corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » facebook

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author facebook
SetH

User status: Offline
3rd Feb 10 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have just deactivated my account after 18 months of use.

What a nasty site to be honest, we were all doing fine before it came along I really cant see what its added to life. Probably more bad to good, ive seen it bring all manner of problems to peoples relationships etc... and its very sad that the day has come where a girl doesnt ask you for your phone number... she goes "are you on facebook?"... fucked imo.

You get people you know that add you, then never bother speaking to you etc or reply to comments etc so you think whats the point and delete them and they get pissy, such a drama if you delete someone from FB

Personally i think 80% of the people on there just like the ability to pry and be nosey into peoples lives?

Good riddance!
Marc

3rd Feb 10 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like nosying to be honest

Sorry, perving.
mwg

3rd Feb 10 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doesn't cause me any problems. Odd annoying person on it but never had a relationship or anything like that come a cropper from it
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

3rd Feb 10 at 17:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

perving is the best thing about it
Joe

3rd Feb 10 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree with everything you say. I still use it as it is decent for nosying and stuff. But yeah it does cause unnecessary bother in alot of cases.
Marc

3rd Feb 10 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like some of the apps. The album, book and film ones are good for keeping track of what you own/have seen.

If I don't like someone they are either not accepted or given limited access so nothing I or they do is seen.
Lynny

3rd Feb 10 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We deal with an unbelievable amount of FB related jobs at work, very annoying! Some people are just utterly immature though
Cosmo

3rd Feb 10 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive resisted joining up, I'll wait until all the badgers get bored and leave then do so
Jake

3rd Feb 10 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SetH
and its very sad that the day has come where a girl doesnt ask you for your phone number... she goes "are you on facebook?"... fucked imo.

I'd say that im quite old fashioned in some ways, and this is one of the worst things to come about from facebook.

SetH

3rd Feb 10 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

defo jake...

plus the fact if you add someone you just met you suddenly give them a massive mirror into your life to see who your friends are, what you get up to etc etc...

Thus they will build up an opinion of you based on your facebook profile before youve even had a first date!

For this reason alone ive refused to add any girls that ive met and they get pissy about it???
Marc

3rd Feb 10 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just ask for their numbers in person
Nick-S

3rd Feb 10 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont have a problem with it, then again i dont use it that much.

Perving is the best use for it though
JonnyJ

3rd Feb 10 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
Ive resisted joining up, I'll wait until all the badgers get bored and leave then do so

I'm not leaving
Graham88

3rd Feb 10 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never had a problem with it really, I have known people to leave cause it puts strain on a relationship but I think if that puts strain on it then it's not really gonna last very long....

Perving/keeping in good contact/looking at peoples pictures I think it's brilliant
jay2907

3rd Feb 10 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think puttin strains on a relationship is the common one amount of times ive argued with my gf for talking to someone on there when its just general conversation and nothing more lol. im always saying ill delete it if you want me to but she says no but soon as i talk to a girl we back to square one
JonnyJ

3rd Feb 10 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If i had a girlfriend who got pissy everytime i added someone one facebook she would be told to GTFO. Its only the internet, its not real.
jay2907

3rd Feb 10 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
If i had a girlfriend who got pissy everytime i added someone one facebook she would be told to GTFO. Its only the internet, its not real.

well i only got it half way through last year and ive been wi her 3 years so not that easy to say gtfo lol i know its jelousy but at least it shows she cares i guess :s and i live with her might i add

[Edited on 03-02-2010 by jay2907]
Generation

3rd Feb 10 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah mate, I have same problem with my gf tbh, I literrally laugh it off now, been together 4 yrs used to be myspace she moaned about, like said above its the internet yeah, but if you know these people in person (i know everyone on my facebook in person) then its slightly different, but yeah least she cares enough I guess
SetH

3rd Feb 10 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Thats what I always so, but trust me... so many people are so wrapped up in it they consider it to be real life now.
JonnyJ

3rd Feb 10 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jay2907
quote:

well i only got it half way through last year and ive been wi her 3 years so not that easy to say gtfo lol i know its jelousy but at least it shows she cares i guess :s and i live with her might i add

My comment wasn't directed at you mate.

More my personal opinion, can't be doing with lasses that get their knickers in a twist over such trivial things
jay2907

3rd Feb 10 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation
Yeah mate, I have same problem with my gf tbh, I literrally laugh it off now, been together 4 yrs used to be myspace she moaned about, like said above its the internet yeah, but if you know these people in person (i know everyone on my facebook in person) then its slightly different, but yeah least she cares enough I guess

same here if theyre on my facebook its people i have actualy met wether from school work or just mates there int no one on it i havent ever met like people have like 1000+ mates i meen come on no one knows that many people lol

mwg

3rd Feb 10 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is the sort of shit status' that cracks me up but also makes me think WTF are you playing at broadcasting what is blatantly some sort of domestic over facebook:

quote:
I'm just pissed off with you okay. You cannot just talk to me when it suits YOU. That's not very friend-like. I'm going to bed, not feeling so great.
SetH

3rd Feb 10 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think it majory went down hill when they added the status feature.
Jake

3rd Feb 10 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^same thing happened on my fb. had a word and she deleted it soon after

text message more appropriate?
mwg

3rd Feb 10 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jake
text message more appropriate?

maybe I should write that on anyone's status that writes things like that, see what kind of response I get

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » facebook 22 database queries in 0.0117660 seconds