corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » "Torture" at Guantanamo

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author "Torture" at Guantanamo
Daimo B

User status: Offline
25th Aug 09 at 07:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah pishflaps on the spelling...

Opinions on this? Its starting to wind me up now, all this goody goody 2 shoes from America. The report starts soon and the alligations of abuse are starting to be listed... Is it me, or can anyone else see the actual "torture" here, bearing in mind most in-mates were responsible for the deaths of many people via bombings, planned bombings, Iraq etc... It only involves about 12 inmates.

Agents threatened to kill a key terror suspect's children and sexually assault another's mother, - Pffff seen worse on here???

key terror suspect Khalid Sheikh Mohammed that "we're going to kill your children" if there were further attacks on the US.

Another incident involved an agent pinching an artery in a detainee's neck. As the man was passing out, the agent shook him awake, then repeated the action twice.

a suspect in the bombing of the USS Cole in 2000, that his mother would be sexually assaulted in front of him.

Theres another one where a head is repeatedly "flushed" into a sink or bowel of water to give the drowing effect.... Wow, we never used to do this to the nerds at school, bog flush them??? So if kids can take it, how can fully grown killer men not take it?

Now ok, if you were in the situation, you've be fairly scared, well I would anyway. But these guys are not from the western world, and they came to create terror on those who do come from the WW. But, its hardly tourture is it???? Torture to me is, pulling out nails, breaking fingers and toes, burning etc.. World Ware 2 stuff, real torture...

So why are the doo gooders getting so hept up over something which really isn't a big deal. Moutain out of a Molehill springs to mind?

Discuss?
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

25th Aug 09 at 07:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its all about human rights and shit at the end of day.

I mean, if a police office or whatever from this country had you detained for an offence, lets say murder or something along them lines and he said he was going to kill your family, its not very professional is it?
Neo

25th Aug 09 at 07:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Human rights blah blah...

TBH if they are in Guantanamo, they are there for a reason and will probably get strung up along the line anyway for what they have done.

The water torture thing is a bit more severe than you have explained, but i see the argument

Deserved IMO to gain crucial information to end the conflicts. Meh
Pete_vxl

25th Aug 09 at 07:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why is it people in america and britain are causing a fuss when its people in their country that have been killed aswell? morons.
Daimo B

25th Aug 09 at 08:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
Its all about human rights and shit at the end of day.

I mean, if a police office or whatever from this country had you detained for an offence, lets say murder or something along them lines and he said he was going to kill your family, its not very professional is it?

Most offenses don't involve blowing up US warships, or in city centre bombinbs thoguh do they really...

willay
Premium Member

25th Aug 09 at 08:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

true, but if we make exceptions to rules and guidelines then abuse in the system will happen more regularly and to people who dont deserve it.
Ojc

25th Aug 09 at 08:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They don't comply to our human rights laws when they capture British/American citizens working in their god forsaken hell holes and decide to decapitate them for the good of ALLAHRAMDINGDONG.

Fanatics that need wiping from the Earth with all the force that can be wielded upon them.
John

25th Aug 09 at 08:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can't apply human rights to somebody who is willing to die when the bomb strapped to their chest goes off.

There are always exceptions to the rule.

They won't exactly be receptive to 'you have been a very naughty boy and if yoo don't tell us where osama is hiding we'll put you in a nice comfy prison for a couple of years' are they.
Sam
Premium Member

25th Aug 09 at 08:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doesn't matter whether you are a petty criminal or a paedophile, you still have basic human rights at the end of the day. As willay says:

quote:
if we make exceptions to rules and guidelines then abuse in the system will happen more regularly and to people who dont deserve it.

Certain people on here drone on about Arabs killing people in the name of Allah etc. but you have to remember these are just the fanatical types who think we should like in a medieval barbaric society and state that every act of attrocity they commit is in the name of Allah or whatever - and these types of people prey on the often uneducated and misguides fools of their communities to basically be like sheep and do all these horrible things because they 'believe' it's the 'right thing to do'.
Ojc

25th Aug 09 at 08:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Blame the increasing number of Liberals in this country.

They are the issue here, cunts.
John

25th Aug 09 at 08:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam
Doesn't matter whether you are a petty criminal or a paedophile, you still have basic human rights at the end of the day. As willay says:

quote:
if we make exceptions to rules and guidelines then abuse in the system will happen more regularly and to people who dont deserve it.

Certain people on here drone on about Arabs killing people in the name of Allah etc. but you have to remember these are just the fanatical types who think we should like in a medieval barbaric society and state that every act of attrocity they commit is in the name of Allah or whatever - and these types of people prey on the often uneducated and misguides fools of their communities to basically be like sheep and do all these horrible things because they 'believe' it's the 'right thing to do'.

That doesn't explain why you shouldn't torture them, imo it explains exactly why you should.

They won't respond to anything else will they?

If you have a better system for getting information out of them I'm sure everybody would be happy to hear it.

How long do you think it would take for them to start the torture if it was the other way round?

All of 30 seconds.
Daimo B

25th Aug 09 at 08:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam

You loose those rights when you try to kill another innocent human being.

Why should they have the right of humanity when they have tried to kill, not one, but hundreds of people....

What about their families, and their friends, all because of a few fenatics.

You should work for the Labour Party.

I've not seen anyone deflame Muslims at all? Since when has religion got anything to do with this issue? Why do you feel the need to bring that into this topic when its got nothing to do with torture of people who have killed others.

Who cares if they are white, brown, black, asain, or arabic? Whats next, gonna chuck in the racisim word???????????
willay
Premium Member

25th Aug 09 at 08:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but you dont loose your human rights when you kill somebody, do you Daimo?

I dont think me and Sam are saying OMG YOU SHOULDNT TORTURE THEM, I'm just stating how it is, not how it should be.

This thread reads like The Sun.
John

25th Aug 09 at 08:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People here that have been convicted beyond reasonable doubt of killing someone should also lose their human rights.
Daimo B

25th Aug 09 at 08:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
but you dont loose your human rights when you kill somebody, do you Daimo?

I dont think me and Sam are saying OMG YOU SHOULDNT TORTURE THEM, I'm just stating how it is, not how it should be.

No, but you should do....

It wasn't the opinion, it was the fact he brought Muslims and such into this topic. The fact of where these peopel are from or what they believe is not the topic of debate, its about torture of in-mates.

People who are quick to talk about religion usually jump on the racist word bandwagon, and I hate that. It wasn't the topic, and I don't want it getting into a race row.

Nahhh, the sun would sprout random words about nothing in the story to make it look MORE interesting becuase its SO interesting to bold out random words...... (queue Russel Brand Ponderland )
willay
Premium Member

25th Aug 09 at 08:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sam
Premium Member

25th Aug 09 at 08:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
That doesn't explain why you shouldn't torture them, imo it explains exactly why you should.

We live in a Western society, we don't live in an "eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth" age. People still have the right to basic human rights, regardless of their crimes. People who commit 'suicide bombings' or blow planes up etc. might think it's right to do what they do because 'we' (i.e. Westerners) have in their eyes commited some attrocity to 'their people' but that's not how 'we' deal with things.

quote:

If that is your belief in a just society (i.e. you have a "torture/kill 'them' because 'they did it to us' mentality", then you are a prime candidate for the types of people they would be looking to recruit IMO.
willay
Premium Member

25th Aug 09 at 08:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sam is right, you lot would fit in nicely in Iraq
Sam
Premium Member

25th Aug 09 at 08:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I'm just stating how it is, not how it should be.

Same here.

quote:

Yes
Colin

25th Aug 09 at 08:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They should just chop their heads off like they would do in the detainees home country rather than keeping them alive at huge cost....i'll add, for doing much less!!
willay
Premium Member

25th Aug 09 at 08:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought you guys in Scotland like terrorists?
Sam
Premium Member

25th Aug 09 at 09:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I thought you guys in Scotland like terrorists?

PMSL
willay
Premium Member

25th Aug 09 at 09:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.boycottscotland.com/
John

25th Aug 09 at 09:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam
quote:

We live in a Western society, we don't live in an "eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth" age. People still have the right to basic human rights, regardless of their crimes. People who commit 'suicide bombings' or blow planes up etc. might think it's right to do what they do because 'we' (i.e. Westerners) have in their eyes commited some attrocity to 'their people' but that's not how 'we' deal with things.

quote:

If that is your belief in a just society (i.e. you have a "torture/kill 'them' because 'they did it to us' mentality", then you are a prime candidate for the types of people they would be looking to recruit IMO.

All of that is incorrect.

I know all too well that our justice system isn't anywhere near good enough to be able to bring corporal and capital punishment back, but that's another thread.

If the justice system was perfect and you were given some sort of physical punishment a lot of crime would stop.

I also don't see how me thinking it's only fair a terrorist, who is willing to kill hundreds, is turtured a bit makes me a prime candiate

I would have though they might have an issue with me not willing to blow myself up in the name of a god I don't believe in.

At the start of the thread you've brought race and religion into it, when it's totally unrelated, massively clouding your judgement on it, that probably makes you a better canditate.
Sam
Premium Member

25th Aug 09 at 09:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Race and religion has EVERYTHING to do with THIS thread.

Since 2001, who was held at the Bay? Mostly detainees from Afghanistan. What religion were they? Muslim.

[Edited on 25-08-2009 by Sam]

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » "Torture" at Guantanamo 22 database queries in 0.0186880 seconds