their business.

It'll blow over, peopel will be initially p1ssed, but the way I see it, is if they have given you the position, than means all the others simply arn't good enough or don't put the effort in, so why SHOULD they get offered the role?

Lets it blow over, and if any individuals make an on going issue about it, report it via your managers. Do it the proper way, not the "what you would do on the streets".

It'll make you look even better, and them even worse.

Colin

21st Apr 09 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tell them all to go & take a good hard look at themselves in the mirror & ask why with what some of them with 10-20yrs experience working in the council didnt get asked to do the job. Because they must be doing something wrong that you after 3 months do right!!
Hammer

21st Apr 09 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Must......resist......posting......gives good head joke......
Colin

21st Apr 09 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its no joke mate she does

a_j_mair

21st Apr 09 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fuck em

congrats
Eck
Premium Member

21st Apr 09 at 16:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd walk in Tomorrow and say "Dinners' on me folks, as it appears I'll be making £375 more per month than all of you from now on "
*JonnyG*

21st Apr 09 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
I'd walk in Tomorrow and say "Dinners' on me folks, as it appears I'll be making £375 more per month than all of you from now on "

Hammer

21st Apr 09 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
Its no joke mate she does

Fair one
BluKoo

21st Apr 09 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are the rest ugly and fat?

I'd promote a pretty blonde over ugly and fat people without a second though.

Colin, watch out. Whoever is above jade right now making decisions, may soon be beneath her and taking orders

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Job day 22 database queries in 0.2034640 seconds