corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » eating at night

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author eating at night
Jas

User status: Offline
11th Jun 09 at 23:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

really bad habbit of mine,
well I don't know if you can call it a habit, but I always get hungry at night.

I find it hard to stick to like 3 meals a day, I'm always picking

anyone else do this?
chloe16v

11th Jun 09 at 23:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep i do it all the time, i only have one meal a day and its always at night
Hammer

11th Jun 09 at 23:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye I always eat at night, in fact this thread has made me hungry
swill_omnibus

11th Jun 09 at 23:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im bad for it. Always a ham sandwich at about this time
Gareth F

11th Jun 09 at 23:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Eat three meals a day, eat your last meal about 6pm then drink water and eat fruit after this time. Thats what i do now anyway, lost 9lbs in 2 weeks so far
Eck
Premium Member

11th Jun 09 at 23:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm constantly eating random nonsense No matter what time!
Gareth F

12th Jun 09 at 00:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok try cutting up a shit load of fruit in a bowl of water then put it at the front of the fridge. I found myself eating that as it takes less time that making other shit.
Jas

12th Jun 09 at 00:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its bad for you :/

I can't do the three meals thing as eat small amounts often rather than the usual 3 a day, saying that I eat alot often.

Its ok at my age but the older I get the more likely I am to gain wait, I try eating cereal after 10ish

Doesn't help im up this late most nights
sand-eel

12th Jun 09 at 00:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a chicken curry at 10:30pm the night
noshua

12th Jun 09 at 00:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

had pasta the other night at midnight
Jamie-C

12th Jun 09 at 00:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I always want a pot noodle at this time
LukeS

12th Jun 09 at 00:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had indian at 1
Jamie-C

12th Jun 09 at 00:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was she good?
SR91

12th Jun 09 at 01:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie-C
Was she good?

Hes a virgin
C2RL R

12th Jun 09 at 08:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i heard that there may not be much truth in the rumour that it's bad to eat at that time.
Neo

12th Jun 09 at 08:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by C2RL R
i heard that there may not be much truth in the rumour that it's bad to eat at that time.

Isnt it more based on your sleep pattern...Dont eat 4 hours before you sleep ?
DizzyRebel

12th Jun 09 at 08:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its bullshit about it being bad to eat late at night. Eating just before your head touches the pillow helps prevent your body going catabolic overnight (i eat one hour before i go to bed)

Its not when you eat its what you eat that affects you. If you ram a shit load of carbs in you like bread, pasta, chips etc then its no good. but if you had something like chicken drummers or some tuna or nuts or something its good.

Your body needs food every 2-3 hours to keep your metabolism working properly. Whoever came up with the '3 square meals a day' notion clearly hasnt got a clue about what the body needs! And belive it or not the more often you eat, the faster your body burns fat, as it keeps your metabolism working hard, raises your core temprerature and promots fat burning instead of fat storage.

You eat to prevent hunger, not to satisfy it. Switch to having food every 2-3 hours. wether its a main meal then a snack or 6 smaller meals a day and watch the weight drop off you as well as never really feeling hungry.

[Edited on 12-06-2009 by DizzyRebel]
BluKoo

12th Jun 09 at 08:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gareth F
Eat three meals a day, eat your last meal about 6pm then drink water and eat fruit after this time. Thats what i do now anyway, lost 9lbs in 2 weeks so far

Meal timing has nothing to do with weight loss. Its all about calories in vs. calories out.

If you're in a calorie deficit, its actually beneficial to eat something before bed (preferably something with some protein) just to make sure your muscles aren't going to starve over night.

Unless you're grossly overweight, when you lose 9lbs in 2 weeks, a good portion of that will be muscle, so its not all good.
DaveyLC

12th Jun 09 at 08:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lets look at the stats

The UK and the USA full of fat cunts, general eating habbits are to have a breakfast, a reasonable lunch and a big dinner late in the evening.

Now lets look at the Med. most of the people are reasonably fit and healthy, they have a light breakfast (normally cereal, fruit or yoghurt), a massive lunch and a light dinner/supper..
DizzyRebel

12th Jun 09 at 08:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BluKoo
quote:
Originally posted by Gareth F

Meal timing has nothing to do with weight loss. Its all about calories in vs. calories out.

If you're in a calorie deficit, its actually beneficial to eat something before bed (preferably something with some protein) just to make sure your muscles aren't going to starve over night.

Unless you're grossly overweight, when you lose 9lbs in 2 weeks, a good portion of that will be muscle, so its not all good.

Actually meal timing is as important as caliorie intake. Calories are just a measure of heat, your body doesnt recognice them it only recognises nutrients. if you eat 3000 calories a day of chocolate and crisps you will be a fat cunt. If you eat 3000 calories a day of chicken, tuna, veg, cheese and nuts you will be lean and healthy (assuming your not a 9 stone twig).

Meal timimg and frequency is important as the more often you eat the harder your metabolism works, the harder it works the more calories your body uses to digest and process the food, your core temperature raises and your body turns on fat burning enzymes. if you only eat 3 meals a day your metabolism isnt working hard and your missing out on a vital tool in the game of fat loss.

Americans are fat because they eat loads of saturated fat and carbs. theres sugar and HFC in pretty much everything they eat as everything there is processed, twinned with saturated fat and carbs you have an almighty insulin spike and a great way to gain fat.

People from the med eat better quality food, no processed shit just lots of lean meats, good veg and fruit with a little wholegrain bread so ofcourse they will be in better shape.
mwg

12th Jun 09 at 09:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The spanish etc. have it right. Bloody good quality food over a long lunch followed by a sleep.

I do the same when I'm on holiday there, could quite get used to it!
BluKoo

12th Jun 09 at 09:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Forget the stats. You can't generalise things quite as simply as that. Its probably more the quality of the food that makes the difference.

Look at the science.
If you use more energy (calories out) than you consume (calories in) then you will lose weight.
Simples.
BluKoo

12th Jun 09 at 09:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DizzyRebel

Actually meal timing is as important as caliorie intake...

Well from personal experience, meal timing hasn't made a single bit of difference to me.
Maybe thats because i eat very clean foods.
DaveyLC

12th Jun 09 at 09:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matty G
The spanish etc. have it right. Bloody good quality food over a long lunch followed by a sleep.

I do the same when I'm on holiday there, could quite get used to it!

Its like that in most parts of the med. and you rarely see fat cunts!
DizzyRebel

12th Jun 09 at 09:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you upped your protein intake to about 300g a day spread over 6 meals timed at 2-3 hour intervals you would loose a lot more bodyfat. protein has the highest TEF so uses the most calories to digest.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » eating at night 22 database queries in 0.1034551 seconds