corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » If I were the Prime Minister...

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author If I were the Prime Minister...
nathy_87

User status: Offline
   20th May 09 at 09:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What would you do to make everyone happy? Forgetting everything like in the long run etc..

I would drop the petrol,
bring back the death penalty.
Get rid of the illegal immigrants/seeks

Edit: Matt L gave me an idea from what he said: With these disabilty claimers find out if they are actaully disabled and if not stop their disability and raise the benfits for people that are disabled.

[Edited on 20-05-2009 by 5dr corsa-3dr_polo]
Matt L

20th May 09 at 09:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Death penalty + empty the prisons and anyone who has been in caught doing something twice or more then they would be automatically killed.

lower petrol.

cut job seekers allowance (for people who have been on it for a year + longer) and generally cut most benifits to stop people being lazy badgers.

i would probably bring in a rule to eliminate chavs
mwg

20th May 09 at 09:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Come up with a better way to help get people on to the property ladder. The current system is flawed.
Neo

20th May 09 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cut jobs seekers for immigrants, ensure as many as possible uk citizens have a job, remove many benefits for people who have been on them for too long (apart from elderly and childcare etc)

Lower taxes on fuel but raise taxes on non essentials to counter balance it.

Death penalty for child molesters, murderers. Deport extremists to their original country.

Dunno what else really
mark_gsi

20th May 09 at 09:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

stop immigrants all together, lower fuel, lower tax's,
myke

20th May 09 at 09:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 5dr corsa-3dr_polo

Get rid of the illegal immigrants/seeks

Do you mean asylum seekers or Sihk's ?
Sihks are actually quite nice people from the little experience i've had of them.
micra_pete
Premium Member

20th May 09 at 09:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mark_gsi

and watch the country completely fall to pieces.

Id get rid of most of the benefit system personally.
mark_gsi

20th May 09 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by micra_pete
quote:
Originally posted by mark_gsi

and watch the country completely fall to pieces.

Id get rid of most of the benefit system personally.

well not to low, but id stop lots of benefits tho
Tommy L

20th May 09 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kill the jews

[Edited on 20-05-2009 by corsa_tomtom]
Toby
Premium Member

20th May 09 at 09:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for a start I would empty the isle of white and build a giant prision for the murders and peados and other sicko's. I would then put everyone in prison in here and let natural selection occur - thus decreasing the populations in prisons - cutting tax payers bills and gettint rid of scum. Also by doing this all the murders will then get the detah penalty for killing so emptying the prisons further and ending up in a nice circle to reduce scum and tax payer bills until Britain is a better place

[Edited on 20-05-2009 by CorsaB4ever]
Cosmo

20th May 09 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bring in a much tougher test (points system) so only the people we need get into the country. Id also make speaking English a must.

Lower taxes on fuel.

Totally change how the benefits system works. So if people want to claim then they can for a small period without anything given back, but after that period if they dont have a job then they'll clean streets, do the general shite that will clean the country up.

Id be much tougher on crime. Longer prison sentences for consistent offenders (3 strikes and you're out kind of thing), prision for lower offences that are currently only earning a fine or some shite like that. Id also man up the prisons - so no TV, no pool tables, old crappy bread and water, etc. etc.

Id tell the EU to fuck right off.
pow
Premium Member

20th May 09 at 10:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck the EU off, give the motorist a break.

I'd also like to sort out the benifits system. Give people two months grace from signing on to find a job, then they must clean the streets etc to earn their dole money.

[Edited on 20-05-2009 by pow]
taylorboosh

20th May 09 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would buy loads of huge houses and expensive un-needed items then claim the money back..................im really the only 1 in this thread capable of being a politicion
Daimo B

20th May 09 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same as some say really.

Decrease fuel tax
Benefits - People would have to work to get their benefits, a few hours community service. Individual cases of those who really couldn't work due to health issues would be more thoroughly investigated.

Tougher on petty crimes to discourage it.

I wouldn't bring back the death penalty, too many "wrongly blamed" cases IMO. I would introduce Lon-Term prisons for those serving life.

Life would mean life, not 20 years, which is reduced to 5 years after "good behaviour "

Immigrants are not the problem, lazy assed ignorent English are the problem. Why employ an english person who moans they have to work, for 8 hours a day, getting paid lots for it.... If I was a business owner, i'd damn well hire those who are gratefull of a job, get paid less, and don't whinge about it.

UK attitudes need to change.

Schooling, stronger harsher penalties from "problem" children.

Re-structure the entire pathetic excuese that is the NHS, make it more easily funded, and get rid of most of the waste staff who wanter round looking like idiots all day.

I'd increase the wages for Nurses, and firemen, and ambelance drivers. Probably increase police force funding too.

I'd implement more of those "flashey speed signs" coming into villages and towns as I believe those work better than a speed camera.

I'd build more motor-racing circuits and increase spending on sporting relations for all sports.

I'd increase the motorway speed limit to 90mph, lorries limiters to 70mph, and introduce a minimum speed limit on the motorways.

I would enforce a stricter exam for car licences.

Introduce a obligitory driving test for those at 50, then 60, then every 5 years after. Sorry old people, but some of you are a danger on the roads and wont admit it.

I could go on and on. But taxes on fags, and drink, would remain as these are luxery items.
Colin

20th May 09 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I was prime minister I would probably :

Claim for a new swimmng pool at No10.
Drive a roll's royce into it.
Phone the queen & tell her she's got a nice rack.
Shoot myself in the face.

micra_pete
Premium Member

20th May 09 at 10:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR

Immigrants are not the problem, lazy assed ignorent English are the problem. Why employ an english person who moans they have to work, for 8 hours a day, getting paid lots for it.... If I was a business owner, i'd damn well hire those who are gratefull of a job, get paid less, and don't whinge about it.

Cosmo

20th May 09 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
Introduce a obligitory driving test for those at 50, then 60, then every 5 years after. Sorry old people, but some of you are a danger on the roads and wont admit it.

I like that idea, but Id also make it for younger people too, say a test every year for the first 3yrs after you pass. Then a test every 10yrs.
Colin

20th May 09 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
Originally posted by VXR

I like that idea, but Id also make it for younger people too, say a test every year for the first 3yrs after you pass. Then a test every 10yrs.

My old man's in his mid 60's & drives very well.

Retest at 75 if you wish to continue driving!!
pow
Premium Member

20th May 09 at 10:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pha, fuck that, enforce the IAM on people
Cosmo

20th May 09 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin

He'll have no problems then!

I know what you mean, and a lot of people that age are perfectly fine drivers. But if it gets the odd few who are shocking off the roads then its worth it!
Colin

20th May 09 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
Pha, fuck that, enforce the IAM on people

It didnt stop you making a trip off road did it!?

I think the driving system just now is fine, possibly get a bit more relaxed on speeding in non-residential areas, get speed bumps tae fuck, they dont slow down mumsy in her 4x4 dropping the kids off. Make the penalty tougher if your speeding outside schools or shopping centres etc
Laney

20th May 09 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Re-write all laws based on common sense. Problem sorted.
Kurt

20th May 09 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd rebuild the Empire
Daimo B

20th May 09 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
Originally posted by VXR

Retest at 75 if you wish to continue driving!!

Which is fair enough, but the fact is he's at the age when eyesight deminishes quickly and its harder to see. Hearing becomes harder, reactions become slower.

I know what you mean, I pleayed footy with a 67 year old last night, still running his socks off, but then theres a LOT of people who arn't as fit, and as theres no requirements for them to be tested, create a lot of problems on the road.

You need to remember, if your creating a law, you need to cover for everyone, thats why the speed limit has not changed, lots of people cannot drive (how many you pass sitting in the middle lane, don't use indicators etc etc..).

having a test for those older, at least cancels out human mistakes from ignornence, over those human mistakes from ill health (age).
sand-eel

20th May 09 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kurt
I'd rebuild the Empire

thats what I was going to say

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » If I were the Prime Minister... 22 database queries in 0.0127239 seconds