corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » July 11th, 2010 England are World Cup Winners

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author July 11th, 2010 England are World Cup Winners
Dr Pepper

User status: Offline
24th Feb 10 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This thread is for everyone who like me believes England will win the World Cup in South Africa.

This thread is not for people who think we will lose in semis, or that we dont have a good enough keeper, and that our right back looks dodgy ect blah blah.

This is for believers. I look forward to us all posting in here, hungover to fuk on the 12th July telling all the haters how smug we are feeling. I personally will have my hangover eased by the large amount of winnings i am due to make from our historic world cup glory.

Our Media like to try and fuk our national team up, they like to try and make us believe we are not in the same class as Spain, Italy and all those other greasy haired faggots. This thread is here to tell you all why they are wrong.

This thread has two main uses

1- If you are currently not a believer.... please tell us why...we will be happy to try and make you understand why you are wrong.

2- If you are a believer then please let us all know why England are guaranteed to win the World Cup.

I am especially interested to hear from people who think we have no chance(heathens) who after reading this thread in the build up to the world cup change their mind and find their faith- born again England Fans like myself.

This thread is for telling everyone why we will win it - that includes reporting injuries to other countries players, letting everone know if certain spanish players are low on form ect ect.

I am also very interested in predictions of exactly how england will win the world cup. In time I will reveal how England are going to do it....I dont want to tell you yet incase it ruins my odds at the bookies....I will reveal that we win the final 3-1 with Beckham scoring 1 and making two.

In the name of the Rooney, the Lampard and the Holy Capello

AMEN.

[Edited on 24-02-2010 by Dr Pepper]

mwg

24th Feb 10 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You should post in Sports Day more often
Nath

24th Feb 10 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From the Walcott thread:

I'd like to think we'd do well. But there are alot of 'tournament' teams about. Like Italy for example. They plod along through the group stages without ever impressing, but then they also know exactly how to play tournament football.

Then there's the unpredictable teams like Holland, Portugal, Argentina, and France. They can beat anybody on their day.

Then there are the ever dominant forces such as Brazil, Germany, and Spain.

We are equally matched to all the above, but we also manage to fuck it up for oursleves with either misfortune or ill tempered players.

I reckon we'll finish 4th after losing the 3rd/4th play off.
Nath

24th Feb 10 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
You should post in Sports Day more often

And this!
Dr Pepper

24th Feb 10 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok - todays sermen is on Brother Lampard

Heres the facts from Wiki

From his debut onwards he was ever-present in the Chelsea first team, setting a record 164 consecutive Premier League appearances. He established himself as a prolific scorer at the West London club and was a key part of the sides which won back-to-back Premier League titles in 2004-05 and 2005-06 and a domestic cup double in 2007. He signed a new contract in 2008, becoming the highest paid Premier League footballer at that time,[3] and scored in his first Champions League Final that same year. He won the FA Cup for the second time in 2009, scoring the winning goal in the final. On 23 December 2009, he was named the Premier League's Player of the decade by official stats.[4]

Lampard has won the Chelsea Player of the Year award three times and is the clubs 5th all-time goalscorer with 143 goals in all competitions, including 93 league goals, the most in club history for a midfielder. He is the highest goalscoring midfielder in Premier League history with 117 league goals [5] and he's 3rd in the Premier League's all-seasons assists table with 149 assists [5]. In 2005, Lampard was voted PFA Fans' Player of the Year, FWA Footballer of the Year also he came second in both the FIFA World Player of the Year and the Ballon d'Or. He is considered one of the best players in the world[6][7][8][9].

Internationally, Lampard has been capped 76 times by England since making his debut in 1999, and scored 20 goals. He was voted England player of the year for two consecutive years in 2004 and 2005. He played in UEFA Euro 2004 (scoring three goals in four games). He was topscorer for England in their 2006 World Cup qualifying campaign scoring 5 goals, and he played in the 2006 World Cup. Then in the 2010 World Cup qualifiers he scored 4 goals which helped send England to the South Africa 2010 World Cup.

Lampard is an Athlete Ambassador for the international children's charity Right To Play.

Lampard has two children, Luna and Isla, with Elen Rives.

IN THE HISTORY OF THE PREMIER LEAGUE FRANK LAMPARD HAS

- PLAYED THE MOST GAMES
- PLAYED THE MOST MINUTES
- HAS THE MOST ASSISTS
- IS FOURTH IN THE ALL TIME PREMIERSHIP GOAL SCORERS
- HAS THE BEST PASS COMPLETION RATE
- HAS THE BEST TACKLE COMPLETION RATE

This guy is the most effective midfielder in world football. Yes there are players who look nicer to watch, who have more tricks and showboats - but this guy quite simply plays more minutes than anyone at the top level of football, gets more assists than anyone, scores more goals than any midfielder and more than most forwards and makes very few mistakes.

He is absolute fuking quality and is one reason why England are guaranteed to win the world cup.

The great thing is that one of his parents has died - I like all my English sportsman to have at least one dead parent.....really helps to take them to the next level... gives you something to strive for- make your parent s proud of you ect.
Cosmo

24th Feb 10 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you been drinking?
Dr Pepper

24th Feb 10 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
Have you been drinking?

No- just sick to death of all the negativity. We are gonna win this world cup--- get used to the idea people.

Cosmo

24th Feb 10 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We arent.

We are a nation of losers, and therefore Spain will win it.
Nath

24th Feb 10 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
We arent.

We are a nation of losers, and therefore Brazil will win it.

Yup.
Dr Pepper

24th Feb 10 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh and by the way...

This thread is NOT FOR DEBATING WHO GETS IN THE SQUAD, FORMATIONS, TEAM SELECTIONS ECT ECT.

In the past we have needed this debate because we have hired our managers from special schools--- you know the kind of men who are scared of the rain, think god is punishing disabled people, think Carlton Palmer is an international footballer ect ect.

This time round we dont need to have this debate. We can leave all that in the safe hand sof Sir Fabio(he will of course be knighted in the new year honours)

This guy has a glint in his eye. He looks to me like he knows he is going to be the man to do it for England. You can not under estimate just how fuking lucky this guy is - he has won titles that he had no right to win. All the best managers are lucky as fuk and this guy is no different.

Lets have a look at his record

Capello has the distinction of winning the domestic league title with every club he has coached throughout his career. In his first five seasons as a manager he won four Serie A titles with Milan, where he also won the 1993–94 UEFA Champions League, defeating Barcelona 4-0 in a memorable final. He then spent a year at Real Madrid, where he won the La Liga title at his first attempt, and in 2001 led Roma to their first league title in 18 years. Capello also won two titles at Juventus (which were later stripped after the Calciopoli scandal), and in 2006 returned to Real Madrid, where he won another La Liga title. Overall he has won a major league championship in seven of his 16 seasons as a coach, and is one of the few managers to claim championship victories in four major European cities: Milan, Madrid, Rome, and Turin.

After being appointed England manager in December 2007, Capello announced that the role would be the last of his career. Capello's contract with the Football Association came into effect on 7 January 2008, and will run for two-and-a-half years, with a possible two-year extension. On 24 January 2008, Capello was named president of the League Managers Association,[1] a customary role given to the English national coach.

Player

Roma
Coppa Italia: 1968-69

Juventus
Serie A: 1971-72, 1972-73, 1974-75

Milan
Coppa Italia: 1976-77
Serie A: 1978-79

Coach

Milan
Serie A: 1991-92, 1992-93, 1993-94, 1995-96
Supercoppa Italiana: 1992, 1993, 1994
UEFA Champions League: (runner-up) 1992-93, (winner) 1993-94, (runner-up) 1994-95
European Super Cup: 1994

Roma
Serie A: 2000-01
Supercoppa Italiana: 2001

Juventus
Serie A: 2004-05, 2005-06 (Trophy revoked due to Calciopoli scandal)

Real Madrid
La Liga: 1996-97, 2006-07

Individual
Serie A Coach of the Year: 2005
BBC Sports Personality of the Year Coach Award: 2009

He might look like Post Pat but this guy is a serious, serious manger --- the best one England has ever had.

Its in the bag people.

mwg

24th Feb 10 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where are you copying and pasting this from?
Cosmo

Is it just for copying and pasting things?
Nath

Are you wearing red and white face paint whilst typing this out?
Dr Pepper

24th Feb 10 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Where are you copying and pasting this from?

The stats come from WIKI - The rest of it is all my own work.
Dr Pepper

24th Feb 10 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
We arent.

We are a nation of losers, and therefore Spain will win it.

In 1994 Milan routed the favourites FC Barcelona 4-0 to win the UEFA Champions League, earning them a reputation of one of the great sides of the modern era.

Thats right- Capello has prior form in beating the fuk out of a Spanish side in a major cup final. He came up against an amazing Barca side and beat them with a well organised side of grafting players led by one exceptional striker, one exceptional centre midfielder and a great defender as captian.

Sound familiar?

He has won league in spain and italy and played against and managed plenty of brazilians, germans and portugese. He knows how to beat all these horribe, greasy cheating midgets and he has the players at england to do the job.

Believe people-- Capellos gonna win it
JonnyJ

24th Feb 10 at 13:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im going to give this thread:

out of 5
Cosmo

24th Feb 10 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Capello did that 16yrs ago with a club side, a side he bought the players for, and a side he worked with and trained everyday.

He doesnt with England.
Nath

24th Feb 10 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IN-GER-LUND
IN-GER-LUND
IN-GER-LUND
Dr Pepper

24th Feb 10 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Capello did that 16yrs ago with a club side, a side he bought the players for, and a side he worked with and trained everyday.

He doesnt with England.

Seriously Cosmo... you are going to look very silly on July 12th at this rate.
Cosmo

24th Feb 10 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doubtful.
Marc

24th Feb 10 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd also like to point out that our best players play well as they are grouped together with some very good foreign players - Rooney has Valencia, Evra, Vidic etc etc. Gerrard has Torres, Mascherano and until recently had Alonso.
Nath

24th Feb 10 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i fink Grease wil win.
JonnyJ

24th Feb 10 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
i fink Grease wil win.

nah, ahjentina mate
Dr Pepper

24th Feb 10 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There are three great centre forwards in the world at the moment. By great I mean players who can score a hatrick against any team in the world under the highest amounts of pressure no matter how well thier own team plays

Didier Drogba, Wayne Rooney and Fernando Torres.

Torres will not be fit for the world cup(thanks must go to Benitez for how much he has fuked fernando up this year)

Drogba- Luckily for us he plays for the umbongo tribe and not a major footballing nation.

Rooners

This guy has gone up a gear this year. Hes no just Man Uniteds best striker, he leads their midfield, bosses the younger players around, gets back and fills in the gaps in defense. Hes a leader, hes unbelievalbly fit, he can score any type of goal, he makes goals for others as well.

With Rooney we are dealing with a pele, maradona type of talent. This guy is possibly the greatest player we have ever produced as a country - he now has matured, he will be Man U captin in a couple of years- his attitude is great now- he doesnt get the silly bookings- referees now like the guy and the spirit he plays with.

I guarantee you every nation in the world is terrified of the thought of Capello turning up to Africa with Rooney and Lampard on the plain. We seem to want to rate every other player in the world as better than ours.

You can not seriously tell me that Capello, Rooney and Lampard can be bettered by any other country there.

JonnyJ

24th Feb 10 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rooners

Is Mooney still ok to play for England?

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » July 11th, 2010 England are World Cup Winners 23 database queries in 0.0138872 seconds