corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Why do people ruin cars?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Why do people ruin cars?
DaveyLC

User status: Offline
15th Jan 10 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A bird at works Clio (last of the old shape so only a few years old) was sounding like a bucket of bolts so I told her to go and get some oil from the local motorfactor and I'd top it up.

When I pulled the dip stick out it was dry as a bone and black with carbon! I ended up putting in over 2 litres of oil.. How the hell was it still running!

Its hardly done any miles so I doubt its ever even had a service!

WOMEN!
Scotty_B

15th Jan 10 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some people see then as a means of transport and not a hobby like most of us, hense why they have no clue or interest in how to look after it.

Does annoy me though.

[Edited on 15-01-2010 by CorSRi_BT]
oceansoul

15th Jan 10 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mates p reg 306 hasnt had a service in 2 years. We checked the oil, its thick and black and horrible. I told her to get some oil and a filter from halfords and id do it for/with her. But she said she cant afford it, then when it was my birthday drinks, she said she couldnt come coz her car was fucked.

WOMEN
Ian_GTI

15th Jan 10 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is why i stay away from used cars stating 'one lady owner'!
DaveyLC

15th Jan 10 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The whole "cant afford it" argument is a farce though, because buying a new engine is £1000's and a service is £100's.. lol.
C2RL R

15th Jan 10 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my sister did that with her first car but she didn't get away with it. me and my dad both told her to make sure she checks her oil etc and she said that she checked it regularly. then we get a phone call one moning saying she was driving to work and it stalled and wont start. the mechanic that sorted it said it was completely siezed up and one of the worst he'd seen. she still claims she had checked it and even topped it up so where she put the oil i have no idea.
Bobber123

15th Jan 10 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i worked in a garage a woman rang up and said she topped up her engine oil and then the car smoked like hell and then stopped running... when i asked her how much oil she put in it she replied "untill it was full and it was upto the top"

she filled the full block with oil! dosey bint!

[Edited on 15-01-2010 by Bobber123]
DaveyLC

15th Jan 10 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bobber123
when i worked in a garage a woman rang up and said she topped up her engine oil and it smoked like hell and then stopped running... when i asked her how much oil she put in it she replied "untill it was full and it was upto the top"

she filled the full block with oil! dosey bint!

A mate of mine did that on his fiesta! Another mate of mine filled his brake fluid reservior with oil.
Sam
Premium Member

15th Jan 10 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This thread should be renamed "Why do WOMEN ruin cars?"
Fro

15th Jan 10 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

filling the block with oil is hilarious
Sam
Premium Member

15th Jan 10 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fro-dizzle

My brother did something similar to one of his old cars years ago once.
Root

15th Jan 10 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some people assume the cars will keep running as long as they get in the car and turn the key. they have no interest how it works and assumes it will keep going and they should pay no attention to it. lol
dan_m1les

15th Jan 10 at 15:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

saying this i need to get my car serviced still
metterz123

15th Jan 10 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bizzle...batty
DaveyLC

15th Jan 10 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok?
Half Pint

15th Jan 10 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my neighbour simply buys a car and runs it until its paid off around 4-5 years and simply trades it in for another. Other than general tyres, tax and insurance etc they d onothig to the car in terms of maintenance and run it into the ground... probably the best way to get the most out of what is always a dwindling investment.
DannyB
Premium Member

15th Jan 10 at 15:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We have women coming in work all the time asking what's up with their car, then we find out there's no oil in it. Some people are dumb as fuck.
DaveyLC

15th Jan 10 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think your neighbour is mental lol! better off buying a fully serviced 3 year old second hand car thats halved in value and running that into the ground.
oceansoul

15th Jan 10 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

at some of these.

Isnt this why the questions were introduced in the driving test. I.e. oils etc.
To stop fools putting oil in the break reservior.

Ill give some of my girl mates credit, they do ask about engines n why oils in there n are intrested etc. But some of them are so dumb. A few years back when i had my nova i was doing an oil change and my gf of the time came round. She had just got new car, just passed her test etc. I had my bonnet up so she looked in, "Oh, doesnt your car need oil or screenwash or break fluid", "yes, of course it does", "well it obvo doesnt, as there are no were to put it in", "yes there is", "nope cant see them", I point at oil cap then brake fluid res, "but there not yellow, so how do you know thats where they go", I gave up after that.
Half Pint

15th Jan 10 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
I think your neighbour is mental lol! better off buying a fully serviced 3 year old second hand car thats halved in value and running that into the ground.

i know they are mental and i'd never buy a car off them.
Lynny

15th Jan 10 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This should be checked on the driving test! Annoys me lasses (and lads) like this! Especially those who can't change a wheel!!
Eck
Premium Member

15th Jan 10 at 18:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fro-dizzle

My mate did the same recently. He text me asking what I thought was wrong with it, as it had lost power and was smoking badly. It's an MG ZR so I immediately assumed head gasket, but went round and opened the Oil cap to see if there was any signs of a buggered HG, and it was full to the brim The oil was almost filling the dipstick ffs
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

15th Jan 10 at 18:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how much oil must it take to fill the block!
Hammer

15th Jan 10 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I treat mine as a means of transport tbh, the honeymoon period when I first get a car lasts a month then it gets used to take me places and washed once a year if its lucky.
oceansoul

15th Jan 10 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Lynny
This should be checked on the driving test! Annoys me lasses (and lads) like this! Especially those who can't change a wheel!!

Fair enough if they dont have the strength to change the wheel but theres no excuse for not knowing how. I dont get what goes through these peoples heads, standing there looking at the flat think hmm what to do. Does undo the bolts remove wheel put on spare do up bolts not instantly come to mind.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Why do people ruin cars? 22 database queries in 0.0105751 seconds