corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Spend a moment of your time....

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Spend a moment of your time....
Ojc

User status: Offline
20th Jul 09 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To read this. Brought a tear to my eye.

Rifleman Cyrus Thatcher was killed on 2 June 2009. This is the letter he wrote to be delivered to his family if he died:

Hello its me, this is gonna be hard for you to read but I write this knowing every time you thinks shits got to much for you to handle (so don't cry on it MUM!!) you can read this and hopefully it will help you all get through.

For a start SHIT I got hit!! Now Iv got that out the way I can say the things Iv hopefully made clear, or if I havent this should clear it all up for me. My hole life you'v all been there for me through thick and thin bit like a wedding through good and bad. Without you I believe I wouldn't have made it as far as I have. I died doing what I was born to do I was happy and felt great about myself although the army was sadly the ending of me it was also the making of me so please don't feel any hate toward it. One thing I no I never made clear to you all was I make jokes about my life starting in the Army. That's wrong VERY wrong my life began a LONG time before that (Obviously) but you get what I mean. All the times Iv tried to neglect the family get angry when you try teach me right from wrong wot I mean to say is I only realised that you were trying to help when I joined the army and without YOUR help I would have never had the BALLS, the GRIT and the damn right determination to crack on and do it. If I could have a wish in life it would to be able to say Iv gone and done things many would never try to do. And going to Afghan has fulfilled my dream ie my goal. Yes I am young wich as a parent must brake you heart but you must all somehow find the strength that I found to do something no matter how big the challenge. As Im writing this letter I can see you all crying and mornin my death but if I could have one wish in an "after life" it would be to stop your crying and continueing your dreams (as I did) because if I were watching only that would brake my heart. So dry your tears and put on a brave face for the rest of your friends and family who need you.

I want each and everyone of you to forfill a dream and at the end of it look at what you have done (completed) and feel the accomplishment and achievement I did only then will you understand how I felt when I passed away.

[To his brothers:] You are both amazing men and will continue to be throughout your lives you both deserve to be happy and fofill all of your dreams.

Dad – my idol, my friend, my best friend, my teacher, my coach, everything I ever succeeded in my life I owe to you and maybe a little bit of me! You are a great man and the perfect role model and the past two years of being in the army I noticed that and me and you have been on the best level we have ever been. I thank you for nothing because I no all you have given to me is not there to be thanked for its there because you did it cause you love me and that is my most proudest thing I could ever say.

Mum, where do I start with you!! For a start your perfect, your smell, your hugs, the way your life was dedicated to us boys and especially the way you cared each and every step us boys took. I love you, you were the reason I made it as far as I did you were the reason I was loved more than any child I no and that made me feel special.

Your all such great individuals and I hope somehow this letter will help you get through this shit time!! Just remember do NOT mourn my death as hard as this will seem, celebrate a great life that has had its ups and downs. I love you all more than you would ever no and in your own individual ways helped me get through it all. I wish you all the best with your dreams.

Remember chin up head down. With love Cyrus xxxx

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/hello-mum-this-is-going-to-be-hard-for-you-to-read-1753008.html
JonnyJ

20th Jul 09 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Must be so hard for his family to read that, hopefully will give them strength to carry on with their lives.
gtitim

20th Jul 09 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He made the ultimate sacrifice doing what he wanted. For that, he and others serving, have my ultimate respect.

RIP
jamesw

20th Jul 09 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very moving. Admire the fact he had balls to do what he did and that he wanted to serve his country (like many others). Shame how a decent determined lad gets his life taken from him while our streets are filled with thugs and wasters
Craig P

20th Jul 09 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That is very sad.Bad times.

R.I.P

[Edited on 20-07-2009 by Craig P]
Tom G

20th Jul 09 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck me i didn't think i'd be bothered about that but it's hard to read....

It makes my worrys seem like nothing!

Really gutted for the family!
FAZ
Premium Member

20th Jul 09 at 20:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

these guys do an amazing job out there, and what do the p[ress show for it? wacko jacko and goody makes me sick!
MarkM

20th Jul 09 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Complete respect for them out there.

Fucking legends everyone of them.
Gregor

20th Jul 09 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shit thats bad
Pip308

20th Jul 09 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

indeed moving but did he expect to get shot or did he die slowly?

keep up the good work all the guys in the forces
Danny P

20th Jul 09 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gtitim
He made the ultimate sacrifice doing what he wanted. For that, he and others serving, have my ultimate respect.

RIP

X2

RIP
CorsAsh

20th Jul 09 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's the norm to write a letter home in the event of your death?

Very sad, we're lucky that people are willing to fight for our country, they're unlucky the reasons aren't always honourable.
Blade_sri

20th Jul 09 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Danny P
quote:
Originally posted by gtitim

RIP

X3

RIP
MarkSport

20th Jul 09 at 23:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

blimey,that really hit home reading that.can't imagine what it would be like if i lost my brother or one of my other family members
Stuart H

21st Jul 09 at 00:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jesus that was hard to read , really hit home what it would be like to lose my sister etc

R.I.P
*JonnyG*

21st Jul 09 at 00:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Honestly. gob smacked, don't know what to say, honestly. RIP MAN! Lot of respect !
Ste
Premium Member

21st Jul 09 at 01:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I remember writing mine, fuck me, a room of fellas, grown men, in tears trying to tell their loved ones how much they mean to them. It is honestly one of the hardest things to write. It hits home to you the seriousness of your job and the risks involved. Respect to his family for sharing such a personal thing and opening the eyes to people the reality of the men and women fighting out there and the danger they are in.

R.I.P Cyrus.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
gtitim

21st Jul 09 at 06:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have one of those letters tucked away in the back of my (police) work locker. Written one day not long after my son was born. No-one will find it unless my locker is cleared - the only reason that happens is if you die - so I hope that i wrote it for nothing and my wife and son never get to see it. Took me hours to write and i hope to be able to look back in 30yrs at the end of my career and shred it.
Conway563

21st Jul 09 at 08:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stuff like this really hits home with me now. My brother had his passing out parade on Friday and can't help thinking that I could be getting one of these letters from next year
Brett
Premium Member

21st Jul 09 at 08:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's a very sad letter and my g/f's mates' fiance got killed there the other day. He's pictured in a lot of the paper today. However, they go over there knowing the risk and taking the extra pay. Hazards of the job, nothing more to say.
Whittie

21st Jul 09 at 09:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jesus, very hard hitting letter there. Mucho respect for everybody fighting for their country. One of my best mate fly's out in September, hoping he's luckier than Cyrus. Is that selfish?

Rip.
MarkM

21st Jul 09 at 09:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett
It's a very sad letter and my g/f's mates' fiance got killed there the other day. He's pictured in a lot of the paper today. However, they go over there knowing the risk and taking the extra pay. Hazards of the job, nothing more to say.

Extra pay?

It's not like they are earning a fortune is it.

Silly comment IMHO.
Ojc

21st Jul 09 at 09:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didn't realise that Cyrus lived down the road from me
Brett
Premium Member

21st Jul 09 at 09:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MarkM
Extra pay?

It's not like they are earning a fortune is it.

Silly comment IMHO.

A guy I know who's going over reckons he's getting near on £30k for 6months work. He is going for the extra pay.

Not really a silly comment. Silly is going over there and shooting people and not expecting to get shot back.

Put yourself in the line of fire and expect to get shot at, end of.

I never said it wasn't sad and that's not to say he deserved to die or anything, but it's to be expected and you can't deny that regardless how silly or immature you think i'm being
DizzyRebel

21st Jul 09 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Didnt really make an impact on me, felt sorry for the guy really for being so misinformed about the army.

If he was fighting for the country, as in defending the uk he would be a hero for sure. But going over to join in with the power hungry yanks and help out some ragheads and score some oil just makes me feel sorry for him that he was brainwashed into thinking his death was for a good cause.

Hard luck really, he knew what he was signing up for when he joined, but to me it just seems like a pr stunt to try and get the country behind the war over there when really we should be against it and getting our troops back and stop wasting money and resources!

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Spend a moment of your time.... 23 database queries in 0.0151279 seconds