corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » thorpe park is...

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author thorpe park is...
mk4_astra

User status: Offline
1st Jun 09 at 23:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

better than alton towers

4 really good coasters, saw and stealth were my favourites but stealth has to be the best ride in the uk at the moment!

also rush, slammer etc though not coasters are still great rides that are alot better than they look.

to those who go to alton just for the white knuckle rides then you really need to go to thorpe, for this it really is better
Neo

1st Jun 09 at 23:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Done both parks probs 20 times, AT is better than TP IMHO.

Air, Oblivion, Rita, Nemesis sell it for me and there are far more smaller rides too.

Although in comparison to six flags or epcot, MGM, Universal etc....both TP and AT are shit
Wrighty

2nd Jun 09 at 00:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would love a day at TP, but....its like 4 hours away
BarnshaW

2nd Jun 09 at 06:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can do thorpse park in half a day, its crap and full of pikeys
nathy_87

2nd Jun 09 at 08:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why travel x amount of hours to go on crap saw ride, and whatever else you mention when ive got towers 15 minuetes down the road from me. New coaster/ride to come at AT in 2010
RichR
Premium Member

2nd Jun 09 at 08:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is that in place of the Corkscrew or the Black Hole?

AT went down in my estimations when they got rid of the Corkscrew -BEST RIDE EVER FACT!
richc

2nd Jun 09 at 08:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The rides at alton just dont do it for me anymore! Im to much of a andrenaline junky
nathy_87

2nd Jun 09 at 09:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
Is that in place of the Corkscrew or the Black Hole?

AT went down in my estimations when they got rid of the Corkscrew -BEST RIDE EVER FACT!

Where the corkscrew was Lee, glad that has gone tbh, whiplash or what!
RichR
Premium Member

2nd Jun 09 at 09:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that's why it was so good - new rides are tame so that people don't get injured - too scared of being sued. To me a white knuckle ride should have an element of risk and with that thing you did - always felt like the track was falling apart. Plus from the top of the first climb you could see the roof of my house!
nathy_87

2nd Jun 09 at 09:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can see where your coming from about saying "always felt like the track was falling apart" etc thats what you want on a ride for the wow factor, but i only went on that ride once of all the time it was there. I prefer Nemesis out of all the rides. I wonder whts going instead of Corkscrew. I'll try and get some inside info
sxibeast

2nd Jun 09 at 09:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I must say I find AIR at AT boring, Rita and Oblivion are good though
Daimo B

2nd Jun 09 at 09:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
that's why it was so good - new rides are tame so that people don't get injured - too scared of being sued. To me a white knuckle ride should have an element of risk and with that thing you did - always felt like the track was falling apart. Plus from the top of the first climb you could see the roof of my house!

You want a sore neck????

Go to Vegas, new york new york. I've been on plenty of coasters in my time, but that was awful on the neck.

You want excitiment, get on a loosly fitting wooden coaster.

Go to America and you opinion of UK rides will change. None of this 2 hour wait, 30 second ride crap. Morelike 20 min wait, and 2-5 minute rides. You actually get to ride stuff, not jump on jump off.....

UK parks are mega lame.
RichR
Premium Member

2nd Jun 09 at 09:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah Air is too staid - exactly the opposite of the Corkscrew, you barely feel it moving.

Nemesis is the best ride at AT - that and the Squirrel Nutkin Ride.
RichR
Premium Member

2nd Jun 09 at 09:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Daimo, wa sit you that did the rollercoaster on top of the skyscraper - those I'd love to do!
richc

2nd Jun 09 at 09:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Actually saying that, i do like the acceleration of rite.

What is it? 70mph in 2 secs or something?
drunkenfool

2nd Jun 09 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went to Alton Towers yesterday, stayed in the hotel the night before too so got in an hour early and managed to get on the front seats of Rita, Oblivion and Nemeis before the rest of the people were allowed in. I've never bothered with the extra queue for the front seats before but its SOOOO much better, especailly on Nemesis - I kept tucking my legs in a bit cos I thought they were gonna hit the floor or wall LOL
drunkenfool

2nd Jun 09 at 09:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

0-60 in 2.2s
richc

2nd Jun 09 at 10:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by drunkenfool
0-60 in 2.2s

Like being on a bike
Nath

2nd Jun 09 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:

You want a sore neck????

Go to Vegas, new york new york. I've been on plenty of coasters in my time, but that was awful on the neck.

You want excitiment, get on a loosly fitting wooden coaster.

Go to America and you opinion of UK rides will change. None of this 2 hour wait, 30 second ride crap. Morelike 20 min wait, and 2-5 minute rides. You actually get to ride stuff, not jump on jump off.....

UK parks are mega lame.

The UK still innovate though, because they know they lack space. Oblivion and Nemesis were the first of their kind.

I had a blast in Orlando. HULK was amazing. So smooth. As was Kraken.
Brett
Premium Member

2nd Jun 09 at 11:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH if you like old wooden crappy rides that are fast and it feels like you're going to die, you can't beat 'cat & mouse' @ Blackpool pleasure beach
Marc

2nd Jun 09 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR

UK parks are mega lame.

You been to Bush Gardens in Virginia?

I thought the rides there were
mk4_astra

2nd Jun 09 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i cant see why people prefer the coasters at AT to thorpe?

stealth is MUCH, MUCH better than rita. its alot faster and with a 205ft vertical drop it beats anything in the uk so far.

nemesis is a good ride, but nemisis inferno at thorpe is nearly as good and a decent first drop unlike the original.

oblivion is good but after the first drop it ends, saw you get the vertical drop AND a decent track after with loops etc.

air is a good concept but just abit boring, collosus is just a standard coaster so to speak but its still a good one.

plus theres the fact thorpe has these crazy static rides like slammer, rush etc and AT has nothing like that.

the only things i can see AT has over thorpe is the location is actually nicer and there are less chavs there...
Cavey

2nd Jun 09 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never actually been to thorpe park, again it's the location, AT is only half hour - 45 mins away from me, so always go there.

Loved Florida, went to Busch Gardens when we were there, was mid-september, and there were no queues at all, went on a ride called the Kumba, about 10 times in an hour, was an amazing ride.

Found $5 on the floor there too, was awesome when i was 12

Also, went to a big theme park in Port Aventura in Spain, that was pretty impressive to from what i remember.

The New ride at Alton Towers is long overdue really, they need something innovative again, like Oblivion and Nemesis were
Daimo B

2nd Jun 09 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope not been to virginia, but done the west coast of the US theme parks...

Going to Florida this year to do those

bigger IS better

Live, yeah done all the rides on top of the stratosphere in Vegas.... Rollercoaster is lame, the others are better.

And they travel less distance than any uk coasters
All Torque

2nd Jun 09 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Neo
Done both parks probs 20 times, AT is better than TP IMHO.

Air, Oblivion, Rita, Nemesis sell it for me and there are far more smaller rides too.

Although in comparison to six flags or epcot, MGM, Universal etc....both TP and AT are shit

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » thorpe park is... 22 database queries in 0.1786561 seconds