corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » why cant

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author why cant
will_doyle
Banned

User status: Offline
4th Jul 10 at 00:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

(for example) the referees watch the replay of when lampards goal crossed the line but wasn't given on the touch line on a screen to see if it went over the line............ if that makes sense?
Limecat
Banned

4th Jul 10 at 00:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do one dickhead. ->
DannyB
Premium Member

4th Jul 10 at 00:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

z0mg goal line technolgy, why hasnt anyone else thought of this!!1?!?!1
will_doyle
Banned

4th Jul 10 at 00:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

seconds after they disallowed the goal they are showing us that it was a goal, why cant the referee get shown that?
Limecat
Banned

4th Jul 10 at 00:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by will_doyle
seconds after they disallowed the goal they are showing us that it was a goal, why cant the referee get shown that?

Why can't you drink a Domestos-ibuprofen cocktail? It could easily be done and it would solve a lot of problems.
Eck
Premium Member

4th Jul 10 at 00:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you read newspapers Will?
will_doyle
Banned

4th Jul 10 at 00:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck

nope
Limecat
Banned

4th Jul 10 at 00:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck

Retards can't read. Doyle is a retard. I won't spell it out.
JonnyJ

4th Jul 10 at 00:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For the love of christ
Eck
Premium Member

4th Jul 10 at 00:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by will_doyle
quote:
Originally posted by Eck

nope

That explains it. I hate you Will.
MJFF88

4th Jul 10 at 06:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know wheres hes coming from, at selhurst there is a replay up a second after whatever happened. Forget goal line technology, I'm constantly thinking why can you not have a sneaky peak at a massive screen to help make your mind up. I'm sure these screens have been used by referees, albeit discreetly, to help make their decisions in the past.

Example: Dirty tackle but you as a ref are unsure, whilst all the players are pleading their team mates innocence, have a sneaky look at the tv screen (Assuming the ground has one) to help aid said decision.

[Edited on 04-07-2010 by MJFF88]
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

4th Jul 10 at 08:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what was the ref supposed to do?

blow his whistle to stop play whilst he watches a bit of tele?
BarnshaW

4th Jul 10 at 09:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham

they do in rugby to check for decisions?
Tommy L

4th Jul 10 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham

they do in rugby to check for decisions?
But how do you restart it after stopping play? That's why Blatter has been so against technology i think. It could potentially stop the flow of play
Marc

4th Jul 10 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He has a point, how many times has the refferee made a decision contradicted by the by screen!
Cosmo

4th Jul 10 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Because video decisions aren't allowed - end of story.
Robbo

4th Jul 10 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as tomtom said - thats a big part of the reason why they wont allow them - mexico argentina one was fine because the incident stopped play but the germans could have counter attacked and scored from our 'goal' but if the game had been stopped to check the incident, and say the ball hadnt crossed the line then thats to a disadvantage for germany

the ONLY way I can see it workign is with a challenge system like in Tennis (do rugby also use that now?)

3 challenges per team per match or something. if decision was a no to our 'goal' then restarts with a contested drop ball where play stopped.

the argument that video decisions etc slow the game down are a nonsense tho, mexico stopped the mex arg match for 5 mins, that gpoal could have been checked and struck off in 30 seconds and the gane could have continued
JonnyJ

4th Jul 10 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He has no point, video technology doesn't work in football and it wont solve anything (bar goal line tech)

Too many decisions in football are open to interpretation, how many times have you sat in the pub with mates, seen a replay of a pen incident/offside/tackle and then spent the next 2 hours arguing with each other wether it was a pen/offide/foul or not? So yeah they could bring that on yet everyone will still be arguing that it could have been the wrong decision in the end anyway. No point.

Then you have the fact football has no natural stop in play, so at what point do you stop the game and go back to the video? When it next goes out of play? All well and good until there is a controversial moment then during the time while the ball is in play, someone breaks your star players leg with a tackle, you then go back and realise the game should have never played on, I'd love to see the uproar on that one.

Technology in football stops at Goal line as that is the one decision that is definite, no interpretation, its either in or its not and the guy who made Hawkeye has shown they have the tech to judge this in an instant, with 100% accuracy, so you would know if its a goal or not without interrupting the game.

End of discussion.
strick206

4th Jul 10 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The thing people are moaning about is bring it in for goal line, and they will want it for offsides, well that's simple, tell them to fuck off, it's goal line or nothing

I see no harm in goal line technology, don't want offside technology and certainly don't want 3 challenge type systems, can you imagine cunts like john terry stopping the game at any given opportunity to challenge

Just read jonnyj's post, and the last 2 lines sum it up perfectly
Robbo

4th Jul 10 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont think thats acceptable in this day and age though Jonny - nothing will change until a decision affects the outcome of the world cup final - when fifa get totally embarrassed in front of the watching eyes of the world

granted video technology is not 100% perfect and it would take some years of transition to decide what works and what doesnt but it absolutely HAS to be better than the status quo

as i said, restarting play with a contested drop ball at the point on the picth where play was stopped ensures you can at elast restart the game in the fairest possible manner
JonnyJ

4th Jul 10 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Strick, i end up literally tearing my hair out when discussing video tech in football with some people. They just dont see how its decisions like offside and fouls are all open to interpretation (which is the key word here) and that all this stopping the game bollocks will achieve nothing except spoil the flow of the game completely.

Seriously, you bring it in and i guarantee that it will solve absolutely fuck all. Anyone who watches football live week in week out will know this. A video would come up, ref would make a decision and still half the stadium would agree and half would disagree. So what have we achieved here, apart from wasting shit loads of time?

Football is all about the controversial decisions, its what makes it such a good game to watch, its why you get so emotional about it. Take that out of the game and you take a very big part of it away.

Goal line tech, as goals are the most important thing in football, they decide games. Offside/pen decisions DO NOT.

[Edited on 04-07-2010 by JonnyJ]
Tommy L

4th Jul 10 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think a drop ball is fair imo.

If one team is pressing hard, putting the other team on the back foot, they can't get out of the last third, then goal line technology is needed, it totally kills the game and gives the team on the back foot a breather and time to regroup if there is a drop ball.

[Edited on 04-07-2010 by Tommy L]
Cavey

4th Jul 10 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With the goal line, surely in the big competitions (EPL, La Liga, Champs League etc...) the money is there for sensors in the ball, and in the goals, when all sensors cross the goal line, a buzzer sounds, like in Ice Hockey, that would be instantaneous and wouldn't require any stoppage in play.

Agree completely that for fouls etc.. it's useless, fouls ALWAYS look worse in slow motion, always seem more intentional, when they just weren't in real time. It wouldn't work.

Oh, and with Rugby, iirc, it's only for tries, when the ball is dead, to confirm whether the ball has touched the ground, crossed the line etc... There's already a stoppage in play, and it's generally (from the little i watch) just to re-assure the referee himself, that he's made the correct decision, like I said, I don't watch much rugby, but they seem to refer nearly every try if there's a tackle on it, just to make sure. BUT only becuase it's an automatic stoppage in play anyway

[Edited on 04-07-2010 by Cavey]
strick206

4th Jul 10 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
i dont think thats acceptable in this day and age though Jonny - nothing will change until a decision affects the outcome of the world cup final - when fifa get totally embarrassed in front of the watching eyes of the world

As soon as the lampard thing happened, i said it would take someone shit, like greece, to play someone like brazil in the final of the world cup, and a brazil goal doesn't count because they didn't see it go over the line, and greece wni the world cup, then it will come in, 100%
JonnyJ

4th Jul 10 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It really should come in anyway. They had an interview with the designer of Hawkeye after the Lampard goal that never was, who said they had presented their idea to FIFA which could tell you whether or not a ball had crossed the line, within seconds and in tests was shown to be 100% accurate, 100% of the time. They also said it wasn't costly.

I think it will come in sooner rather than later. The pressure is growing and FIFA will have to buckle eventually.

[Edited on 04-07-2010 by JonnyJ]

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » why cant 23 database queries in 0.0156050 seconds