corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Anyone had appendicitis?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anyone had appendicitis?
Ojc

User status: Offline
10th Jun 10 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a feeling that the issues I've had now for quite a while might well be appendicitis and not my crohns.

If you had it, how long did the symptoms last for? And can you tell me in what way you suffered.

Ta
Steve
Premium Member

10th Jun 10 at 21:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mum, got symptoms at 12 was in hospital by 6

if you had it you would know about it, or youd be dead
Steve
Premium Member

10th Jun 10 at 21:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

then again you can have a grumbling appendix which can be on going
Ojc

10th Jun 10 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It isn't like that with everyone and Crohns suffers are more likely to get it than others.

What makes me think I have it is that I haven't had a appetite since Germany, I keep being sick and that doesn't happen with my Crohns and even the pain is slightly different.

Going doctors tomorrow, I hope it is my appendix.

Would make sense seeing as I'm still doing massive shits and I'm not clogged up like I usually get with my Crohns.
Steve
Premium Member

10th Jun 10 at 21:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

deffo wont be appendicitis as it would have burst by now, could be grumbling appendix though which has the symptoms you say
shaunmods
Premium Member

10th Jun 10 at 21:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Me Mine started off feeling really bloated like I had a football in my stomach. After about an hour the pain was on my left side but soon after it moved over the right hand side and I could hardly walk it was that bad. By this time I was rushed to A&E where I ended up passing out from the pain. I was told I have rumbling appendix. I think it was about 3 hours ish from the start to me going to hospital, can't really remember exactly though

If you think it might be your appendix get yourself down the hospital asap sooner rather than later mate. I was lucky I was with my parents when it turned bad. You'll soon know if it is your appendix. Its the worst pain I've ever felt!

[Edited on 10-06-2010 by shaunmods]
Ojc

10th Jun 10 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thing is the drugs I take for my crohns could be masking the pain as they are quite powerful localised steroids and immune suppresents.

I'm going doctors in the morning, grumbling appendix is deffo sounding like what I've got.

It would answer so many questions.
All Torque

10th Jun 10 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Horrible horrible pain. Mine put me in hospital for 6 months when I was 11, I lost half my body weight too and my stomach acid poisined my blood due to complications.

I'm not kidding either, It was so severe for me
Ojc

10th Jun 10 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know all about pain and hospital and weight loss.

I've lost 2 stone now in just over a month.
micra_pete
Premium Member

10th Jun 10 at 21:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hurts like a bitch.

cool scar though.

symptoms, erm about 5 hours from twinge to hospital.
harrisp

10th Jun 10 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by All Torque
Horrible horrible pain. Mine put me in hospital for 6 months when I was 11, I lost half my body weight too and my stomach acid poisined my blood due to complications.

I'm not kidding either, It was so severe for me

Similar thing happened to me when I was 18 months old (not that I can remember).
ScubaSteve

10th Jun 10 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I've had it, in April. Went to work at 7am, 12pm BANG! Hit with huge pain in right hand side of stomach, felt like indigestion gone horribly wrong. Was in hospital by 6pm after I phoned nhs24.

Had my operation the next day, I don't have one big scar, I have 3 smaller ones as they removed my appendix by keyhole surgery instead. Bloody scary having an operation, being put under, then waking up 4 hours later. I had other complications while they were in there, but 6 weeks after I was back at work. Got 3 cool scars out of it. Feel okay now.
Mertin

10th Jun 10 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

every few months or so il have what feels like terrible indigestion or trapped wind, and im only comfortable when lying down. After a few hours il be sick, often with a bit of blood too. Wont be until an hour or two after iv been sick that il start to feel normal again. Went to a and e with it last time it happened and was told appendix was slightly swollen. That was back in feb, havent had it again although when it does il be going to docs or a and e again. I was suspected to have chrones disease when i was a teenage, although it wasn't
Matt H

10th Jun 10 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got it young & the symptoms came thick & fast. Was in the hospital within 12 hours, prior to that I was violently sick with terrible stomach pains

Touch yourself, that's the easy test. Just above & right of your baccy pouch

[Edited on 10-06-2010 by Matt H]
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

10th Jun 10 at 23:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had it

nearly died from it
antnee

10th Jun 10 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had grumbling appendicitis last year, first time around March, I was being majorly sick, even bringing up blood, huge pain by my ribs, felt like I had been stabbed or something! Went to doc's, he thought it was appendicitis took a blood test but it got better, then a few weeks latter same again, so doc got me into hospital where I stayed for 4 days, after seeing about 7 doctors who all said different things, and being told to eat then not eat and eat again, I was sent home.

Then a few months later happened again in August, major sickness huge pains, into hospital again, had been in for 2 days, still every doctor had a different idea, got told I would be going home the next day, then about 40mins later, doc comes up to prep me for theatre! My temp had gone to about 41deg IIRC, they were going to do keyhole, but ended up doing open surgery, told me after that the appendix was really red and looked like it was going to explode!!!

All better now though
Ojc

11th Jun 10 at 07:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same sypmtoms as me antnee
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

11th Jun 10 at 07:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

go to the hospital ollie

get them out! you'll have a cool scar then
Steve
Premium Member

11th Jun 10 at 07:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

trouble is they cant tell its an appendix problem without actually doing some sort of surgery and having a look.

and at that point they usually just remove it anyway
gravesy

11th Jun 10 at 08:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
trouble is they cant tell its an appendix problem without actually doing some sort of surgery and having a look.

and at that point they usually just remove it anyway

Yeah they can - they stick a finger up your arse. My old geography teacher used to check us all for appendicitis regularly. Still can't work out how he had is thumb up my arse but both hands on my shoulders.
Daimo B

11th Jun 10 at 08:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oliver you big puss filled infection.
Ojc

11th Jun 10 at 09:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes indeed, I've started to rattle the amount of drugs I'm taking.
Daimo B

11th Jun 10 at 09:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And to think I was the recreational drug taker
Ojc

11th Jun 10 at 09:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve, this is why I don't have surgery

"There is however compelling evidence that endoscopic, clinical, and surgical relapse rates after ileal resection are substantial. Endoscopic recurrence at one year is approximately 70% and at three years approaches 100%.2,3 At five years, 60% will have experienced a clinical recurrence and 25.6% and 11.9% of patients will require a second and third resection, respectively.4 There is also evidence to suggest that the length of recurrent disease is similar to the length of the involved segment before resection.5 Thus although one might argue that early resection for limited disease (<10 cm) has a low risk of creating a short bowel syndrome in later life, three resections of 60 cm could leave the patient with less than 100 cm of small intestine if the patient started life with a small intestinal length at the lower end of the normal range."

Fucking stupid

This is the whole article

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1773279/
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

11th Jun 10 at 09:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Internet can make things worse, are you booked in for this morning?

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Anyone had appendicitis? 22 database queries in 0.0153670 seconds