corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » taxing my car. need the corsa taxed 1st may :)

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author taxing my car. need the corsa taxed 1st may :)
Aerox-lad

User status: Offline
30th Apr 10 at 00:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok guys the corsa passed the mot today i paid my insurance deposit today and it has come out of my account. my insurance starts this satuday at 00.01 am. so basically in like 23 hours time. i reallly want to get tax sorted it is sorn atm. but i wont get my isnurance documents through untill like middle of next week!! ive tried doing it online. but it comes u saying tax valid from 1st/4/2010 and i want it to start from 1/5/10. also if they check on the database theyll see that insurance wont be valid till saturday. so how can i get tax? ringing them an option? cheers for your help
Antwon

30th Apr 10 at 00:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go to the post office, they can do it there and then.
Ben G

30th Apr 10 at 00:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when did you try doing the tax online? if it was before the 25th april then it would get back dated.
Aerox-lad

30th Apr 10 at 00:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

today mate.i thought you need to take proof of insurance to the post office. i have my v5 and the new mot certificate......
Colin

30th Apr 10 at 00:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can only buy tax in the current month, to start that month. So if you buy half way through the month you loose 2 weeks, or as you found out here almost a whole month!!

Best thing you could do is phone the ins co & tell them to send the ins doc's next day delivery & you'll pay for it (might not do it!!) or Get them to fax a copy over(Post office might not accept it) or but it online on the 1st May & just drive around without a legit tax disc & hope not to get caught

I doubt you'd get bothered if you explained you'd bought it but its just not arrived yet?? Im sure the police have to give you some grace for it to turn up.
Colin

30th Apr 10 at 00:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Infact 1st May is Sunday so scrap the 1st 2 options as nowhere will be open to issue one!!

Just wait until the 1st May & order one 1st thing in the morning & carry about your business as normal, just dont drive like a nob & get tugged!!
Aerox-lad

30th Apr 10 at 00:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i reckon my best bet collin is to go and try and do it online as soon as it hits 1st may. and do it online. atleast then i would have paid for it...
Aerox-lad

30th Apr 10 at 00:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no its notits the 30th now 30 days has april 1st is on saturday.....
Colin

30th Apr 10 at 00:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Aerox-lad
i reckon my best bet collin is to go and try and do it online as soon as it hits 1st may. and do it online. atleast then i would have paid for it...

Yeah do that just try & avoid driving at night, any form of speeding or any other motoring offences for that matter or drivin round the local barry bampot car cruize area's until the disc turns up & you'll be fine!!
Colin

30th Apr 10 at 00:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
no its notits the 30th now 30 days has april 1st is on saturday.....

ok mate, I struggle to remember what my name is some days never mind what date were on
Aerox-lad

so if i go to the post office and explain the situation to them tomorrow. they wouldnt be able to do me a tax disc. just to confirm that 1st may is saturday
Graham88

Aslong as you have paid for it you are taxed, there is nothing Police can do about it
Colin

30th Apr 10 at 00:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Actually the offence is for not displaying the disc...not for not having one.

But im sure you could argue that if its not turned up then you cant display it to a point!!

Try & keep away from ANPR camera's aswell

Infact, only drive when you really need to until the disc arrives!!
Aerox-lad

30th Apr 10 at 00:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah true enough. so if i go to post office in the morning. with my v5 and my mot cert. could i not buy a tax disc to start on saturday?
Colin

30th Apr 10 at 00:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
so if i go to the post office and explain the situation to them tomorrow. they wouldnt be able to do me a tax disc. just to confirm that 1st may is saturday

Nope they wouldnt do you one.

I forgot some of the stuff I was meant to take along, cant remamber is it was Ins/MOT or what, but the woman serving in the PO had lived over the road from my parents for 30yrs & known me my whole life & still she sent me away to get the right doc's!!

They dont take any shit when it comes to tax disc's.
Graham88

30th Apr 10 at 00:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've never displayed a disc on my bike and nothing has ever been mentioned Suppose cars are slightly different though
Colin

30th Apr 10 at 00:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
yeah true enough. so if i go to post office in the morning. with my v5 and my mot cert. could i not buy a tax disc to start on saturday?

No, just do it online. The disc will arrive Monday or Tuesday!!

That way you can still use the car to a point. Try & find an old disc in the current colours to stick in the holder so theres something on display!!
Ben G

30th Apr 10 at 00:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
You can only buy tax in the current month, to start that month. So if you buy half way through the month you loose 2 weeks, or as you found out here almost a whole month!!

i bought my tax 5 days before the start of the new month and it didn't get backdated. this might be renewals only though, rather than going from sorn to taxed.
Colin

30th Apr 10 at 00:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
I've never displayed a disc on my bike and nothing has ever been mentioned Suppose cars are slightly different though

You never been stopped on it, or they cant catch you??

We had one of those Richbrook tax disc holders in the 1st BMW mini we got & the glues shit & it fell off so we just stuck it in the door tray. Got pulled by the cops & asked where it was & then told they could fine us for not displaying the disc!!
Aerox-lad

30th Apr 10 at 00:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shall i jsut rob the tax disc off my ped lol. its from last year the old one. but surely the plod will understand if i buy tax offline i will have a receipt which i can just pop up in my car?? that way if i get tugged i can show him ive paid and am waiting for the disc.....
Colin

30th Apr 10 at 00:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:

i bought my tax 5 days before the start of the new month and it didn't get backdated. this might be renewals only though, rather than going from sorn to taxed.

Tax runs month end to month end. If you buy at any time in the month then it includes that month!!
Aerox-lad

30th Apr 10 at 00:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what exactly is a cover note as apparently you can use that to tax your car from the post office....
Ben G

30th Apr 10 at 00:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Tax runs month end to month end. If you buy at any time in the month then it includes that month!!

it doesn't colin. they changed it.

when i got my renewal through for the focus in february, it said i could buy tax online 5 days before the next month. so 26th-31st january and it wouldn't be backdated.

this obviously only works if you already have a valid tax disc that runs to the end of that month though.
scottyp1989

30th Apr 10 at 05:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

it doesn't colin. they changed it.

when i got my renewal through for the focus in february, it said i could buy tax online 5 days before the next month. so 26th-31st january and it wouldn't be backdated.

this obviously only works if you already have a valid tax disc that runs to the end of that month though.

you can tax a car up to 5 days before renewal and if you buy online or by phone you get 5 days after renewal where you dont have to desplay it. have a look on the gov or dvla website, tells you all about it on there
nathy_87

30th Apr 10 at 06:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Infact 1st May is Sunday so scrap the 1st 2 options as nowhere will be open to issue one!!

Just wait until the 1st May & order one 1st thing in the morning & carry about your business as normal, just dont drive like a nob & get tugged!!

1st May is tomorrow matey.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » taxing my car. need the corsa taxed 1st may :) 22 database queries in 0.0157371 seconds