corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » bit of help (new pics page 2)

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author bit of help (new pics page 2)
tomo2k9

User status: Offline
17th Apr 10 at 09:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hey all most of you will no im doing the back quarter of my car now only the orther day i noticed that it has to have a swadge line (think thats whats it called) on the botom its goes all the way along the door and then onto the back quarter but i forgot to put this in, so i had ago of it the orther day think i done a pritty good job but wouldent mind abit of advice on how to get it perfect, i sanded a ditch kind of thing at the levle it should be and then skimed it with filler, i think its alrite so need abit of help (tom) lol need your help mate

[Edited on 17-04-2010 by tomo2k9]

[Edited on 14-05-2010 by tomo2k9]
tomo2k9

17th Apr 10 at 09:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ill get some pics up later lads
Tomnova16
Premium Member

17th Apr 10 at 09:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hard to tell how it looks without pics but best thing to do is get a shaped piece of plastic the same shape as the grove on the other side of the car. Put some p80 round it and rub it along to create the grove, put a line on first with tape or pen to make sure its straight.

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
tomo2k9

17th Apr 10 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ill get you some pics up mate i mite of fucked it up mate but you can see for yourself like took me ages to get the line put in but its in, but nothing what a bit of filler can put write, but ill get some pics for ya mate
tomo2k9

18th Apr 10 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

here you go tom , i mite of fucked it up but its there i can fill it to get the shape, just need some pointers now iv got the line like

[Edited on 18-04-2010 by tomo2k9]
x14xe sport

18th Apr 10 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

think you just need to sand it down and build up with filler to you have the correct shape, look at the other side as your doing it and see how you go
tomo2k9

18th Apr 10 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i felt the orther side and its only slite isent it, its not a maive ditch rely compared to the door its like it fades out so i havent got that deep i gve it a skim of filler to get the curve on it, but it is hard to get smack on i think its just trial and error really
x14xe sport

18th Apr 10 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea just keeping going, easy enough mixing up a bit more filler just frustrating starting again
tomo2k9

18th Apr 10 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ino yh but i just want to get it smack on
tomo2k9

18th Apr 10 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bump
tomo2k9

18th Apr 10 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bump anyone, need to no what i should do with it no to make sure its rite
tomo2k9

22nd Apr 10 at 07:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bump any sugestions ? iv got it near anough but could do with abit more rubbing down
Tomnova16
Premium Member

22nd Apr 10 at 08:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i see what you mean now, a curved block is what you need

Tomnova16
Premium Member

22nd Apr 10 at 08:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tomo2k9

22nd Apr 10 at 08:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

were would i get one of those from lol iv just got a standard flat block mate i used some rely ruff paper to take abit out of it, then i skimed it with filler to get the kinda shape i needed then gave it anorther rub down, its not a masive indent on the back so im tying not to over do it, because on the botom of the door that swadge is pritty big but it kinda disapears towards the back am i right ?
corsabsonny

22nd Apr 10 at 08:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can do it with a piece of plastic tubing
tomo2k9

22nd Apr 10 at 08:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ooo summut like piece of guttering ?
corsabsonny

22nd Apr 10 at 08:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes mate, either the half round actualy gutter, or just use a down pipe and rap your paper round it, never go any finer than 80, prime it with high build block it down with 320 re prime it then 800 wet flat it
Tomnova16
Premium Member

22nd Apr 10 at 08:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what he said

tomo2k9

22nd Apr 10 at 08:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok mate cheers have ago of i later its just taking the piss to do i dont want to spray it unil its perfect
corsabsonny

22nd Apr 10 at 08:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you should only need one or two skims tbh mate the more filler you put in the worse itll get, not sure youll understand the way i write this but stick a piece of tape along the line your trying to get, block down up to that line but sort of go past it, then do it the other side of the line, hard to explain but if you have the right amount of filler on there you should be able to get that shape in there pretty easy
tomo2k9

22nd Apr 10 at 09:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yh i think iv got it back pritty sweet mate just a little bit more rubbing down not much just a touch more and it will be good because its not that deep on the back so i dont need to go mad on it , i had anorther go of it last night and it is getting there just need to get it smack on before painting it, do you lot still use stopper? to get rid of miner inperfections? cus iv got some but its a pain in the arse to use lol
corsabsonny

22nd Apr 10 at 09:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ys it a pain?if you have any deep pin holes then yes use it, basically think to your self will the primer fill that imperfection up..no? then stopper it..whats hard about using it? if u find it hard to spread thinly get soem dolphin glaze, its liek a slightly thicker but runnier high build primer in a sachet, mix it with hardener and you can skim it lovely over all the small holes, ideal for skimming hole panels aswell because it flows out, you ever watched american hotrod? they use the same stuff to fill all the panels
tomo2k9

22nd Apr 10 at 09:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yh i just think its to thick mate when i spread it, it goes on sweet but then when i go to do it again its alredy gone off abit nd it fucks it all up, nd thats the stuff they use at my college is it any good? is it easy to use ? and it does leave a good finish dont it a teacher is doing a old mini and he is using that stuff on it and i was wondering what it was, its got blue writing with a picture of a dolphin on aint it in like a packet kind of thing
corsabsonny

22nd Apr 10 at 09:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yh looks like one of them capri sun cartons, with a little screw on lid..yh mate its shit hot, exspensive..but much better than normal stopper, what colours your stopper after youve mixed it up?? you need to keep your spreader as close to the panel as possible otherwise when you try and rub the stopper down the area aroudn it will be a low with the stopper beign a high

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » bit of help (new pics page 2) 23 database queries in 0.0516889 seconds