corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Road rants for today

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Road rants for today
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
27th Jul 10 at 08:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People that get into the 2nd lane at traffic lights then dont get a move on when they change making it difficult to filter in, if you dont want to use that 2nd forward lane to your advantage, dont get in it!

People that drive at 2mph just because the road is damp

People that leave massive gaps in traffic, if everyone did that the queue would be massivley long

People that sit and let everyone out when its there right of way at a roundabout, yes its polite to let one or two cars out in busy situations, but not sit there for 5 mins letting every fucker out compounding the traffic problem ahead!

People that do an emergency stop just to let a police car out of a junction, and i dont mean a police car rushing to get somewhere with lights flashing, just a police car because people want to kiss arse

People that dont overtake police cars in the inside lane on the motorway

[Edited on 27-07-2010 by Steve]
Nath

27th Jul 10 at 08:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People that dont overtake police cars are so annoying! It's just a sea of brake lights and people doing about 60mph.
_Allan_

27th Jul 10 at 08:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nothing gets on my tits more than points 1 and 3. If your going to cut me up as I'm approching a clear stop line in lane 2, at least get a move on when the lights change so we can both filter in. I'd have been away and at the front of the queue ffs.

People who sit on the outside then leave a massive gap. Causing people behind to undertake then filter into the gap, pushing me 1,2,3... cars back at a time

pow
Premium Member

27th Jul 10 at 08:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just thunder past everyone in the outside lane, flashing them out my way at 80 past the police car in the inside.
Ricky352

27th Jul 10 at 08:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve

People that sit and let everyone out when its there right of way at a roundabout, yes its polite to let one or two cars out in busy situations, but not sit there for 5 mins letting every fucker out compounding the traffic problem ahead!

My mate has a wierd driving style, if there is a car parked in the road blocking oncoming traffic he will stop to let them all by because he thinks thats what people do! The obstruction is on their side of the road, let them be the ones to deal with it!
AndyKent

27th Jul 10 at 08:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Similar to point number 1, people who hold me up my entire journey when I can't overtake you, then find the need to use the second lane to overtake people who were originally faster than them.

Problem with these people is that they pull away just fast enough to get their own gap, but far too slow for me to take advantage and I get stuck back with all the other traffic
Steve
Premium Member

27th Jul 10 at 08:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

far to many cunts in this country, think im starting to prefer the asians
SteveoBC
Premium Member

27th Jul 10 at 09:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My number one is people who suddenly stop, then indicate "as they turn" into a side road

idicate before u get there you twat that's what indicators are bloody for!!
Twiggy

27th Jul 10 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SteveoBC
My number one is people who suddenly stop, then indicate "as they turn" into a side road

idicate before u get there you twat that's what indicators are bloody for!!

Proberbly after a whiplash claim mate
am4nf

27th Jul 10 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hate people who dont idicate
Jambo

27th Jul 10 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Adding to Steves point above me. People who literally stop turning into a side road leaving the arse end of their car hanging out in he road that you nearly slam into. No though or perception of anyone else on the road.
K2 GTi

27th Jul 10 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People that flash and do wanker signs when you overtake a twat doing 40 in a 60 limit.

People that drive 40 mph in a 50 limit, and 30 in a 40.

People that stop as soon as the lights turn amber, whether it's an emergency stop or what have you.

I can think of 100's!!
shaunmods
Premium Member

27th Jul 10 at 10:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
Adding to Steves point above me. People who literally stop turning into a side road leaving the arse end of their car hanging out in he road that you nearly slam into. No though or perception of anyone else on the road.

Yes! God I'm glad someone feels the same as me about this lol. The amount of times I've had to slam on because they fanny about turning into a road when its blatantly clear is unreal.

Also, middle lane drivers...dont even get me started
K2 GTi

27th Jul 10 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im surprised ive not been locked up tbf... I had a women with a letter box on her head on saturday go to a roundabout... was in the left lane to go asda, and she went right, straight into my lane!! Fucking sweaty bitch
Jambo

27th Jul 10 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep Shaun happens to me almost everyday!! Posses me right off. Why do you need to decelerate to sub 10mph to take a large corner which is of mild angles?! Fair enough driveways I can sort of understand but main roads in 40mph limits it just is plain dangerous with traffic behind you doing 40mph... Inconsoderate and dangerous
Daimo B

27th Jul 10 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People who use roundabouts as chicanes straightlining them, as I happen to be on the outside, forcing me ON to the roundabout, and then ensueing my wrath.

Middle lane tossers.

Although as im getting older, im trying to think less about being annoyied by the road un-educated morons, and more about ignoring it all. Its working, slowly.
Neo

27th Jul 10 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My recent gripes:

People sitting on your bumper or dropping back and accelerating towards you in slow moving traffic, that then don't have the bollocks to pull into the lay by to discuss what their problem is

People that blast cut infront of you on the motorway and then brake

When you pull out behind someone quite close and they brake, even though you havent accelerated and they have shit loads of space in front, still want to stop you tailgating even though you werent

People that give you any kind of gestures but wont back it up

People that do 50 or less in a 60 and get pissed off when I overtake them

People that do 40 in a 60 and then 40 in a 30

People that sit on your rear bumper through a 30 limit so close you can't see their plate, as soon as it opens up to a 60 you leave them standing, a mile or so after the 60 they are back trying to touch your exhaust or something

I could keep going !
Jambo

27th Jul 10 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I drive a 60mph limit everyday which has a 40mph limit either side. I get flashed on average once a week by some goon doing 40mph in a 60 that I overtake, or the other parallel of them doing 35/41mph in the 60 then speed up to 50+ in the 40limit where there is a school!!

Seriously people need to learn to drive, nearly got killed by someone who deemed giving way to the right o. A roundabout as unnesecary and also left hand lane? Going right round a roundabout? Why not eh only peoples lives at risk

Remove them from the road.
Steve
Premium Member

27th Jul 10 at 11:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rant for lunchtimes driving experience.

Those chicanes in built up areas where one side has to give way if a car is coming.

Well i was coming from the non give way side, 3 cars waiting to come through and i was still a smallish distance away, first car comes through, ok, had to ease off a bit to give it time to come through, 2nd car comes through, was close, 3rd car was a total pisstake, someone in a beemer, i just drove straight at it and forced him to drive up the kerb, fucking twat hope he kerbed his wheels

harrisp

27th Jul 10 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree with every point in this thread other drivers infuriate me so much.

quote:
Originally posted by Neo

People that give you any kind of gestures but wont back it up

Its usually a business man in his company car, I over take 'cos he is too busy on the phone to stay at a reasonable speed then he speeds up and gets up my arse flashing and calling me a wanker, but refuses to pull over to sort it out .
AndyKent

27th Jul 10 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by K2 GTi
People that flash and do wanker signs when you overtake a twat doing 40 in a 60 limit.

People that drive 40 mph in a 50 limit, and 30 in a 40.

People that stop as soon as the lights turn amber, whether it's an emergency stop or what have you.

I can think of 100's!!

Or what about people who find the need to do 40 in a 60, but then plough on through a 30 at 40 as well.

Not even thinking, just keep their foot in the same position for the entire journey.
Piér

27th Jul 10 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I drive in a 60mph zone everyday and it seems that every driver goes 40 or 50mph and there is never a chance to over take as there is so much traffic! its the most irritating thing in the world, and on the B roads when its a 60 and they do 50 and then changes to a 50 and they do 60! What is wrong with these people?!
Steve
Premium Member

27th Jul 10 at 11:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cúnts mate
mattk

27th Jul 10 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
People that dont overtake police cars in the inside lane on the motorway

WORSE than this are the Knob Heads that wont overtake Highways Agency patrols because they think they are police / think they have any power what so ever
3CorsaMeal

27th Jul 10 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think you should drive around wearing hulk fists steve, people won't mess then

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Road rants for today 22 database queries in 0.0165491 seconds