corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Selling a £7k Car as Auction with no Reserve on eBay?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Selling a £7k Car as Auction with no Reserve on eBay?
A2H GO

User status: Offline
8th May 10 at 08:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Risky?

I need my car gone...but for a fair price. Is the maximum charge £40 for this?

*Moved from wrong Section*
Rob B

8th May 10 at 08:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I personally wouldn't do it, or if you are make sure you list it very well so it appears in a number of searches. Personally i'd pay £29 for two weeks on AutoTrader
A2H GO

8th May 10 at 08:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob B
I personally wouldn't do it, or if you are make sure you list it very well so it appears in a number of searches. Personally i'd pay £29 for two weeks on AutoTrader

I think you could be right there.
A2H GO

8th May 10 at 08:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is the car:

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/1696396.htm
Ben G

8th May 10 at 08:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Autotrader mate.

Sold my focus on there for 13750.

People with the money look on there.

Ebay and pistonheads are full of time wasting dreamers.
daymoon
Premium Member

8th May 10 at 08:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Didnt some one on here sold their car sae as this for 1k less?
A2H GO

8th May 10 at 08:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
Autotrader mate.

I've noticed from the mails ive had over the last few days.

Did you do internet only or book aswel Ben?
A2H GO

8th May 10 at 08:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by daymoon
Didnt some one on here sold their car sae as this for 1k less?

They range from £6k-£12k.
basslinecorsa
Premium Member

8th May 10 at 09:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you could always use the old "advertised elsewhere so reserve the right to end the auction early" trick.
If it looks like you won't get the money your after just end it, I'm pretty sure that you have to do it 24hrs
before the end. If not, are you really that bothered about one bad feedback that in all probability you could
get removed eventually?

Project Scarlett - http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=661417
Twiggy

8th May 10 at 09:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just get a mate to bid it up on old account?
A2H GO

8th May 10 at 09:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by basslinecorsa
you could always use the old "advertised elsewhere so reserve the right to end the auction early" trick.
If it looks like you won't get the money your after just end it, I'm pretty sure that you have to do it 24hrs
before the end. If not, are you really that bothered about one bad feedback that in all probability you could
get removed eventually?

True, like you say though, it has to be ended a certian amount of time before and going off most items ive sold on there, its not till the very end that the price shoots up.

[Edited on 08-05-2010 by CorsAsh-Sport]
corsadonk
Premium Member

8th May 10 at 09:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
Autotrader mate.

Like he said.
A2H GO

8th May 10 at 09:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Twiggy
Just get a mate to bid it up on old account?

I did think about this but i would want to leave it until the end ofthe auction(within the last hour or so) so as not to put of genuine buyers and i have a fear of missing the end of the auction and seeing it go for £3k or something

[Edited on 08-05-2010 by CorsAsh-Sport]
Brett
Premium Member

8th May 10 at 09:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nothing wrong with ebay. I've sold most of my cars on there. There's one thing you can't knock it for and that's if you put it on for a 5day auction then it will be sold within 5days. Things only go for what they're worth on there anyway tbh. No point dreaming with higher prices on Autotrader because you'll just waste you money (not saying you car isn't worth that btw, just generalising).
A2H GO

8th May 10 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett
Nothing wrong with ebay. I've sold most of my cars on there. There's one thing you can't knock it for and that's if you put it on for a 5day auction then it will be sold within 5days. Things only go for what they're worth on there anyway tbh. No point dreaming with higher prices on Autotrader because you'll just waste you money (not saying you car isn't worth that btw, just generalising).

This is why i asked. Every single thing ive ever sold on ebay(abeit smaller items like phones etc) have always gone for what they are worth and in 50% of the cases slightly more which can sometimes cover the cost of fee's etc. £40 seems a lot to advertise on there but its gaurenteed to be sold by this time next week....providing the usual time wasters keep their nose out.
Brett
Premium Member

8th May 10 at 10:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH, as said, list on ebay and use an other account to set your minimum and see where it goes

I use it because 9 times out of 10 I already have a car lined up and want a quick sale. Depends what kind of scenario you're in I suppose.

Best I ever did was list my busted Freelander on there with a buy it now, went for a cig, came back and it was sold. 8mins! He came that night too

[Edited on 08-05-2010 by loafofbrett]
A2H GO

8th May 10 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett
TBH, as said, list on ebay and use an other account to set your minimum and see where it goes

I use it because 9 times out of 10 I already have a car lined up and want a quick sale. Depends what kind of scenario you're in I suppose.

Best I ever did was list my busted Freelander on there with a buy it now, went for a cig, came back and it was sold. 8mins! He came that night too

Whats the Crack with paying, do you ask for a deposit following the auction via Pay Pal and cash on Collection? Wouldn't like to see the Pay Pal fees on the full amount.
Brett
Premium Member

8th May 10 at 10:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsAsh-Sport
Whats the Crack with paying, do you ask for a deposit following the auction via Pay Pal and cash on Collection? Wouldn't like to see the Pay Pal fees on the full amount.

A lot of the time I've done a deal outside of ebay and cancelled the auction tbh (i.e. Someone has messaged me through it with a decent offer and come to collect). If it goes right through to the auction then I just take the hit with ebay fees, but I've never taken a deposit through paypal. I wouldn't want to share my money with those robbing bastards too.

Ben G

8th May 10 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I done website and mag. 3 weeks for about 40 quid, had 3 calls all from seeing it on the website.

Paid 12 quid for 3 weeks on PH, waste of money.
John

8th May 10 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've went straight for autotrader this time, only had 1 phonecall so far though

Most of my other cars sell straight away, guy contacted me within about an hour for my Saab and flew up to take it.
A2H GO

8th May 10 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
I've went straight for autotrader this time, only had 1 phonecall so far though

Most of my other cars sell straight away, guy contacted me within about an hour for my Saab and flew up to take it.

Looking on AOC 'For Sale' section it seems they are struggling to sell yet when i bought mine everyone wanted them.
John

8th May 10 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I want 10k for mine, which I think is fair, can't see anything close to the mileage and condition for cheaper, suppose it just relies on somebody in the area looking for that specific car.

What's the webuyanycar valuation like?

The web quote for mine is 9770, I'd hate selling it to them though.
A2H GO

8th May 10 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
I want 10k for mine, which I think is fair, can't see anything close to the mileage and condition for cheaper, suppose it just relies on somebody in the area looking for that specific car.

What's the webuyanycar valuation like?

The web quote for mine is 9770, I'd hate selling it to them though.

TBF book price for mine is just silly, £5.5k. But mines the cheapest on PH and AT(within 60 mile radius) taking into account mileage and XP.
A2H GO

8th May 10 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130389704252

Just a matter of keeping an eye on it now
Joe

8th May 10 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£7k is hopeful for a 60,000 mile 05 plate Astra no?

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Selling a £7k Car as Auction with no Reserve on eBay? 23 database queries in 0.0124950 seconds