corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Trackday Tyres Becoming Illegal in Future

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Trackday Tyres Becoming Illegal in Future
CorsAsh

User status: Offline
23rd Jun 09 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't use them but this could affect a few of you...

http://www.evo.co.uk/news/evonews/236977/trackday_tyres_to_be_outlawed.html

quote:
The aim of the new regulations is to both raise all-round performance standards and to give buyers a greater understanding of the performance and environmental impact of each particular tyre before purchase.

When will all the braindead politican types just FUCK OFF with the green shit? Everything that's taken away from you these days is done for an environmental reason.
ed

23rd Jun 09 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's fashionable to try and look environmentally friendly these days. You cannot avoid all these half arsed attempts for them to try and save the world, without in fact addressing the bigger picture.
JonnyJ

23rd Jun 09 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

SportBoy

23rd Jun 09 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

every1 should buy slicks tbh
Ojc

I predict within 5 years driving your car for pleasure will be outlawed and we will all be crammed on buses with scum bags and be spat on for trying to earn a living and trying to make a decent life for ourselves.

I hate bureaucrats
CorsAsh

I understood the environmental impact of my car when I bought it. In fact, one of the reasons I bought it is because it throws neat V-Power out to kill wildlife.
Ben G

23rd Jun 09 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the megane comes with 888's from factory? so you will have to put inferior tyres on your car you bought from factory with superior tyres on?
CorsAsh

23rd Jun 09 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
I predict within 5 years driving your car for pleasure will be outlawed and we will all be crammed on buses with scum bags and be spat on for trying to earn a living and trying to make a decent life for ourselves.

I hate bureaucrats
Or forced to drive G-Wizzes.
Nic Barnes

23rd Jun 09 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh, there are far more tyres that arent track day related that are currently on sale that should be banned first for being far too dangerous.

its like most things of this nature. its a load of waffle.
Ojc

23rd Jun 09 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's a good point, what about all these Wanlee type tyres that 99% of the general population buy because they want the cheapest? They are more dangerous to the world than a few slick tyres that would be on a car with someone who knows how to drive.
Ben G

23rd Jun 09 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wanli
SportBoy

as the article says i dont think its juts targeting track tyres just setting some new things for tyres too meet . and that track tyre wont be able to meet them aswell as some cheaper tyres
SportBoy

itl be aload of bollocks anyway
ed

quote:
Originally posted by CorsAsh
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

I hate bureaucrats
Or forced to drive G-Wizzes.
That could be of benefit. Drive some shitty electric thing for the commute to save the petrol for the weekend
Nic Barnes

23rd Jun 09 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
That's a good point, what about all these Wanlee type tyres that 99% of the general population buy because they want the cheapest? They are more dangerous to the world than a few slick tyres that would be on a car with someone who knows how to drive.

i can also guarantee you for a fact that half of them perform far worse under braking, cornering etc in the wet than r888's and the like.

all the time some waffle like this comes out about something aimed at car people. yet over the last 10+ years of driving, nothing has changed at all.
CorsAsh

23rd Jun 09 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
One word.

Nankang.
Nic Barnes

23rd Jun 09 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
One word.

Nankang.

made me laugh the other day when someone said they preferred them to a toyo t1r.
SportBoy

23rd Jun 09 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh there isnt much need for track tyres on the road anyway .. and hit a decent lake on the motorway with them and it will make you shit it for abit.
CorsAsh

Were they drifting?
Warren G

nothing wrong with nankang, thank you

Nic Barnes

23rd Jun 09 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SportBoy
tbh there isnt much need for track tyres on the road anyway .. and hit a decent lake on the motorway with them and it will make you shit it for abit.

ive used mine for the last 4 months on the road all the time. been great. theyre not that bad in the wet if your just dirving normally anyway.

Nic Barnes

23rd Jun 09 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Warren G
nothing wrong with nankang, thank you

ok, tbh with a 1.8 engine theyre probably more than adequate for your needs due to the lack of any performance from the engine.
SportBoy

23rd Jun 09 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lad i know has 888s on a clio and its fvcking scary if it rains hard enough on the motorway. even going steady.
CorsAsh

23rd Jun 09 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
People who buy these tyres understand their limitations. The most annoying underlying issue is yet more legislation removing freedom of choice from the general public, by way of thinly veiled health and safety and/or green issues.

As Ollie says, it'll culminate in only being able to drive a small handful of cars, and then only for the commute, not for enjoyment.
Nic Barnes

23rd Jun 09 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
People who buy these tyres understand their limitations. The most annoying underlying issue is yet more legislation removing freedom of choice from the general public, by way of thinly veiled health and safety and/or green issues.

As Ollie says, it'll culminate in only being able to drive a small handful of cars, and then only for the commute, not for enjoyment.

welcome to soviet russia

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Trackday Tyres Becoming Illegal in Future 22 database queries in 0.0569408 seconds