corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Predators

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Predators
CORSA NUT

User status: Offline
19th Jul 10 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well i can't find the old thread that was put up so i'll put my own up...

As a die hard Alien and Predator etc etc fan i was looking forward to the film..Aliens is actually in my top 3 fav. films of all time.

Errrrrmmmmmm I was dissapointed

The main guy?? WTF was he all about i've seen him in other films before and was like what a skinny fucking put on gruffly voiced muppet Needed someone hard IMO who was scary..like Arnie

Acting was on the whole terrible

Story was weak with the only action taking place in the jungle etc

Special effects? I've seen better from films 5 years older!

Best bits for me was Laurence Fishburne in the Predator mask he should either of had the lead role or more of a role and the last fight scene.

On the whole.....6 out of 10

[Edited on 19-07-2010 by CORSA NUT]
Ojc

19th Jul 10 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is the trouble, these half arsed producers and directors buying the rights to these films and just using the films title as a way to draw in a crowd, doesn't matter how shit the film is anyone who is a fan of the franchise is still going to go and see it.

Same goes for AVP.

I just prey that Ridley Scott rediscovers his talent with the Alien Prequel and makes it the film of the decade.
CORSA NUT

19th Jul 10 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alien Prequel you say Ollie??
Ojc

19th Jul 10 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In production, google it. Ridley Scott is directing.
Pip308

19th Jul 10 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CORSA NUT

The main guy?? WTF was he all about i've seen him in other films before and was like what a skinny fucking put on gruffly voiced muppet

halfway through it I turned to Budgie and pointed out he sounded like he was doing a Gladiator impression...
SetH

19th Jul 10 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Robert Rodriguez wrote the script for this film back in 1994.

He is predator fan and made this film as such and does not fall foul of the type of producers/directors you are referring too.

Agree about your comments regarding fans of the franchise will go watch it regardless. That fan base though will not be anywhere on the scale of twilight/harry potter etc I dont think the film will draw significant numbers based on that analogy.

Corsa Nut I partly agree with some of your comments. Casting was not great but could have been worse. I would have loved to have seen a Roidz meat head in the lead role but this is not the 80`s/90`s and that's just not going to happen. You don't get 18 stone body building special forces guys anyway although that didn't matter in the Arnold era

Regarding the special effects its good that they weren't that amazing! The film focused on old skool action, i personally didn't want to see a special effects laden fest as it gets boring. They kept faithful to the original concepts if they had redesigned everything there would have been an outcry. Thus on this basis the effects may appear aged.

The story was a straight forward fight for your survival by becoming the hunter scenario, nothing wrong with that. To attempt a complex weaving storyline would have been foolish because then you would get something like A vs P with plot holes left right and centre with millions of xenomorphs running around Aztec type temples etc etc.

This films was not intended as a reboot, redesign etc. Rodigruez vision was for it to be the true sequel to predator and as an 80`s throwback movie that pays homage to to the original it delivered on that basis.

Some critics have made similar comments to yourself and imo it is because they did not realise the above and were expecting something completely different.

You must have loved 'Long Tall Sally' at the end though
SetH

19th Jul 10 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

YEs there is a thread on here.

As a die hard aliens nut you should know about these prequels

[Edited on 19-07-2010 by SetH]
ssj_kakarot

19th Jul 10 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive already replied in the other thread but again i agree with what seth said if you expected any thing other than a throw back to the good old action days of the 80's then your going to see the wrong film, i enjoyed whaching it for what it was and theres nothing wrong with that.

not every film needs a convuluted plot or graphics like avatar.

the main guy wasnt exactly skinny his body was fine and looked like a special forces guy would do, although i agree i would have liked to see someone more built.

also i think fishburne was one of the worst characters, and quite fat to boot. the others wernt to bad, theres wasnt to much dialogue for them to fuck up any way so for the acting i dont see the problem really.
CORSA NUT

19th Jul 10 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SetH
quote:

YEs there is a thread on here.

As a die hard aliens nut you should know about these prequels

[Edited on 19-07-2010 by SetH]

I knew somone would pull me on that! I'm a busy guy TBH though i'm not as into films as much as i was when growing up.
CORSA NUT

19th Jul 10 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SetH
Robert Rodriguez wrote the script for this film back in 1994.

He is predator fan and made this film as such and does not fall foul of the type of producers/directors you are referring too.

Agree about your comments regarding fans of the franchise will go watch it regardless. That fan base though will not be anywhere on the scale of twilight/harry potter etc I dont think the film will draw significant numbers based on that analogy.

Corsa Nut I partly agree with some of your comments. Casting was not great but could have been worse. I would have loved to have seen a Roidz meat head in the lead role but this is not the 80`s/90`s and that's just not going to happen. You don't get 18 stone body building special forces guys anyway although that didn't matter in the Arnold era

Regarding the special effects its good that they weren't that amazing! The film focused on old skool action, i personally didn't want to see a special effects laden fest as it gets boring. They kept faithful to the original concepts if they had redesigned everything there would have been an outcry. Thus on this basis the effects may appear aged.

The story was a straight forward fight for your survival by becoming the hunter scenario, nothing wrong with that. To attempt a complex weaving storyline would have been foolish because then you would get something like A vs P with plot holes left right and centre with millions of xenomorphs running around Aztec type temples etc etc.

This films was not intended as a reboot, redesign etc. Rodigruez vision was for it to be the true sequel to predator and as an 80`s throwback movie that pays homage to to the original it delivered on that basis.

Some critics have made similar comments to yourself and imo it is because they did not realise the above and were expecting something completely different.

You must have loved 'Long Tall Sally' at the end though

Yeah that tune made me I remember watching it for the first time when i was a kid like those guys are fucking awesome!

I suppose it's hard to make a movie nowadays and please everyone hey..there will always be a certain group of people that won't be happy with the outcome. If they wanted to be more old school etc without the special effects then they didn't do the best job

Have you ever seen that Ice T film about the man hunters? Think it's this one..

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111323/

The should have made more of a story about there lives before they were abducted I think?
taylorboosh

19th Jul 10 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i enjoyed it but im easily pleased
Jake

19th Jul 10 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but did they all use 20000rounds shooting a bunch trees?
SetH

19th Jul 10 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Corsa nut if you watched it with me and jake all roided up on the back row you would have liked it more
CORSA NUT

20th Jul 10 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FruitBooTeR

20th Jul 10 at 10:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was okay until Adrien Brody directly quoted Arnie at the end..
CORSA NUT

20th Jul 10 at 10:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is that the skinny fags name?
adiohead

11th Oct 10 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was better than I thought it was gonna be.
Not great though.

Predator 2 is still my favourite.
Nic Barnes

11th Oct 10 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i didnt think it was that bad really. wasnt a great film but i still enjoyed it enough without being a geek and comparing 80s classics to a different film.
SetH

11th Oct 10 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
i didnt think it was that bad really. wasnt a great film but i still enjoyed it enough without being a geek and comparing 80s classics to a different film.
>> A different film that was intended by Rodriguez to be a true sequel to the original 80`s classic
Nic Barnes

11th Oct 10 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

like i said, im not a film geek i just enjoy watching some films, and dont like other films.
SetH

11th Oct 10 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love you x
sc0ott

11th Oct 10 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didnt expect laurence fishface to be in a film like this, unless they were trying to arrest mr predator but thats unlikely.
Blade_sri

11th Oct 10 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thought it was good,
3CorsaMeal

11th Oct 10 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
This is the trouble, these half arsed producers and directors buying the rights to these films and just using the films title as a way to draw in a crowd, doesn't matter how shit the film is anyone who is a fan of the franchise is still going to go and see it.

sounds similar to the new VAG car scene
Bart

11th Oct 10 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was also slightly dissapointed, but then I didnt have high hopes.
I would have hoped for more gore/violence too, the orginals seemd alot darker?

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Predators 22 database queries in 0.0160701 seconds