corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Away to look at 206-picked it up today

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Away to look at 206-picked it up today
K3 VMU

User status: Offline
   4th Oct 09 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Away to look at a 1.1 Yreg 206 this afternoon for the missus, whats to look out for on them, because i ve never had any dealings with Pugs?

[Edited on 09-10-2009 by K3 VMU]

[Edited on 10-10-2009 by K3 VMU]
Jamie_Hastings1

4th Oct 09 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Check the back axles for play/camber. Mates put 2 on his mums in 40k/
danbear

4th Oct 09 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check all the electrics work
Muzzy@VauxhallScotland

4th Oct 09 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rear axle for play, drop links at the front, check central locking works, leaking from bulkhead into cabin. There is a fault with alot of 206's where the car randomly cuts out, it will re-start but it's a known fault with them some people have changed ECU, idle stepper motor and potentiometer and its still happening to their cars.

Timing belts are due every 80k or 5 years.
Richardhhha

4th Oct 09 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh and the common oil leak fom the top left of the engine (cam belt side) it will be obvious if it has got a leak.. means it needs a head gasket as they are common as muck (really easy to do tho and when you torque the head down do it 5nm more than wht it say's from the manufacturer it seems to stop them leaking somehow

CTS go quite a lot on them (they had a recal for these but they still go)

other than that just the general checks really and as muzzy said check the rear beam for play as the bushes do go on them.

also check the front lower arms, drop links and track rod ends as they do wear out wuick,, and top mounts as they tent to tear in half on the 206's
T21SVJ

4th Oct 09 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also gearbox mounts can fail on them. and as everyone else said electrics rear alexs.
Twiggy

4th Oct 09 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My Gti one had dodgy central locking...
Tom_Coe

4th Oct 09 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gearbox in general make sure it goes into all gears a mate had one and the gearbox went 3 time on him
K3 VMU

4th Oct 09 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well went and looked over the car, its had new bottom arms, had a good play about with the rear axle. electrics all work. its not the cleanest, has a few dents on it, slight leak from where the front pipe joins to middle section.

My girlfriend has her heart set on the car,its electric blue,and its a 206.

My Transit was just sold today, so its going to be the CBR for couple days till i get the money for it .

Plans for the 206:
Major service,filters,belts,etc
Gti 180 bumpers,spoiler,wheels,and interior parts
Ste
Premium Member

4th Oct 09 at 21:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I may have a GTi interior for sale over the winter.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Richardhhha

4th Oct 09 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you get it you will need to sort out a new exhaust for it as they do tend to shere off like the saxo's
K3 VMU

4th Oct 09 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ste W

you got any pics mate of what it looks like?
mattievRS

5th Oct 09 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by K3 VMU
well went and looked over the car, its had new bottom arms, had a good play about with the rear axle. electrics all work. its not the cleanest, has a few dents on it, slight leak from where the front pipe joins to middle section.

My girlfriend has her heart set on the car,its electric blue,and its a 206.

My Transit was just sold today, so its going to be the CBR for couple days till i get the money for it .

Plans for the 206:
Major service,filters,belts,etc
Gti 180 bumpers,spoiler,wheels,and interior parts

get sports bumpers for it mate as theyre the same as 180 ones.Rear is a little different but just basically an exhaust surround.You will need to get new sports wings and arch liners to make the front sports bumperfit properly on a non sports model though.
pow
Premium Member

5th Oct 09 at 11:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That 1.1 engine is very good though, pokey and amazing on fuel
Kano

5th Oct 09 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow

Agree with that, they go surprisingly well for what they are..
K3 VMU

5th Oct 09 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well the 1.1 is out the window, the more i thought about it today, the more i thought about it the more i thought " i aint buying that car" . it aint the cleanest,few dents etc, seat bolsters burst.

so after a whole afternoon of scouring everywhere on the net i have found a W reg 1.4 at a garage about 40miles from me, so going to have a look at it tomorow.

Ste
Premium Member

5th Oct 09 at 19:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Ste
Premium Member

5th Oct 09 at 19:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But now has new handles fitted to both sides as they tend to get kicked when people climb in the back and break.

sxibeast

5th Oct 09 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by m17tty

get sports bumpers for it mate as theyre the same as 180 ones.Rear is a little different but just basically an exhaust surround.You will need to get new sports wings and arch liners to make the front sports bumperfit properly on a non sports model though.

Not true, the sports front bumper goes on fine with non-sport wings, but yes you do need the arch liners. The sports wings are just slightly more flared at the top than the non-sport wings.

Also, the only porblem i have found with the gfs 206 is the main earth strap from the battery needed replacing, and if you change all the rear lights to LED ones, the high level brake light stays faintly on, so you need an inline resistor to switch it off. Otherwise a good car!

[Edited on 05-10-2009 by sxibeast]
pow
Premium Member

5th Oct 09 at 21:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kano
quote:
Originally posted by pow

They just don't idle

In all honesty though I'd stuff the 1.4 and stick with the 1.1, they are nippy enough and far far better on fuel, cheaper to tax and insure and generally the better all rounder.
Andrew

5th Oct 09 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My 1.6 307 pug is a little rough on idle from cold - just shakes a little. But it's had a hard life Had no problems with it apart from a leak on the radiator.

Spent no money on this car apart from 2 services and 2 new front tyres in 50k. Currently needs 2 new tyres and front pads. I'd have another one!!
K3 VMU

6th Oct 09 at 09:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
quote:
Originally posted by Kano
quote:
Originally posted by pow

They just don't idle

In all honesty though I'd stuff the 1.4 and stick with the 1.1, they are nippy enough and far far better on fuel, cheaper to tax and insure and generally the better all rounder.

The 1.1 isnt in good enough condition though, thats the reason i am away to look at this 1.4 today, i aint worried what size the engine is, i aint buying it to take down a quarter mile, or race some young twat in his souped up 1.2 clio!

and i m only £20 more to insure it
K3 VMU

6th Oct 09 at 09:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

how much? looks nice, half leather/alacantra ?
mattievRS

6th Oct 09 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sxibeast
quote:

Not true, the sports front bumper goes on fine with non-sport wings, but yes you do need the arch liners. The sports wings are just slightly more flared at the top than the non-sport wings.

Also, the only porblem i have found with the gfs 206 is the main earth strap from the battery needed replacing, and if you change all the rear lights to LED ones, the high level brake light stays faintly on, so you need an inline resistor to switch it off. Otherwise a good car!

well yeah it is true as sports arch liners aint going to fit non sports wings are they!Due to the flare on the sports wings you mentioned earlier.And also the sports bumper on non sports wings, a look shit and, b look even shitter fitting wise.

[Edited on 06-10-2009 by m17tty]
sxibeast

6th Oct 09 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by sxibeast
quote:

well yeah it is true as sports arch liners aint going to fit non sports wings are they!Due to the flare on the sports wings you mentioned earlier.And also the sports bumper on non sports wings, a look shit and, b look even shitter fitting wise.

[Edited on 06-10-2009 by m17tty]

Yes,a Sports front bumper will need the arch liners (however the non-sport liners can be made to fit), but wont need the wings to match as the sport liners fit non sport wings fine. Perhaps you might like to have a look on 206info.co.uk and see what people have done there?

The sport bumper is not wider, it just has a bigger opening or 'mouth' at the front, and on some, a colour coded bumper top, and has different fitting front fog lights compared to a non-sport one.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Away to look at 206-picked it up today 23 database queries in 0.0145142 seconds