corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Holiday day - Egypt (All inclusive holidays)

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Holiday day - Egypt (All inclusive holidays)
Tom

User status: Offline
21st Jul 09 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Me and the missus are saving up to hopefully go to the dominican republic on a last minute 2 week holiday in october but it's getting increasingly likely that we might look at other options, one of which is egypt.

Just wondered if anyone had been and can give me any idea of what it's like in a decent all inclusive complex? Did you spend much outside of the hotel, is there much to do? Can you recommend any hotels? I've never really fancied egypt, too baron looking but heard from a few people it's nice, how does it compare to the dominican republic/caribbean?

Thanks!

[Edited on 21-07-2009 by Tom]
MarkM

21st Jul 09 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ask Colin.

He recommends packing lots of Immodium.
Ojc

21st Jul 09 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ask Luigi....oh wait.

Tom, have a look at Cape Verde, Boa Vista.

It's the new place to go this year, me and Rach are going in September.

We paid £1000 each for two weeks, all inclusive.

I'll find you the link to the place we are going.
MarkM

21st Jul 09 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Ask Luigi....oh wait.

Tom, have a look at Cape Verde, Boa Vista.

It's the new place to go this year, me and Rach are going in September.

We paid £1000 each for two weeks, all inclusive.

I'll find you the link to the place we are going.

Will there be holiday jiggery pockery?

Ojc

21st Jul 09 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.riu.com/en-uk/Paises/cape-verde/boa-vista/clubhotel-riu-karamboa/index.jsp?gclid=CNW67rGG55sCFZeD3godpS9D4w
_Allan_

21st Jul 09 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MarkM
Will there be holiday jiggery pockery?

Does Colin shit on the dunes?
Cosmo

21st Jul 09 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive been to both in recent years....

I had a great time in Egypt when I was there, although Colin was there at the same time and had the shits for it all I stayed at the Hilton Sharks Bay. I made sure we got in the new side which opened last October and it was really really nice. Rooms were amazing and the service was good. Food (which is normally the thing to watch in an AI) was also really really nice.

Outside the hotel was a little expensive, as most hotels in that area were AI, but it wasnt so expensive that you came back with fuck all money. Id 100% go back to that hotel again.

In Dom. Rep. the hotel was a lot different. Much smaller and probably on the whole nicer. Food wasnt as good though, and the service wasnt as good. You get a proper beach there though which I liked...but you then get bothered by people tryng to sell everything and anything.
Tom

21st Jul 09 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any thoughts col??

Ollie, I've noticed cape verde holidays lately that RUI looks nice, haven't got that sort of money though more lik £750 each max but will have a look at other hotels. Is that a bit further south than egypt also, e.g. bit hotter in october?
Ojc

21st Jul 09 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's closer to the equator yes, so hot hot hot.

I can't wait to get there and read Mein Kampf around the pool.
a_j_mair

21st Jul 09 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was in egypt in may, weather was lovely, sunny all day not to warm

we stayed in sharm at dreams vacation

food was good, heard some complaints but for an all inclusive buffet it was very good, had a large selection and had a couple differnt theme nights

also had a mexican and an indian which were brilliant

we only ventured out of the resort once got pestered lots to buy stuff. Wasnt cheap but not really expensive, werent actually buying anything anyway

we were unwell on the last day but that was more than likely the vodka drinking russians we spent the nihgt before withs fault

mum and dad are going to cape verde next week
Colin

21st Jul 09 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I shat myself 3 times

couldnt venture out of the hotel complex (for fear of shitting) so no beach, trips, shops etc

Jade was unwell for weeks when we got home & had to get blood & provide shit samples etc

Yes its cheap for what is apparently a 5* all inclusive hotel............but its cheap for a reason, I wont be back.
a_j_mair

21st Jul 09 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

stopped shitting through the eye of a needle now?

we did feel dodgy for a week or so when we got back but think it is to do with the water rather than the food tbh
Colin

21st Jul 09 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fine now. Felt awful at the time though, really drained. 1st day unwell I felt I was going to collapse so just stayed in bed.

Would have gone to the on site Dr but met a woman at the pool that had done so & was put on a drip & 4 different tablets & still had the shits. Visit to the Dr cost her over £500.

Most folk get ill for a day, the 1st time we went we were ill for a day but this was different. Put us off going to egypt.

Look on trip advisor at the amount of people saying they were unwell in sham el shiek!!
Tom

21st Jul 09 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cosmo sounds lovely, just had a quick look though and that's like £900 each in october.

Oliver who did you book that through btw? Hot hot hot is good, I am gonna have to try and get into reading for this holiday i think
Cosmo

21st Jul 09 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Cosmo sounds lovely, just had a quick look though and that's like £900 each in october.

Deals to be had on it, it was that much (more I think) when I went in and ended up getting it for under £800.
Tom

21st Jul 09 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
I shat myself 3 times

couldnt venture out of the hotel complex (for fear of shitting) so no beach, trips, shops etc

Jade was unwell for weeks when we got home & had to get blood & provide shit samples etc

Yes its cheap for what is apparently a 5* all inclusive hotel............but its cheap for a reason, I wont be back.

That doesn't sound good at all. Do you think it was maybe something went wrong in your hotel or what?! That really puts me off, getting them for 1 day would be bad enough.

BTW I try to avoid trip advisor type sites, there's always one bad story (michael mcintyre )
Cosmo

21st Jul 09 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People get the shits everywhere, if you went by that then you wouldnt go anywhere (or stay in this country!).

Tom

21st Jul 09 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
Originally posted by Tom

Deals to be had on it, it was that much (more I think) when I went in and ended up getting it for under £800.

How did you arrange it? I normally just book on the big online sites like direct holidays etc but I am thinking wherever I go this year (especially with it being oct and a bit quieter) that i'm gonna try and book in a travel agents.
Cosmo

21st Jul 09 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went in to Travel Supermarket or one like that, told them what I had seen online (I maybe took £100 or so off that price) and how much it was and she did the rest. She rang round places, found the best price she could offer, and I knocked her down more from there.
Ojc

Holiday is through Thomson, Tom.

Have a look on their website.
Tom

quote:
People get the shits everywhere, if you went by that then you wouldnt go anywhere (or stay in this country!).

I know but i've had it in my head that alot (not sure why) of people say that about egypt, more so than anywhere else?

[Edited on 21-07-2009 by Tom]
Colin

21st Jul 09 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im not sure what it was but it wasnt nice, everyone gets the sharm el dhits for at least a day apparently!!
Cosmo

21st Jul 09 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Im not sure what it was but it wasnt nice, everyone gets the sharm el dhits for at least a day apparently!!

Not me
Colin

21st Jul 09 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Ive been all over the world & never had anything like this.

Mexico is possibly comparable in levels of hygiene etc, but I was fine there & never heard of anyone getting ill.
Cosmo

21st Jul 09 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Ive been all over the world & never had anything like this.

Mexico is possibly comparable in levels of hygiene etc, but I was fine there & never heard of anyone getting ill.

I know, and Egypt does have that reputation I agree with that. My mum and sister both suffered when at Moon Palace though, so much so my Mum was at the hotel doc a few times.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Holiday day - Egypt (All inclusive holidays) 22 database queries in 0.0152318 seconds