corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Hids...

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Hids...
*JonnyG*

User status: Offline
   7th Dec 09 at 00:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey Guys. Are H.i.d's any good in standard headlights? I've got 90% halfords bulbs, and there pants.

Cheers.
~willow~

7th Dec 09 at 00:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea but they arent legal, used to have them in mine but she failed her mot for them so had to rip them out.
davieslim

7th Dec 09 at 00:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

in standard non projector style lights the light just goes everywhere, there better but to anyone oncoming there blinding
*JonnyG*

7th Dec 09 at 00:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmm, they just the standard 1s, are they any better with depos?
Corsa_Scotty

7th Dec 09 at 01:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nope not really as depos are the same type a standards but with the insides painted
Root

7th Dec 09 at 01:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

HID headlights are not legal? Are you sure? Why do so many new cars have them with tossers not knowing how to properly adjust their headlights then? I get blinded by loads when driving at night....And vans don't need HID's, they blind you anyway. wankers
porter_89

7th Dec 09 at 01:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

new cars aint got hids they go xenon healight units like the new bimmers ect ect
Root

7th Dec 09 at 01:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by porter_89
new cars aint got hids they go xenon healight units like the new bimmers ect ect

ah right. well they're still too fucking bright whatever they call them I hate them tbh...I mean, I want a set because I <3 the look of them but...they're so annoying when they're shone in your face because there's a spastic behind the wheel with their headlight adjuster on #1 so it burns your retinas.
davieslim

7th Dec 09 at 01:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the rules seem to say there illegal in cars that dont have automatic adjusters and washers fitted but theres nothing about retro fitting them to older cars
~willow~

7th Dec 09 at 08:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont know then, mine did blind anyone i followed and they failed mot so were removed, on a pluss note they looked sexy as though lol
DaveyLC

7th Dec 09 at 08:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Root
HID headlights are not legal? Are you sure? Why do so many new cars have them with tossers not knowing how to properly adjust their headlights then? I get blinded by loads when driving at night....And vans don't need HID's, they blind you anyway. wankers

The car really needs to have the right reflectors to work with HID bubls or projector lenses to get the right pattern.. Also to be legal the car must have head-light washers and self leveling lights.
AndyCorsaSport

7th Dec 09 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My old Sport had them with Depos, never blinded anyone, and passed MOT.

Beam it gave out, wasnt toooo bad

biswell

7th Dec 09 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

HIDs are not illegal what are you going on about why do all new cars have them ?? the only ileagal HIDs are 8000k 1200k
Adam C
Premium Member

7th Dec 09 at 13:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im pretty sure to have HID's you have to have projector style headlights, headlight washers and the lights have automatic adjusters.

Im not 100% but thats what a mate got told when he wanted some on his Mk3 Astra, he fitted them to his standard headlights anway and looks very silly and very blinding.

My Arden Blue Astra GSi MK4 on BBS LM's Project Thread
John

7th Dec 09 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by biswell
HIDs are not illegal what are you going on about why do all new cars have them ?? the only ileagal HIDs are 8000k 1200k

Hids are illegal unless they have a headlight unit designed for them, washers and a self levelling mechanism (light unit or suspension).

The colour temperature on it's own does not make them illegal although the law states they should be white, so anything too far to either side of white would be lillegal yes.
steven_r2008

7th Dec 09 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

As said earlier in the post, new cars have Xenon Units which are not the same as H.I.D kits. For a H.I.D kit to be legal they must be fitted behind a projector lens, with headlamp washers and automatic levellers. iirc your dipped beam must also remain powered when main beam is activated aswel.

so no H.I.D's are not illegal but the way in which you fit them could very well be

oh yeah, 8000ks are not illegal, 10000ks are really pushing it and 12000ks are off road use only.

6000k's give pure daylight off and look really smart

. . . . added him in there just to be festive

[Edited on 07-12-2009 by steven_r2008]
biswell

7th Dec 09 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by steven_r2008
quote:

As said earlier in the post, new cars have Xenon Units which are not the same as H.I.D kits. For a H.I.D kit to be legal they must be fitted behind a projector lens, with headlamp washers and automatic levellers. iirc your dipped beam must also remain powered when main beam is activated aswel.

so no H.I.D's are not illegal but the way in which you fit them could very well be

oh yeah, 8000ks are not illegal, 10000ks are really pushing it and 12000ks are off road use only.

6000k's give pure daylight off and look really smart

. . . . added him in there just to be festive

[Edited on 07-12-2009 by steven_r2008]

okay fair point but if you dont go over 1000k then you will have no problem of being pulled over or anything
~willow~

7th Dec 09 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i never got pulled for mine, but they did annoy anyone i followed and i always had people flash me at night when they were coming towards me. pain in the arse they were
AndyCorsaSport

7th Dec 09 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine were fine, never once had anyone flash me, and know one i ever followed complained.
djgritt
Premium Member

7th Dec 09 at 18:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People saying modern cars don't have 'HIDs' do relaise that Xenon Lights are HID don't they?...

High Intensity Discharge (HID) refers to the Arc inside the lamp
Xenon refers to the Gas used inside the Lamps

They are both the same thing...
glasgow_corsa_c

7th Dec 09 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

only get 4300 or 5000k .

6000k is blue... no matter what anyone says
flybikeslee

7th Dec 09 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by glasgow_corsa_c
only get 4300 or 5000k .

6000k is blue... no matter what anyone says

depends on which headlights they're in
corsayoung

7th Dec 09 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine are 6000k and i have no problem
flybikeslee

7th Dec 09 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

6k in the octav look white, in my mates civic they look blue, same kit, different headlights. 4300k in my civic looked white. anything more than 8k looks a bit chav these days
*JonnyG*

7th Dec 09 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would go for the 4700's if i was to buy any, not really sure on the blue, just asking for attention.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Hids... 23 database queries in 0.3902149 seconds