corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Degrees

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Degrees
Aaron

User status: Offline
23rd Jun 10 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yo!

So, what degree are you staring next year? what degree are you half way through? or have you just finished?

I started a part time Foundation Degree (FDSc) in Business Inforamtion Technology two years ago, and i got confirmation of passing it today. At this stage, its pass or FAIL...its not until i do the top-up year next year where i get the 2:1 etc.

I'm pretty pleased with myself, as i've done it along side a busy ICT management job...and having a girl friend

So, what are you lot doing?
Whittie

23rd Jun 10 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Congrats

Fair play mate. A degree is something i've always though about, i've seemed to do alright for myself without one though so i'm not regretting doing one.

It's a possibility in the future to do a part time one though.
gravesy

23rd Jun 10 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well played mate.

I keep toying with the idea of getting one done through OU but never committed to it. I did an HNC when I was on my apprenticeship - in software engineering. Had my place booked on my degree and my old man offered me a job so I went for that instead. Now I'm 30 and am in a systems design role. It would be difficult to say how much a degree at this stage would help me out.

/coolstorybro.

[Edited on 23-06-2010 by gravesy]
shaunmods
Premium Member

23rd Jun 10 at 13:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Congrats on passing Aaron

I'm just about to finish my two year BTEC Diploma in Business and Law tomorrow hopefully Just got a couple of small bits to finish off before I leave.

September I'm off to Staffs uni to do a Higher National Diploma in Business and Law again for two years plus another year to top it up to a degree. Can't wait to get started

[Edited on 23-06-2010 by shaunmods]
whitter45

23rd Jun 10 at 13:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

congratulations mate

I did Aerospace enegineering at UMIST
Simon

23rd Jun 10 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Congratulations I have a 2.1 Ba(Hons) in Architecture and got the results of my first year diploma on Monday and got a 2.1 in that, one year to go
ed

23rd Jun 10 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a 2:1 BSc Hons in Product Design and I'm a year into a PhD in Biomedical Engineering.
Xs

23rd Jun 10 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did a BSc Hons in Produc Design too, got a 2:1. Couldnt get any work so I am now about to complete a masters degree in Construction Economics and work as a trainee quantity surveyor.
ssj_kakarot

23rd Jun 10 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

passed first two years of psychology and counselling, decided its all a load of wank and differed a year currently interviewing for degree course in quantity surveyor with local council

[Edited on 23-06-2010 by ssj_kakarot]
jibjob

23rd Jun 10 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got 10 GCSE's and Level 2 IMI National award in Motor vehicle technology

Feel a bit stupid hearing how clever you lot are
ed

23rd Jun 10 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Meh, degrees and shit aren't for everyone. Just so long as you enjoy what you do
jibjob

23rd Jun 10 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Which i don't To be honest i never enjoyed the whole classroom learning thing so thats why i did Motor Vehicle Technology as it was more practical. I do regret not going to uni though and making more of an effort to get good qualifications. It always seems people that go to uni seem to be a lot happier with their jobs/pay/lifestyle etc. I dont think i could go back into learning now though i just couldnt do the whole classroom thing again.
Shell
Premium Member

23rd Jun 10 at 16:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know far too many people working in supermarkets who have degrees jibjob. It's not all it's cracked up to be. Far too many people doing utterly useless degrees that will get them nowhere other than a few more years with very little real responsibilities.
Haimsey
Premium Member

23rd Jun 10 at 17:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Shell
I know far too many people working in supermarkets who have degrees jibjob.

I got a 2:1 LLB Law degree.............im currently a stock administrator at Wickes Roll on September when i can get out and bugger off back to uni.

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
deano87

23rd Jun 10 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1st BA Hons in Marketing & Media Practices. I graduated last year and have been working ever since. Just got a £2k pay rise and will be on a lovely bonus scheme.
sand-eel

23rd Jun 10 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My product design Beng was a massive waste of time, no fucking jobs anywhere.
Nearly got a job designing bits for commercial airliners but fucked up a timed maths test which was epically hard, it was a shit day
jezza

23rd Jun 10 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Graduated with a 2:2 LLB Law Degree. Working at Tesco since I was 16, plan to get out of there and join the Police!
sand-eel

23rd Jun 10 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was thinking about the police, but couldn't be dealing with all the stick they get and dead people.
Andrew

23rd Jun 10 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have a degree, would love to do my masters at some point. Don't think it will be for a while though.

For me means bollocks all when it comes to money, experience and knowledge is what is needed. Something i've been working on for the past 3 years.
Adam_B

23rd Jun 10 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just finished 2nd year of a 3 year BA Hons in Photography. Been offered a masters but dunno if I want to carry on with it.
Chris x

23rd Jun 10 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just finished my 1st year doing a Foundation Degree in Engineering. Work pay for it, also doing a NVQ Level 3. Its all good, work pay for the course and pay me to do it
Andrew

24th Jun 10 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_B
Just finished 2nd year of a 3 year BA Hons in Photography. Been offered a masters but dunno if I want to carry on with it.

If you can afford to do it now i personally would go for it. Really wish i had of done it now as i could have scrapped the funds together for the fees and another year of living. Don't think i can now as i've too many out goings.
Ben J

24th Jun 10 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I graduated in 2003 with a 2:1 degree in Hotel & Catering Mgmt

Fuck I feel old!
aron

24th Jun 10 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm half way thru my BEng civil engineering part time... 2 years left still waiting on my results from this year

balancing 9 to 5 work/study/having a life is a real juggling act, wish i'd done it full time tbh, would've been much easier! lol
Mad Moe

24th Jun 10 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I graduated with a 2:1 in Business with Finance in 2004 and decided I was going to go down the CIMA route for the benefit of the family Construction and Development businesses only to decided that I absolutely hated Accountancy and went back to University to do a BSc in Quantity Surveying which I completed this year with hopes of a 1st.

Would like to progress to an MSc in Project Management however I've studied pretty much solidly for the past 25 years of my life and now think I deserve a little break.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Degrees 23 database queries in 0.5103369 seconds