corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Formula 1

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Formula 1
Marc

User status: Offline
30th May 10 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Red Bull just wiped each other out
Nath

30th May 10 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vettel the stupid mong.
golf

30th May 10 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

vettel was at fault all the way imo
Nath

30th May 10 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

McLarens doing it right
mwg

30th May 10 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That is why Hamilton is the best driver. What a come back that was, put Button back in his place

When Button got ahead of him I was thinking fuck the fuel saving get back ahead of him

[Edited on 30-05-2010 by mwg]
VegasPhil
Premium Member

30th May 10 at 13:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was a cheeky swipe by Button that

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
gavin18787
Premium Member

30th May 10 at 14:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh I thought mclaren were going to go the same way with stuff like that

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
dhdev

30th May 10 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If finger pointing is necesary, Webber's fault IMO.
Vettel had made a pass and was in front. As team mates Webber should've yielded and given him room.
scoob
Premium Member

30th May 10 at 16:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dhdev
Vettel had made a pass and was in front. As team mates Webber should've yielded and given him room.

yep vettel had the place
AndyKent

30th May 10 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He didn't yet have the place. If Webber had outbraked him at the corner, or held the outside line he would have kept first going into the pit entrance area.

Harsh on Vettle, but he shouldn't have tried to cut back across. He couldn't see particularly well and I think the sheepish looks from him after the race said he knew it was his fault.
Ojc

30th May 10 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
That is why Hamilton is the best driver. What a come back that was, put Button back in his place

When Button got ahead of him I was thinking fuck the fuel saving get back ahead of him

[Edited on 30-05-2010 by mwg]

Do me a favour, Button backed off for fear of the same thing happening to them as the Red Bulls.

It's quite obvious who the better driver is and it's not the one with poo skin.
Nath

30th May 10 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Vettel jerked right into him whilst barely in front. Unlucky for Vettel but he wasnt as far in front as he thought and got it all wrong.
mwg

30th May 10 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I knew you'd like that one.

Hamilton got back in front THEN Button backed off. Either way it was a good result for McLaren, hopefully they will keep closing the gap on the Red Bulls to make it an interesting season.
Novaneil

30th May 10 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Yeah I thought that (Vettel had got past and Mark allowed him no room (he stayed on the left of the track) Yes Vettal moved a bit but I think he wasn't expecting Mark to still be that close to him. Either way glad it happened!!! Mclaren FTW
P1CK4D

30th May 10 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

F
Graeme
Premium Member

30th May 10 at 23:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how was Vettel ahead when they made contact he went into his side pod?

stupid move by vettel and webber can stay where he likes tbh, who cares anyway, i prefer button.

could see Webber and Hamilton in press confrence talking about vettel, could see webber was fuming.
Jamie-C

30th May 10 at 23:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graeme
how was Vettel ahead when they made contact he went into his side pod?

Vettels rear wheel went into his side pod, he was in front but only margainly. Definitely Vettel is to blame though, it was clearly obvious that he moved towards Webber.
Planty02

31st May 10 at 09:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From a racing point of view i would say vettel is to blame as there wasnt space to make the move he was trying to pull off.

BUT from a team point of view i think they would probably expect webber to give him the room given the circumstances rather than cost them both position and points. Cracking bit of driving from the mclaren boys imo
Marc

31st May 10 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't believe Webber is getting the blame.

Car in front has the racing line, and Vettell was stupid for trying to overtake.
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

31st May 10 at 13:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by P1CK4D
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

F

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Nath

31st May 10 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc

Car in front has the racing line, and Vettell was stupid for trying to overtake.

And Vettel's car snapped right and hit Webber. Stupid mistake from a frustrated driver.
dhdev

31st May 10 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

You seem to have your wires crossed here, Vettel was in front. So are you saying you can't believe Vettel is getting the blame

The overtake was valid, Vettel was faster, Webber couldn't go as fast due to being on a more economical fuel setting so he should have yielded and let the team bag a 1-2. Unfortunately he chose otherwise and they lost big points. By holding Vettel up he was risking the chance of the Mclarens coming past. If Webber was really that keen to scrap for the lead then he should've done as the Mclaren boys did, let Vettel passed then take him back.

AndyKent

31st May 10 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vettel wasn't completely in front, he was technically ahead but still side by side. If that was me I'd have done exactly the same as Webber - never give up on a place until its gone. He could still have (possibly) outbraked Vettel at the corner and kept his position. No racing driver will just give away the position, especially given the mistake Webber made earlier in the season handing the win to Vettel on the first lap.
Marc

31st May 10 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

You seem to have your wires crossed here, Vettel was in front. So are you saying you can't believe Vettel is getting the blame

The overtake was valid, Vettel was faster, Webber couldn't go as fast due to being on a more economical fuel setting so he should have yielded and let the team bag a 1-2. Unfortunately he chose otherwise and they lost big points. By holding Vettel up he was risking the chance of the Mclarens coming past. If Webber was really that keen to scrap for the lead then he should've done as the Mclaren boys did, let Vettel passed then take him back.

No.

Vettell went to overtake when it was clear there wasn't enough room to do so. Just because Vettell was travelling faster is doesn't mean Webber didn't have the racing line. Vettell hit Webber, thus the overtaking was not only illegal but his fault for the collision.
dhdev

31st May 10 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not only was Vettel travelling faster, he was in front. There was enough room, because he had got in front, Webber squeezed him onto the dirty part of the track. Vettel was far enough in front that seeing Webber would be difficult. Webber should've realised this, conceded and moved over.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Formula 1 23 database queries in 0.0155170 seconds