corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 206 gone big time.

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 206 gone big time.
barneykarl

User status: Offline
   29th Dec 09 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bad day my daughter just wrote off her car 206 went in the back of a clio also write off, I had to sort it all out, told her should have got a corsa, no injurys so she has learnt a lesson when its pissing down leave a big gap, I hope to pay for another clio to save her insurance about 2.5k by the look of things, oh well shit happens.
DannyB
Premium Member

29th Dec 09 at 19:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck that, go through the insurance, that's why it's there, otherwise you might aswell of not insured it. Atleast she is ok, cars can be replaced anyway, people can't

[Edited on 29-12-2009 by DannyB]
am4nf

29th Dec 09 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your gona buy the other person another clio?
Adam_B

29th Dec 09 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Insurance premium wont go up that much, just sort it through them
steel

29th Dec 09 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

better off going through insurance.

if they don't like the new clio you've bought them (or faulty etc etc), you've opened up another set of bothers lol
Tiger

29th Dec 09 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My car was written off, it wasnt worth a lot mind you (£800), it didnt put my insurance up at all through some insureres.
wakey1512

29th Dec 09 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i never went through insurance when i hit a saab 9-3, just paid monies directly to the woman and she got it fixed, insurance dont know and i keep my no claims which is critical at my age
Tiger

29th Dec 09 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But you dont lose all your no claims, I lost 2 years out of 6 so it barely changed my insurance..
wakey1512

29th Dec 09 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

different kettle of fish when you have no claims to lose, i have none and i would really like 1 year no claims next april.
AndyCorsaSport

29th Dec 09 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What difference would a Corsa have made may i ask?
chloe16v

29th Dec 09 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i wish she had hit the back of me if i would get a new car out of it
GF-91
Banned

29th Dec 09 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyCorsaSport
What difference would a Corsa have made may i ask?
barneykarl

29th Dec 09 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I mean give them in cash the value of there clio in full and final payment for there loss, I do not want my daughters insurance to be blemished ,I have phoned them to inform of the accident,this will cost more than the book value that they will be offered by the insurance but i think this is the way to go in the long run,as for the 206 versus corsa I think the corsa would have faired better than the 206 as for the clio they must be made out of rice paper looked like it had been hit by an artic, could be worse was just going to buy her some 16" alloys for the motor, for sale unused new haynes manual.
pow
Premium Member

29th Dec 09 at 23:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

SO you've told them shes had an accident?
barneykarl

29th Dec 09 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

of course, old bill and ambulance attended etc etc , also you have to inform your insurance company with this ammount of damage , daughter is only TPFT so she has cost me a fair wedge, car was mint only 30k shame but main thing is she is ok.
djgritt
Premium Member

30th Dec 09 at 11:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The reason a 206 would look like it hasn't coped well is more advanced crumple zones than a Corsa.

If she has smashed it that bad to do more damage than that, she must have been going some...

And, if you don't want her insurance to be tainted, let her deal with it herself. You didn't run into the Clio.
Neo

30th Dec 09 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by barneykarl
of course, old bill and ambulance attended etc etc , also you have to inform your insurance company with this ammount of damage , daughter is only TPFT so she has cost me a fair wedge, car was mint only 30k shame but main thing is she is ok.

TBH if you have told them it'll already be more than likely against her name on the database whether she claims or not.

To be completely honest, It shouldnt increase the premium by 2.5k over 5 years ! Your better off going through insurance and getting what you pay for.

A member on here wrote off his car and it barely affected the premium (afaik at fault claim and written off) so your more than likely to get away from this fairly unhurt in the pocket.

Also would be interesting to find out if the other car has insurance rather than you just giving them a bundle of cash tbh
Cosmo

30th Dec 09 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If they know about the accident then get them to pay out for everything.

The only point of covering the cost is if you dont tell the insurance at all.
barneykarl

30th Dec 09 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for your thoughts on this everyone, I will think again about what way to go on this ,going to get another car in a couple of weeks but she does not want another 206 and no way a clio maybe a polo, must have abs whatever she gets.
Tiger

30th Dec 09 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Neo

A member on here wrote off his car and it barely affected the premium (afaik at fault claim and written off) so your more than likely to get away from this fairly unhurt in the pocket.

Yeah that was me, My car was written off (Value £800) + damage to other car, which wasnt that major really though, it stripped me of 2 years no claims but then getting a quote from another company and they came up with a price that was only very slightly more expensive than my original insurance price.
Tiger

30th Dec 09 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I mean give them in cash the value of there clio in full and final payment for there loss

What if they dispute the amount their car was worth, then add a grand on for loss of earnings / inconvenience? I know if someone wrote my car off, then offered to pay for car and damages in cash, i'd take them to the cleaners for being so daft to even consider it.
Tiger

30th Dec 09 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
she does not want another 206 and no way a clio maybe a polo, must have abs whatever she gets.

Most french cars don't stand much impact. More so than ABS, don't scrimp on cheap budget tyres, they arent worth the paper the receipt is printed on.
Neo

30th Dec 09 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tiger
quote:
Originally posted by Neo

Yeah that was me, My car was written off (Value £800) + damage to other car, which wasnt that major really though, it stripped me of 2 years no claims but then getting a quote from another company and they came up with a price that was only very slightly more expensive than my original insurance price.

You werent in my mind at all however your another case so does prove the point that the price hike is somewhat over hyped
Sportycorsa86

30th Dec 09 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its part of a learning curve for her mate!
barneykarl

8th Jan 10 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well she has got another 206 could not find a polo we liked, picking it up tomorrow 02 plate with 17" alloys fitted already and a few other nice bits, going to go the insurance route on her crashed one, I hope she does not wreck this one bloody kids.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 206 gone big time. 22 database queries in 0.1569068 seconds