corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Loose Change

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Loose Change
oceansoul

User status: Offline
11th Oct 09 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What do you do with all your loose change?
When im out, i just stick in my back pocket. But it ends up getting lost etc. Earlier today i was sorting out my washing...and found £9.30 in change result, but id rather have spent it this weekend instead of withdrawing another tenner.
I was thinking of getting one of them wallet things just for change, but old men have them
O..There is no room in my wallet for change.
Rich H

11th Oct 09 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

During the time I'm out and spending money to get change I stick it in my wallet as it has a small change area too. When I get home, anything less than 50p gets relegated to a big jar I have full of 1p through to 20p coins. Tend to bag them up once every 6 months or so and cash them in - nice little "bonus" each time I do too
Cosmo

11th Oct 09 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a big pot in my room which I throw all my change in when I get in, probably have a few hundred quid in there by now from the last few years.

I hate carrying change round in my pockets so tend to never take it back out with me if I come in with some.
ed

11th Oct 09 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I spend it in shops, isn't that the normal thing to do with change? Or is it strange that I buy things for less than £5 and in smaller denominations than £5
AlexSXI

11th Oct 09 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do similar to Cosmo + Rich, at the end of everyday i empty the change out of my pockets (1p-20p's) into a jar in my room, and as i get paid monthly quite often the 4th week of the month a few days before payday i'm abit short of cash so i take it to one of those coinstar machines at asda/sainsburys etc, normally get between £20-£40 a month, most i ever got was £230odd after not cashing it in for about 4months, was like an extra weeks pay

Cosmo

quote:
Originally posted by ed
I spend it in shops, isn't that the normal thing to do with change? Or is it strange that I buy things for less than £5 and in smaller denominations than £5

yes its strange.
BarnshaW

i tend to wack all my change in fruit machines if i am out.
jezza

11th Oct 09 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AlexSXI
I do similar to Cosmo + Rich, at the end of everyday i empty the change out of my pockets (1p-20p's) into a jar in my room, and as i get paid monthly quite often the 4th week of the month a few days before payday i'm abit short of cash so i take it to one of those coinstar machines at asda/sainsburys etc, normally get between £20-£40 a month, most i ever got was £230odd after not cashing it in for about 4months, was like an extra weeks pay

I work at Tesco.. we have a Coinstar, but doesn't it take something like 7.9p from every £1?

A better idea would be to go through a self service checkout and put all your pennies and whatever in that. What I do.
Bonney

11th Oct 09 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With me anything less than £1 coins get threw in a big pot, Then at the end of the week, what ever is in my pocket gets threw in there and left to mount up. Usually end up with an extra few hundred come christmas time
Marc

11th Oct 09 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Used to use it for the Park & Ride when I used it.

1p's, 5p's and 20p's go in my massive Grolsh bottle, nothing else will fit!

[Edited on 11-10-2009 by Marc]
oceansoul

11th Oct 09 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmm thats an idea. All my 1 and 2ps just get left the side and then end up all over the floor..
Richardhhha

11th Oct 09 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

put it in money boxes, just counted my change yeasterday to keep tabs on it all, and it came to £110.14 so i need to get a single £1 coin to make 2 £1 bags for putting in the bank
Daveskater
Premium Member

11th Oct 09 at 19:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a piggy for coppers

Got just over £2 in there at the mo

Doesn't often get stuff put in it though as I usually keep a few on me because stuff always adds up to random amounts

Oh yeah, and we have a 20p jar in the kitchen which gets cashed in £10 denominations every so often then spent on going out for a meal or something.

[Edited on 11-10-2009 by Daveskater]

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
AlexSXI

11th Oct 09 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah the coinstar machines do take 7.9p per £1 but it goes to good causes i think, even so i think it's worth it as it does the counting for me!
ed

11th Oct 09 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It goes to good causes, mostly to the guy who owns the machine.
jezza

11th Oct 09 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AlexSXI
Yeah the coinstar machines do take 7.9p per £1 but it goes to good causes i think, even so i think it's worth it as it does the counting for me!

But your tenner becomes £9.21
Twiggy

11th Oct 09 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My bro just bought a new TV with his copper

Another mate just put it in the door pocket in his clio....
J da Silva

11th Oct 09 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I put in a massive coca cola bottle money pot, every year we empty it and spend it on the family for xmas.
John

11th Oct 09 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think it's a true story, the moomins crashed planes into the twin towers but it was the Americans that had rigged them with explosives.
Cosmo

11th Oct 09 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
I think it's a true story, the moomins crashed planes into the twin towers but it was the Americans that had rigged them with explosives.

And this then made it true that most of use collect our change?
Colin

11th Oct 09 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I try to pay for whatever I can in correct change. Makes me pleased with myself that I dont have to burst a note just to but a drink or something daft!! So usually have 3-4 quid on me & run that down as I go along.
Gareth F

11th Oct 09 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a card wallet, anything bigger fucks me off. Change goes into back pocket and then gets spent on kebab or when i get home is goes into my over sized coke bottle. End.
mattk

11th Oct 09 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have 2 Asda bags full of change in my room, been collecting them since school I really should cash it in, deffo a few hundred there
DannyB
Premium Member

11th Oct 09 at 21:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had an empty one of these, It got left at the old house though. I need to get another one really, last for ages

antnee

11th Oct 09 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive got a zipped bit on my wallet, but I put any 1,2 or 5p's into a box I have, gradually bag them up and my mum then takes them to her work and swaps it for whatever

I like to have some change on me, so I don't end up breaking notes for a Mars bar or whatever, otherwise I just spend all that note on crap

[Edited on 11-10-2009 by antnee]

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Loose Change 23 database queries in 0.0165122 seconds