corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Jobs

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Jobs
Root

User status: Offline
22nd Nov 09 at 02:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what's your job and how did you get it? (eg: qualifications, knew the boss or a lucky applicant?)

would be interesting to know what most you do as a daytime job to fund all these awesome projects.

I deliver pizzas...so I'd be suprised if anyone has a worst job
ed

22nd Nov 09 at 02:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm a PhD student/bum. I got the 'job' because a prof at my uni liked an idea of mine
DannyB
Premium Member

22nd Nov 09 at 03:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I work for Ford doing numerous things, got the job by applying (have experience in doing what I do) applied for it last year but it had allready gone, applied this time around and got it.
Seany

22nd Nov 09 at 03:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sub sea insulation technician, got transfered from my old job. loving it tbh

edited for drunken spelling

[Edited on 22-11-2009 by Seany]
Lynny

22nd Nov 09 at 05:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Police officer, got the job after the long, hard recruitment process! And I love it, actually is the best job ever!
bigboykarl

22nd Nov 09 at 07:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

controller executive taxi company...was a despatch rider,then a controller for despatch riders... my boss at the time asked me to take over the car side as the staff at the time had made a mess ,sorted it and worked there a further 8 years before moving companys

[Edited on 22-11-2009 by bigboykarl]
Rich H

22nd Nov 09 at 07:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Self employed; run my own mobile valeting & detailing business.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

22nd Nov 09 at 09:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

machine setter for a shot peening company - knew someone who worked there
C2RL R

22nd Nov 09 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

electrical engineer, did a year at college after school doing electrical installation. 2 managers from my firm came down to our college and asked the tutor for the 2 best lads to come for a week long trial. 2 of us went and i got the job. they paid for the next 6 years of my education and i'm still there now after 10 years.
Matt L

22nd Nov 09 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Accountant, joined during my second year of AAT now finished that and started onto ACCA, applied for a job that wasnt even gonig he asked me in for an interview and he offered me a job there and then
Kano

22nd Nov 09 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Roadside Mechanic for Green Flag.. Work for a local company with 2 of us employed to do breakdowns and accidents, used to race xc for my now boss's cycling team and my best mate works for him aswell so had a foot in the door already.

Good money and spend most of my day sat on my arse watching tv at home till a job comes in..

[Edited on 22-11-2009 by Kano]
All Torque

22nd Nov 09 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tesco.

They hire anybody.
Neo

22nd Nov 09 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IT Project and Accounts Manager - Worked way up through different companies.
JadeM
Premium Member

22nd Nov 09 at 10:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Work as a SORG officer with West Lothian Council. Applied for a job as a clerical assistant with them after seeing it advertised on their website. Was there a few months when I was offered a promotion to SORG officer, which almost doubled my salary

That all being said, the council are in a bad way as far a fiances are concerned - there budget has been drastically cut by central government so they're having to make massive savings/job cuts etc in the next financial year and beyond. They've put a halt on all recruitment, not replacing staff who leave and are currently doing job evaluations to see what further cuts can be made ........................

[Edited on 22-11-2009 by JadeM]
daymoon
Premium Member

22nd Nov 09 at 10:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Order picker... picking orders 3 days a week for Sainsburys... alright money for a student. was looking for a job after a-level exams and this was advertised in Job Centre plus.... i called, went for "interview" and got the job... aswell as about 30 odd other people... Work there since June, and don't think i will quit...
C2RL R

22nd Nov 09 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what's does SORG stand for Jade?
AlunJ

22nd Nov 09 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm a train dispatcher for arriva trains, as in the bloke with the white bat who sends the trains on their way. It's not too exciting tbh but it's a foot in the door to becoming a driver one day
JadeM
Premium Member

22nd Nov 09 at 11:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by C2RL R
what's does SORG stand for Jade?

I work for the Senior Officer Review Group - (SORG) assessing children with special needs I put on my CV that Colin falls into that category and I've coped with him for over 4 years, so I think that helped me get the job tbh

[Edited on 22-11-2009 by JadeM]
C2RL R

22nd Nov 09 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quality
mantamark

22nd Nov 09 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Emissions Tester.

Basically, i test all the huge stacks like at power stations, cement sites and so on, to see what they are emitting to the atmosphere.

Fun job, get to see the country, get decent digs, food & drinks paid for, good overtime too.

My aunty was working in admin & told me there was a job going, at the time i'd been jobless for 6mths, went in, got the job. that was 2003, still here, still going strong.

Can be a pain in shitty weather (ie, all the time) but some of the jobs are super cushy, so it levels out really.

Pay is going up as we have new exams in now, its an industry standard thing, so pay should be on the up soon.
shaunmods
Premium Member

22nd Nov 09 at 11:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I work for Sports Direct part time around college. My mate told me they were having an open day so I turned up, turned out it was invite only...oops Managed to blag an interview and got the job
chrisd1983

22nd Nov 09 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm an Electrical Engineer, they approached me when I was working for BMW in Cowley and there paying me to
finish my degree. Hopefully get a big payrise when I'm finished - if not I'm gone!!
Nath

22nd Nov 09 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Service Engineer/Technician for Leica Geosystems.

Applied for the job after seeing it in the paper.

Then got it.

Marc

22nd Nov 09 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Geek for Gamestations contact centre. I take calls from all the fan boys that reside in Geek Day. Applied through agency.

[Edited on 22-11-2009 by Marc]
Cosmo

22nd Nov 09 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Self employed - basically all the business side of the family business which is 5 bridal shops and a womenwear shop.

Left Uni and was applying for jobs. My mum and sister already had one shop open, my Dad was on gardening leave after selling his other business so they asked if I wanted to join them and expand rapidly expand it. So I did - mainly as its first hand experience of running my own business so I can then go out on my own with the ideas Ive got.

I expect I'll continue working hands on for the next 6-12 months and then most of my daily duties will be passed to a central team and I'll be free at last.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Jobs 22 database queries in 0.0173252 seconds