corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Relationship day - Kids & Marriage

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Relationship day - Kids & Marriage
stubs

User status: Offline
7th Oct 09 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wont bore you with all the details, but I've been seeing a girl for a short while and on Monday night I gave her a key to my place. I've not asked her to move in, but I did it to prove to her how much I trust and love her and told her to come round whenever she likes.

I honestly believe she's the one for me this time, I've had a run of bad girlfriends (as well as good ones of course), but we just really work well together and she is everything I've ever looked for in a woman.

Now with my brother having a baby last week, we've both been getting VERY brudy (sp?) and I've expressed that I want to have kids at least before I'm 30 (about 3 years away). She also want this, as she's always wanted to be settled down with kids. She wants to wait a bit longer though to be sure that I'm not going to break her heart (I see sense in this and kinda feel the same myself), as her last fella made loads of promises etc and got her hopes up.

So how long have people waited in the past before making the babies? (planned of course) Obviously we will do it when we both feel ready about it, but I'm just interested to hear other people's stories
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

7th Oct 09 at 12:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how long have you been with her?
gez bay

7th Oct 09 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how long do you mean by short while?
Conway563

7th Oct 09 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was with my ex for 3 months before she got pregnant, won't bore you with the details but that ended in divorce

Me and my current mrs have been together 15 months, have been living together for 4 months and she's 15 weeks pregnant
mattk

7th Oct 09 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you catholic by any chance joe?
Conway563

7th Oct 09 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

First was naivety and thinking my ex was "the one". This time wasn't planned but not unwelcome
Lawrah
Premium Member

7th Oct 09 at 12:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your all fucking mad.
Joe

7th Oct 09 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At what point do you think we will have kids Laura?
willay
Premium Member

7th Oct 09 at 12:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Man imagine the kids laura is going to have.

Lawrah
Premium Member

7th Oct 09 at 12:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joe

Im not entirely sure Joe, possibly when we have settled into our own place, have a stable income and are mature enough to bring up children. Possibly even wait for marrage, but Im not a great believer in that.
Joe

7th Oct 09 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Lawrah
quote:
Originally posted by Joe

Im not entirely sure Joe, possibly when we have settled into our own place, have a stable income and are mature enough to bring up children. Possibly even wait for marrage, but Im not a great believer in that.

Oh, I was hoping we could go on a couple of dates and then we could start trying?! I guess I was way off the mark!

Women!
gtitim

7th Oct 09 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been together 7 yrs, married 3. got married in September, she fell pregnant in the February. By choice - planned. Now have a 22 month old and haven't looked back. It's bloody hard - mrs works part-time, we get no help from the Government ie tax credits other than family allowance of £80 a month. Kids are very expensive in terms of costs and loss of income ie maternity pay then??? afterwards, nursery @40 a day etc etc, but worth it all.
willay
Premium Member

7th Oct 09 at 12:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'd also like to start 'trying'
Lawrah
Premium Member

7th Oct 09 at 12:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry Pal.
a_j_mair

7th Oct 09 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was seeing the missus for 3 or 4 months before she fell pregnant, had known each other for 18 months or so before that

wasnt planned but was best thing to ever happen

we bought a house when she was 3 months gone, daughter was 1 last friday

best thing in the world

Alot of people want to wait untill they are ready etc etc

Having a stable income and family home etc yes you can get ready for that but i dont know if it is something i would personally ever have been ready for emotionaly with the complete change in life style etc

I would like another sooner rather than later so i am young enough to be able to enjoy time with them
willay
Premium Member

7th Oct 09 at 12:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3-4 months! jesus.
andys sxi
Premium Member

7th Oct 09 at 12:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have been with my gf for 4 years. going from some of the things in here i should have about 4 kids now lol not a chance im 2 younge to even think bout having kids

April 08 feature car
a_j_mair

7th Oct 09 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep. was a little unexpected

when i say seeing i mean together really

were seeing each other for about 6 months before that
John

7th Oct 09 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not until I'm in a house with enough money to support a kid in the way I'd like.
Daimo B

7th Oct 09 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been with my Missis nearly 10 years.

Planned to have kids before we were 30, but thats been put off till before we're 35.

IMO, if you haven't got a hugley stable relationship, theres a high chance of seperation/divorce. This will mean a broken up family, something i've been through myself, and never want my future children to endure.

Also, I want to have my life before bringing another into this world, hence why I disagree with such young pregnencies, as they are still kids themselfs.

But this is me and my partner, others are different.
mwg

7th Oct 09 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Not until I'm in a house with enough money to support a kid in the way I'd like.

exactly... hence I am not a father although I could of been at one point
a_j_mair

7th Oct 09 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR

Planned to have kids before we were 30, but thats been put off till before we're 35.

IMO, if you haven't got a hugley stable relationship, theres a high chance of seperation/divorce. This will mean a broken up family, something i've been through myself, and never want my future children to endure.

Also, I want to have my life before bringing another into this world, hence why I disagree with such young pregnencies, as they are still kids themselfs.

I agree with what you are saying with regards to seperation and divorce etc
something that i would never want to be involved in

I also agree with people having kids when they are just kids themselfs

Do you not think 35 is quite old though??

you will be 50 by the time they are 15

stubs

7th Oct 09 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

@ willay & gez, we've been together properly only for a couple of months. I've known her for years though, and neither of us have kids or been married before.

I think part of this feeling "ready" is that I'm in a very good job with great prospects albeit not exactly what I'd love to do, but I'm happy and secure. She isn't going to move in with me just yet, but I hope that will be changed by this time next year.

I don't want to rush things any quicker than we both feel we're ready for, but we are madly in love with each other and things feel so right. I've done the puppy love stuff before, and had a mortgage with one of my ex's and all along it didn't quite feel right, so I know for sure this time it's not just because it's early days... This is the 1st time in my life I've ever wanted kids, and it's not just because my brother's just had one, cos he had his 1st boy when I was living with my ex... she wanted kids and I didn't.

Life's so crazy at times
Daimo B

7th Oct 09 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by a_j_mair

tbh I don't think 50 is that old, and theorectically i'll be older, better wage, house paid off, so can give my child/ren a better life than I had.

It is quite old, but fairly common down south due to so many career minded people working in the city and around local areas. I've know quite a few older parents as I was growing up.

Its a good point, you can also say having children young also enables you to enjoy your life when your older, but for us, we wanted to enjoy our life whilst young, going away, have nice holidays, get a house, have a good foundation.

Theres still time for us as well when we're retired. But it totally depends how you want to run your own life really
stubs

7th Oct 09 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by a_j_mair
quote:
Originally posted by VXR

I agree with what you are saying with regards to seperation and divorce etc
something that i would never want to be involved in

I also agree with people having kids when they are just kids themselfs

2 good points by Daimo & AJ..

I don't ever want to be part of a broken family. I've been very fortunate in that my parents are still together and have never shown any signs otherwise. I value a good & healthy family life more than anything.

But as AJ has mentioned, I don't want to be too old when they're growing up.. simply because I would love to be a grandad before I'm too old

Daimo, what do you mean by "having your life" before you have kids? My brother and his wife are loving life more than anything right now

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Relationship day - Kids & Marriage 23 database queries in 0.0125690 seconds