corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Shift people

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Shift people
Lynny

User status: Offline
27th Aug 09 at 23:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you struggle going from day shift/back shift/ to night shift etc and days off. Do you sleep too much/too little between shift changes?
Colin

27th Aug 09 at 23:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do constant Days or Nights for 14 days, fucks me up for a few days after.
Wrighty

27th Aug 09 at 23:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i do 7-7 days/nights

days im fine i sleep longer on days but im terrible at getting up so always knacked on days

nights i tend to sleep less inbetween shifts and make the most of the day so 5-6 hours usually is enough the only time i strugle is if i do 7 nights in a row my body gets into a pattern so youve got to get out of it in a day to get back into a normal 'day' sleep pattern which leaves you tired for a day or two but you soon catch up.

my shifts are allover so im used to it now though.
rustyarchs

28th Aug 09 at 00:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i do 3 shift pattern and the only one i struggle with is dayshift as i start at 6 and since im a night person it kinda wears me out so i come home at 2 and have a nap for a couple of hours if i need it
morpheus22

28th Aug 09 at 00:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i normally work 10-6 nights but i have been off work for two months due to an accident at work so i have been nodding off at like 12. were as a normal night off from work it would be 4am-5am
gtitim

28th Aug 09 at 00:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alex - you on 6 on 4 off? If so, I am too. I try to stay up late from lates onto nights ( hence online at 0145hrs) then sleep as late as i can before first night, as much as i can between nights then until lunch after last night. Usually manage to stay awake first rest day until 10pm or so, then 3 full days off. The amount of leave makes up for it though.
Ben G

28th Aug 09 at 07:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i do 3 shifts and it does get annoying at times yes.

i often find myself having too much sleep or too little sleep and having insomnia quite often.
Lynny

28th Aug 09 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gtitim
Alex - you on 6 on 4 off? If so, I am too. I try to stay up late from lates onto nights ( hence online at 0145hrs) then sleep as late as i can before first night, as much as i can between nights then until lunch after last night. Usually manage to stay awake first rest day until 10pm or so, then 3 full days off. The amount of leave makes up for it though.

nah ours are 5 week shift blocks of like 4 nights, 3 off, 4 days, 2 off, 3 back shift, 2 off, 3 half nights, 3 off, etc.

Although I did back shift yesterday, and on half nights this weekend, although our half nights are 5pm-5am should be fun for the bank holiday. My plan was to sleep through today, but was awake at like 9 am as usual
JM Curdy

28th Aug 09 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
i do 3 shifts and it does get annoying at times yes.

i often find myself having too much sleep or too little sleep and having insomnia quite often.
gtitim

28th Aug 09 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shifts are harsh mate, I like ours. Our half nights are 5-3 so im chilling before tonight on the town. Often survive 18-20 hrs on 6hrs max sleep. You do get used to it - been doing the shifts for 2 years now, but still tired on early and late and nights too
Seany

28th Aug 09 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I start a new job on monday and its continental shifts
the pay makes up for it though
Lynny

28th Aug 09 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gtitim
shifts are harsh mate, I like ours. Our half nights are 5-3 so im chilling before tonight on the town. Often survive 18-20 hrs on 6hrs max sleep. You do get used to it - been doing the shifts for 2 years now, but still tired on early and late and nights too

our half nights are meant to be 5-3, but dont think iv ever gotten away before 5! although our 1-10 usually end up as 120-020 Looking forward to being in town tonight like.

Ive always worked shifts, for last 7 years or so, prefer it. But like yourself, always shattered on earlies etc. Cant get to sleep when I need to
gtitim

28th Aug 09 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Likewise mate - I have never finished at 3 on half nights. at 3 our clubs shut, so in small town over 1000 people onto the streets, leaving the 5 or so night cops on duty if we leave. We normally have a mooch round and try and sweep them into taxis and out of town before they start brawling. Praying the rain continues round here, as it means less will be out!
Graham88

28th Aug 09 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck shift, permanent nights ftw
Lynny

28th Aug 09 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you not find that when town is quiet, you just get a lot of domestic etc?
gtitim

28th Aug 09 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah - one or other. People get a bit of a shock when they call a domestic in on the 9s and the riot van turns up with 4 or 6 of us on it! Quite interesting. Plenty of overkill, but it quickly calms it down. People dont tend to try and argue with it, just gets the job sorted quicker so we can get back into town.

Generally town isnt too bad, and most are that pissed that they either dont complain or wont talk to us, just a few fights and assaults and public order stuff usually. Rarely fill the traps (10) on friday or saturday night, altho its bank holiday so who knows tonight?
Lynny

28th Aug 09 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tonight will prolly be quiet, its the sunday that tends to be bad, although it is also pay weekend for most!

yeah that sounds pretty standard of domestics, or its all kicking off, then in the cold light of day theres no complaints made!
gtitim

28th Aug 09 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agree mate - amount of time we lock people up, prep handovers, sort interpreters, statements etc, only to come back next shift and they dropped the whole thing - wonder why we bother sometimes??

Im nights sat and sun, so will be angling for some double time on monday morning into rest day, plus lieu day back.
mwg

28th Aug 09 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dad used to be all over the spot when he did shifts in the police. Was only once he retired we really saw how much it had knackered him out, he is like a different person now
MarkM

28th Aug 09 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shifts and weekend work FTL.

Glad I don't have to do any. Although I do work some long hours sometimes.
Corsa Sport Gav

28th Aug 09 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do constant early shift which is 6am till 2.30pm. if i got to bed early say 10.30pm or before i feel worse than i do if i goto bed at 12am - 1am.
fir3vip3r

28th Aug 09 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

start my shift work when i start with the police in a week... unfortunately not doing what you two are doing
Carl

29th Aug 09 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They are said to knock quite a lot of years off your life doing shifts, a copper was telling me that a lot die quite quickly after retiring!
Liam

29th Aug 09 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do 6-2 earlies and 2-10 lates, even that fucks my sleeping up. Still not used to it after nearly 2 years
dean101287

29th Aug 09 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to to the above. Worked monday- wednesday one shift then tursday and friday the other. Means every fortnight you finish work at 10pm and have to start the following day at 6am

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Shift people 22 database queries in 0.0117481 seconds