corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » debt?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author debt?
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

User status: Online
31st Aug 09 at 01:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so i got a loan and bought a clio, didnt like it! sold the clio payed off the loan, bought a corsa,

although its nice having to debt, im planning on putting money away each week for mods then onto saving for a new car!

but ive seen a car i'd really like and im tempted to get back into debt for it

talk me into our out of it
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Offline
31st Aug 09 at 01:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends what it is and whether you're going to like it.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

31st Aug 09 at 01:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

signum v6
Eck
Premium Member

31st Aug 09 at 01:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm seriously considering debt for either a silly blackpool rocket, or a mental bike If it tickles your fancy, go for it!
Colin

31st Aug 09 at 01:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A bit of dept's ok so long as its managable and sensible (i.e not for the full amount).

Modding a car is probably more foolish imo. Dead money!!
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

31st Aug 09 at 01:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
A bit of dept's ok so long as its managable and sensible (i.e not for the full amount).

thats what im thinking colin. say i spend 1.5k modding the corsa (probably be more) its not gonna increase the value

i can have the full amount saved in 2 years if i really want to

so if i get a loan say 5 years term
means i can mae the payments and still save a bit. get it paid off early. and the money saved from modding the corsa will be about the rate of interest

IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

31st Aug 09 at 01:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
I'm seriously considering debt for either a silly blackpool rocket, or a mental bike If it tickles your fancy, go for it!

whats a blackpool rocket?
ed

31st Aug 09 at 01:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A TVR
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

31st Aug 09 at 01:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah right

tvr sagaris in red oooooooh yes
Colin

31st Aug 09 at 01:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
quote:

thats what im thinking colin. say i spend 1.5k modding the corsa (probably be more) its not gonna increase the value

means i can mae the payments and still save a bit. get it paid off early. and the money saved from modding the corsa will be about the rate of interest

Dont think about it too much or try to talk yourself round.

Work out what you can afford a month & stick to it. Persoanlly I wouldnt take more than 50% of the value and not over more than 3-4yrs max.

Dont worry about the interest yur paying, think of it as if you wernt paying a car loan you'd only be out pissing it against a wall anyway. aim to pay 10% apr max & dont let them confuse you over flat rate & APR.
Eck
Premium Member

31st Aug 09 at 01:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
A TVR

But nae Sagaris or any new nonsense, Cerbera 4.5/Red Rose will do me fine thank you
Colin

31st Aug 09 at 01:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldnt buy a TVR unless I had another 10k stashed for when it brakes down in epic proportion...i.e. spits its engine onto the road!!
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

31st Aug 09 at 01:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Dont think about it too much or try to talk yourself round.

Work out what you can afford a month & stick to it. Persoanlly I wouldnt take more than 50% of the value and not over more than 3-4yrs max.

Dont worry about the interest yur paying, think of it as if you wernt paying a car loan you'd only be out pissing it against a wall anyway. aim to pay 10% apr max & dont let them confuse you over flat rate & APR.

i'd be getting the full amount if i got one

then sell my corsa and either pay that amount off or keep it until i can pay it all of at once
Eck
Premium Member

31st Aug 09 at 01:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The 4.5's aren't as renowned for falling to bits constantly, but tbh, that wouldn't really phase me. It's all part of the package What other car for £8k will get you to 60 in under 4 seconds too?
Colin

31st Aug 09 at 01:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
The 4.5's aren't as renowned for falling to bits constantly, but tbh, that wouldn't really phase me. It's all part of the package What other car for £8k will get you to 60 in under 4 seconds too?

What kind of mileage has it got for 8k?

I'd stay well clear!!

Eck
Premium Member

31st Aug 09 at 01:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

30,000 They're cheap these days
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

31st Aug 09 at 01:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck

usain bolt
Colin

31st Aug 09 at 01:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

i'd be getting the full amount if i got one

then sell my corsa and either pay that amount off or keep it until i can pay it all of at once

I wouldnt, especially over 5yrs!! You'll get bored of it in 2.5yrs then find you owe £££'s more than its worth.

IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

31st Aug 09 at 01:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it will be paid off by then.
Colin

31st Aug 09 at 01:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
30,000 They're cheap these days

Cheap for a reason?

I dunno....I just see it all ending in tears.

I just think the running costs wouuld be horrendous and it would be laid up off the road half the time!!
Colin

31st Aug 09 at 01:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What are you looking at anyway??
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

31st Aug 09 at 01:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

signum v6
Colin

31st Aug 09 at 01:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh yeah saiys at the top of the page doesnt it. 2.44am tbh

I dont know much about them, didnt they do a VXR version?

[Edited on 31-08-2009 by Colin]
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

31st Aug 09 at 01:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no they didnt.

its the diseasle version i'd be getting

3.0 v6 cdti - the one ive seen has 19's too
Colin

31st Aug 09 at 01:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmmm bit odd looking at the back......fronts very astra. Think i'd prefer an astra like what kano got....

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » debt? 22 database queries in 0.0127909 seconds