corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » It was expected Update..

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author It was expected Update..
Adam C
Premium Member

User status: Offline
11th Jan 10 at 22:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well I usually see the car about every week, but more recently I haven't seen or heard anything of it.
And just got word from a couple of mates that its been crashed

Haven't been bothered about the car since I sold it but mixed feelings of anger and sadness, just trying to get some extra info on how bad the damage is.
Car in question.

[Edited on 16-01-2010 by Green Thing]

My Arden Blue Astra GSi MK4 on BBS LM's Project Thread
Neo

11th Jan 10 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Worst feeling ever finding out the car you loved is wrecked. Both my previous cars have been written off which is gutting

Beautiful car too your old one
swill_omnibus

11th Jan 10 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah guttin mate, was my fav green one
.dean.

11th Jan 10 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thank fuck for that was thinking the gsi was dead!
Adam C
Premium Member

11th Jan 10 at 22:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by .dean.

Nope, Ive been playing it safe in this cold and icey weather, and getting lifts to work

RCoughtrie

11th Jan 10 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

.dean.

11th Jan 10 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Green Thing
quote:
Originally posted by .dean.

Nope, Ive been playing it safe in this cold and icey weather, and getting lifts to work

Archie
Organiser: Scotland
Premium Member

11th Jan 10 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3lfz

11th Jan 10 at 23:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

RIP
scottyp1989

11th Jan 10 at 23:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH i dont see how all these people write off their cars unless their being complete nobs, if someone else hits you fair enough but
Generation

11th Jan 10 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but what?
Adam C
Premium Member

11th Jan 10 at 23:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From what the guys mate has told me, he aquaplaned into a kerb, apparently needs a new wheel, new bumper and the chassis is bent, he isn't too sure if its the chassis is damaged, but there is probably alot un-mentioned that is also damaged.

SCOTTY.1

11th Jan 10 at 23:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Loved this car so much. Was so simple but lovely RIP
Mark.W

11th Jan 10 at 23:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Noooooooooooo
Adam C
Premium Member

12th Jan 10 at 00:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I doubt he's going to fix it tbh, seen so many cases of when someones (many people on here) sell there car after spending alot of time, money and effort on it and then sell it on, only for there pride and joy to be abused and not looked after, and this seems to be one of those cases.

I may be wrong and he might have accidently hit the kerb, but Ive seen the way hes driven it from day one he passed his test, Ive seen it being driven hard and to the limit, like I said I may be wrong but from what Ive seen then I heavily expect he was going to fast and in bad conditions.

Eck
Premium Member

12th Jan 10 at 05:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was such a lovely car. But that's what happens. He hasn't put the hours in, but he's coughed up the cash so he'll drive it like it's stolen because he's not had to put the blood, sweat and tears into making the car. Naturally it'll die eventually, but it is gay when someone breaks your old car! (Whittie )
Graham88

12th Jan 10 at 06:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have to say I sold my car and even though I knew it got crashed into it didn't even bother me. Was quite annoying but I had cash in my hand so was no odds to me.
random dav
Premium Member

12th Jan 10 at 07:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It wouldnt bother me if the new owner crashed it, if it meant that much you wouldn't have sold it, and you have something better now...

WRLFC !

Project cars
Adam C
Premium Member

12th Jan 10 at 08:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh your rite dav, now i've slept on it made me think, I wouldn't have kept it if i had the choice, and chances are if i did keep it I would be very bored of it.
I got £1200 for it when I sold it so got pretty good money for it, and helped me get my Astra so don't regret selling it at all, the Astra is a better car in most ways so wouldn't go back to it.
And doubt its worth as much as I sold it for now, and doubt its going to be a cheap fix either.

.dean.

12th Jan 10 at 09:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Green Thing
and helped me get my Astra so don't regret selling it at all, the Astra is a better car in most ways so wouldn't go back to it.

Adam C
Premium Member

12th Jan 10 at 09:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

apart from petrol costs dean but if i was bothered by that i would have bought a diesal

Whittie

12th Jan 10 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
Was such a lovely car. But that's what happens. He hasn't put the hours in, but he's coughed up the cash so he'll drive it like it's stolen because he's not had to put the blood, sweat and tears into making the car. Naturally it'll die eventually, but it is gay when someone breaks your old car! (Whittie )

I got crashed into, didn't crash it....
Adam C
Premium Member

16th Jan 10 at 12:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bit of an update, I went and had a look at it last night, got offered it cheap so was worth a look.

Safe to say its fit for the scrappy, front end had taken a heavy hit, headlights, bumper and cross bar where all gone, slam panel bent, bonnet bent in, the drivers side wing had been been pushed back so the door wouldnt open.
The door also had moved, looked like someone had broken into it as there was now a gap into the car at the top of the door, but thats a result from the crash.
Wheel had a quater of its rim missing and you could see into the tyre itself, the wheel was also rite back in the arch, couldnt get a finger between the wheel and arch both above and at the side.
Chassis was also bent along with the front arb, the drive shaft was touching the inner arch and the engine had chucked out all of its oil.

Safe to say that its fit for the scrappy now Still I managed to get £1200 for it a couple of months ago and now he'd be lucky to get someone even offering money for it

Mark.W

16th Jan 10 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would be devastated it that was my car

Kevxx

16th Jan 10 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my friend write off my old car after a week of having it, i felt gutted even though it wasn't mine anymore.
That was a tidy corsa

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » It was expected Update.. 23 database queries in 0.2424321 seconds